• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Just back from cardiologist. Not good news for tlih. Congestive heart failure and a bad valve in her heart due to calcification. She is in not good enough health for surgery to replace the valve.:( So he changed a few medications. I don't know how long she will be in the rehab facility. I hope she gets to come home before Christmas. We will try to do the best we can, but it is hard. I was 10 minutes late getting her to the appointment because I had to pick up dd16 at school. I'm not sure how much I will be able to juggle as her health continues to fail. She is such a sweet lady and deserves to be cherished. I feel like I'm in a rock and a hard place though.

• Like 2

Just back from cardiologist. Not good news for tlih. Congestive heart failure and a bad valve in her heart due to calcification. She is in not good enough health for surgery to replace the valve. :( So he changed a few medications. I don't know how long she will be in the rehab facility. I hope she gets to come home before Christmas. We will try to do the best we can, but it is hard. I was 10 minutes late getting her to the appointment because I had to pick up dd16 at school. I'm not sure how much I will be able to juggle as her health continues to fail. She is such a sweet lady and deserves to be cherished. I feel like I'm in a rock and a hard place though.

Oh, Dawn.  Hugs.  

• Like 2

((Dawn))  

I have a plan for supper. Just need to see if I'm going to get up and make it.  Going grocery shopping knackered me out.

Otherwise, we're having turkey sandwiches.  The boys have activities tonight so it'll be an evening on the go.

My toddler is oddly quiet and I'm skeered. She's asking me to come with her and that usually means a disaster is awaiting me.

• Like 5

That was actually a daily deal the other day and I immediately thought of Mark. I almost bought it. Except, then I realized I didn't have his address, and who knows what his wife would think of some random strange pretend woman from the internet sending him gifts.

• Like 8

Imma make 10 more graphs and finish a plan for a baseline study tonight! Wooooo!

Also, have wine, and simultaneously respect the self-identification of thousands of students who put their nationality as a "race". Since race is a social construct I accept your construct, my friends, and I will categorize it as such.

• Like 7

Hey, y'all got that horseraddish roast recipe?

Ack!  Yes.  Somewhere here.  

ETA: Here it is!

Becca's BOOYAH Beef!

3 pound beef rump roast

1-2 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

8 oz prepared horseradish sauce

1 cup water

8 small potatoes cut in half

8 peeled carrots cut in fourths (I just use baby carrots)

1 bag of frozen pearl onions, thawed and drained

1/2 cup cold water

1/4 flour

In 4 qt dutch oven or heavy pot, brown beef on all sides on medium heat.  Reduce to low.  

Season with salt and pepper; pour horseradish over top; add 1 cup water.  Heat to boiling, the reduce heat.  Cover and simmer about 3 to 3.5 hours.

Add potatoes, carrots, and onions.  Cover and simmer about 1 hour until tender.  

Remove beef and veggies to a platter; keep warm.  Skim fat from broth, and add water to broth to get 2 cups.  Shake together the 1/2 cup cold water and flour in a separate, tightly-lidded container, then stir it into the broth and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.  Boil and stir one minute.  Serve gravy with beef and veggies.  

SLOW COOKER VERSION:  Brown beef, then layer potatoes, carrots, and onions in cooker with beef on top.  Spread horseradish, salt and pepper over beef. Add water slowly.  Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. 

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 8

Random updates...

I haven't gained any weight yet, which is surprising because I feel like a blob. That's probably because of my lack of activity and uptake in carbs.

Ultrasound on the 30th(?). We should have a gender at that point. Baby was playful today. Very cute.

We aren't getting evicted or starving to death, but we're still pissy with Matt's company. We aren't stressed either though so yay.

I've started school back up and hope to start working out this week. This is evidence that I'm feeling *a lot* better because that was nowhere on the radar two weeks ago.

• Like 10