Menu

Ignore this thread!

Oh, hey, when I was 3 months pregnant with #2 my ex-husband lost his job and then left me! But then he came back and joined the military. Speaking of the difficult option. And at the same time, my own partner was ALSO taking a loss on a house! And then his wife left him and went back to school and took out student loans.

Yay for the difficult options!

How come you can ride a motorcycle but not drive a car?!?

I can't comprehend what's outside the car. I can understand what's inside the car up to the doors/windows etc. but I can't measure the distance of anything outside of the car. My motorcycle abilities are very limited, but I don't go on busy roads.

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Last night I actually did a real analysis of home sales around the area.

# of homes in our criteria that sold in this specific neighborhood last year: 2.

In a larger area: about 13.

We also analyzed the mean per square foot, mean square footage, etc. Now we are more informed and more skeptical and this is all much less exciting because everything looks like a bad deal compared to that one house that sold in this neighborhood last spring.

I know a female electrician. There is also home inspection. Those two would work well together along with plumbing or HVAC. Minority or women owned businesses can get preferential contracts.

I would advise caution on the home inspection thing-it's market dependent.  The others aren't.  We always need plumbing and heat.

Last night I actually did a real analysis of home sales around the area.

# of homes in our criteria that sold in this specific neighborhood last year: 2.

In a larger area: about 13.

We also analyzed the mean per square foot, mean square footage, etc. Now we are more informed and more skeptical and this is all much less exciting because everything looks like a bad deal compared to that one house that sold in this neighborhood last spring.

Sounds like our area. 

• Like 1

I can't comprehend what's outside the car. I can understand what's inside the car up to the doors/windows etc. but I can't measure the distance of anything outside of the car. My motorcycle abilities are very limited, but I don't go on busy roads.

That is so weird. (Said in the nicest, most fascinated tone possible.)

• Like 2

:mellow:

Oh. I really wouldn't have you on a motorcycle. Can you ride a bike?

If I'm inside of something, even a clear bubble I can't understand what's going on outside of it. Tex thinks I'm autistic, Quackers thinks I have sensory processing disorder.

I think you are super-sensitive to bubbles. I like to look at the positive side of things.

I don't have SAD, I'm seasonally attuned so I must be careful to get outside a lot to ensure that my seasonal attunement doesn't cause me to think the sun died.

I am not ADD, I'm extremely single-minded and hyper-aware of light and sound. Hey, someone's got to notice the sky. I like to think that my ancestors were star-watchers.

I'm not autistic, I am just extremely good at ignoring irrelevant social data and focusing on facts about the external world that don't involve other humans.

I don't have a sensory processing disorder, I am just extremely good at discerning how completely irritating certain fluorescent lights and high-pitched voices are

• Like 7

I'm following the conversation but I have headache and am just waiting for DS to finish his schoolwork so I can crash into bed.

Also following news out of Paris.  :crying:

Sorry about the headache.  That's what brought be onto this thread in the first place.

Paris.   :crying:

• Like 1

:mellow:

Oh. I really wouldn't have you on a motorcycle. Can you ride a bike?

Ha! I would never put myself or anyone else in danger. I rode my bike (the vroom vroom kind) to work when I worked strange hours and only took back roads because they were simple enough to understand. I was never intimidated on my bike. I always felt safe. And totally hot. Because biker chick.

• Like 1

I never said Slache is autistic. ASD is one of the possibilities. I cannot diagnose anyone over the Internet. Not even wearing a unicorn hat. ;)

Home inspection would be a license I got in addition to something else so I could have several different ways to earn a living. I like that idea of more than one way to earn a living.

• Like 5

I never said Slache is autistic. ASD is one of the possibilities. I cannot diagnose anyone over the Internet. Not even wearing a unicorn hat. ;)

Home inspection would be a license I got in addition to something else so I could have several different ways to earn a living. I like that idea of more than one way to earn a living.

Yep. The "have more than one egg in your basket" is a mantra oft repeated in wah forums. It is also strange-looking on a resume unless the person looks at the dates and realizes you did several things at one time.  :leaving:

• Like 2

We're torturing oldest DS right now. He wants to leave for his school dance so bad, but it's too early. So, we (dh and I) are giving him a hard time. It's so much fun! Other DS is with his friend at a high school football game. So, this evening it's dh and the girls and me! Ahhhh, bliss!

• Like 7

I've been at work all day so I didn't even hear about Paris until this evening. Spent some time talking to the boys about it.

No writing today except for some limited work on one scene at lunch. Hoping for a 2000 word day tomorrow and a 4000 Sunday if I can swing it.

• Like 1

Hamster has been found and is safe and sound in her home. She was in my bathroom, playing with a tweezer. Dh found her and it was so weird because I had just been in there contemplating whether or not I should drain the bathtub which has a small alligator growing in it.

Glad the hamster has been found before going to bed.  I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

You have an alligator in your bathtub?  Or is that some weird auto-correct that just happened?

• Like 1

Hamster has been found and is safe and sound in her home. She was in my bathroom, playing with a tweezer. Dh found her and it was so weird because I had just been in there contemplating whether or not I should drain the bathtub which has a small alligator growing in it.

What an odd tale you have told!
  • Like 2

Glad the hamster has been found before going to bed. I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

You have an alligator in your bathtub? Or is that some weird auto-correct that just happened?

Oh, yes, I guess that does sound a bit Louisiana Swampland. It is one of those "grow" critters from the dollar store - stick them in water and they get bigger. Dd6 bought it for ds11's birthday. :D

• Like 5

I slept in until about 4:30. I couldn't stop thinking about Paris. Now I'm not sure if I should go back down or work out. I've gained 4 pounds and that ain't all baby.

muscle?  :hat:

I have a mild case of "runner's knee" - self-diagnosed.  I found some exercises I could do to strengthen muscles, blah, blah, blah.  (Need stronger muscles to carry all this fat, evidently.)

muscle? :hat:

I have a mild case of "runner's knee" - self-diagnosed. I found some exercises I could do to strengthen muscles, blah, blah, blah. (Need stronger muscles to carry all this fat, evidently.)

I lose more fat weight training than any other way. I haven't been working out, because sick, and I haven't been eating well, because sick, so I think I'm just bloated and feeling funky.

• Like 1

Good morning!!!! I slept in too. Until 8 a.m., yay!!!!

We had 3 extra teenagers spend the night, last night. I was expecting one, but then another girl texted dd16 and asked if she could spend the night. Then ds20 brought a friend home, and he spent the night. So there you go. However, I would rather have a house full of teenagers than let mine go somewhere to spend the night. I do let them. After I have met the parents and got to know the child, etc. (I am a tad overprotective, but I had a bad experience as a child)

I think their friends like coming here because dh and I really try to make them feel at home, and I always have food.:D

• Like 4

Oh, yes, I guess that does sound a bit Louisiana Swampland. It is one of those "grow" critters from the dollar store - stick them in water and they get bigger. Dd6 bought it for ds11's birthday. :D

:)  I was almost afraid to ask.  You never know what homeschoolers might have in their house.

• Like 7

Today is the Big Day: the big concert for which I needed the Black Dress. Which I found, BTW--a skirt and a drapey top, at Dillards. I feel very artsy in the top, lol. Mr. Ellie is busy this morning with a Gideon thing, while I get to stay home in my jammies and schlep around.

Also I succumbed to an advertising ploy and bought "Wen" for my hair. I'll use it today for the first time.

That is all.

• Like 10