• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

:::Warning:::  The following news alert contains a whole lotta Proud-Mama Gloating, as well as an annoyingly cliche Introductory So.  

So I headed into the bedroom to put ds1 down for his nap this afternoon, and Little Duck (dd5) ran up behind me and shut the door, hollering as she did.  "You can't come out, Mommy!  We are planning a surprise for you!"  

After playing with baby for about 5 minutes, I called out that I needed to set him down and come out because a) I was bored, and b) he needed to sleep.  Some scuttling and voices, then Little Duck popped in, shut the door behind herself and proceeded to entertain me with made-up stories.  So I wouldn't be bored, see.  

When her stamina for stories wore thin, I told her gently that I really MUST leave baby so he could nap.  Another committee meeting was called in the hallway, whereupon I was informed that I could come out, on the condition that I kept my eyes shut the whole way to the couch, and then continue to keep them closed and rest while the "'prise" was finished. Ds8 guided me to the couch, dd6 popped the noise reduction headphones on my head so I wouldn't figure out what they were doing, dd5 showed me where the pillow was, and someone tucked the blanket around me.

They then proceeded to clean the entire house.  They picked up every single room.  They windexed all the windows and mirrors except in baby's room.  They vacuumed.  They spoke kindly to one another. And I dozed.  Almost an HOUR later, one of them rang the school bell to wake me and give me the tour.  

I kid you not.  Pillows were lined up neatly on the couch.  Four little cleaning buckets were in a neat little row.  The blankets were draped just so over the couches and chairs.  Coats were hung up where they belong.  Laundry put away.  The only thing they didn't do was the dishes.  

It turns out it was dd6s idea, and did in fact really happen (I know; I pinched myself many times).  I smothered them with kissies and hugs and m+m's, of course, and they are now all enjoying a movie.   Mommy's bucket is full to overflowing.  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:

• Like 11

I have no more likes, but likety like everything for last 12 hours for me.  I think SWB has decided to ration them out slowly to me.  

In case the sweetness hasn't already given you a cavity, they are all in other room right now singing Ephesians 6:10-11 in concert (God Rocks dvd's my sister handed down to me.)

• Like 6

:::Warning:::  The following news alert contains a whole lotta Proud-Mama Gloating, as well as an annoyingly cliche Introductory So.  

So I headed into the bedroom to put ds1 down for his nap this afternoon, and Little Duck (dd5) ran up behind me and shut the door, hollering as she did.  "You can't come out, Mommy!  We are planning a surprise for you!"  

After playing with baby for about 5 minutes, I called out that I needed to set him down and come out because a) I was bored, and b) he needed to sleep.  Some scuttling and voices, then Little Duck popped in, shut the door behind herself and proceeded to entertain me with made-up stories.  So I wouldn't be bored, see.  

When her stamina for stories wore thin, I told her gently that I really MUST leave baby so he could nap.  Another committee meeting was called in the hallway, whereupon I was informed that I could come out, on the condition that I kept my eyes shut the whole way to the couch, and then continue to keep them closed and rest while the "'prise" was finished. Ds8 guided me to the couch, dd6 popped the noise reduction headphones on my head so I wouldn't figure out what they were doing, dd5 showed me where the pillow was, and someone tucked the blanket around me.

They then proceeded to clean the entire house.  They picked up every single room.  They windexed all the windows and mirrors except in baby's room.  They vacuumed.  They spoke kindly to one another. And I dozed.  Almost an HOUR later, one of them rang the school bell to wake me and give me the tour.  

I kid you not.  Pillows were lined up neatly on the couch.  Four little cleaning buckets were in a neat little row.  The blankets were draped just so over the couches and chairs.  Coats were hung up where they belong.  Laundry put away.  The only thing they didn't do was the dishes.  

It turns out it was dd6s idea, and did in fact really happen (I know; I pinched myself many times).  I smothered them with kissies and hugs and m+m's, of course, and they are now all enjoying a movie.   Mommy's bucket is full to overflowing.  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:  :001_wub:

jawdrop.gif

• Like 3

heart.gif

• Like 1

:::Warning::: The following news alert contains a whole lotta Proud-Mama Gloating, as well as an annoyingly cliche Introductory So.

So I headed into the bedroom to put ds1 down for his nap this afternoon, and Little Duck (dd5) ran up behind me and shut the door, hollering as she did. "You can't come out, Mommy! We are planning a surprise for you!"

After playing with baby for about 5 minutes, I called out that I needed to set him down and come out because a) I was bored, and b) he needed to sleep. Some scuttling and voices, then Little Duck popped in, shut the door behind herself and proceeded to entertain me with made-up stories. So I wouldn't be bored, see.

When her stamina for stories wore thin, I told her gently that I really MUST leave baby so he could nap. Another committee meeting was called in the hallway, whereupon I was informed that I could come out, on the condition that I kept my eyes shut the whole way to the couch, and then continue to keep them closed and rest while the "'prise" was finished. Ds8 guided me to the couch, dd6 popped the noise reduction headphones on my head so I wouldn't figure out what they were doing, dd5 showed me where the pillow was, and someone tucked the blanket around me.

They then proceeded to clean the entire house. They picked up every single room. They windexed all the windows and mirrors except in baby's room. They vacuumed. They spoke kindly to one another. And I dozed. Almost an HOUR later, one of them rang the school bell to wake me and give me the tour.

I kid you not. Pillows were lined up neatly on the couch. Four little cleaning buckets were in a neat little row. The blankets were draped just so over the couches and chairs. Coats were hung up where they belong. Laundry put away. The only thing they didn't do was the dishes.

It turns out it was dd6s idea, and did in fact really happen (I know; I pinched myself many times). I smothered them with kissies and hugs and m+m's, of course, and they are now all enjoying a movie. Mommy's bucket is full to overflowing. :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

So so sweet. :001_wub:

What a truly special "'prise"!!!! And lovely children!! :001_wub:

• Like 2

I have no more likes, but likety like everything for last 12 hours for me.  I think SWB has decided to ration them out slowly to me.  

In case the sweetness hasn't already given you a cavity, they are all in other room right now singing Ephesians 6:10-11 in concert (God Rocks dvd's my sister handed down to me.)

Wow.  I suspect some little chillens have a seriously awesome mom!  Good job, Quackers!

• Like 5

Aw Quackers, what sweet ducks! The cuteness is oozing all over the Internet.

Went to the university library today for a National History Day lesson. It's a big 10, and I went to college there. Feeling VERY nostalgic and melancholy after that visit. (My college years were nuts, because of both things that happened to me and really poor decisions I made... Because young with no family guidance.) My guys thought it was awesome though.

No dinner tonight. Too tired. Bad mom I am (nod to Yoda.) They can scrounge, and I will make a feast tomorrow.

I need a blanket.

• Like 2

Wow.  :thumbup:

They probably want something.

• Like 3

Ooo, ooo, ooo! Pick me! Pick me!

I'll swing by and get her after I've gotten John and Mooies. After that, we'll go get Gymnast; she's so adventuresome, I figure she'll want ride on the luggage rack on top!  (Oh, and mine's not in the Child Trade Program.  She's an only and I'm very attached.) 

I thought we'd already established that you are much too dangerous to have our children. Your own is already used to you.

:::Warning::: The following news alert contains a whole lotta Proud-Mama Gloating, as well as an annoyingly cliche Introductory So.

So I headed into the bedroom to put ds1 down for his nap this afternoon, and Little Duck (dd5) ran up behind me and shut the door, hollering as she did. "You can't come out, Mommy! We are planning a surprise for you!"

After playing with baby for about 5 minutes, I called out that I needed to set him down and come out because a) I was bored, and b) he needed to sleep. Some scuttling and voices, then Little Duck popped in, shut the door behind herself and proceeded to entertain me with made-up stories. So I wouldn't be bored, see.

When her stamina for stories wore thin, I told her gently that I really MUST leave baby so he could nap. Another committee meeting was called in the hallway, whereupon I was informed that I could come out, on the condition that I kept my eyes shut the whole way to the couch, and then continue to keep them closed and rest while the "'prise" was finished. Ds8 guided me to the couch, dd6 popped the noise reduction headphones on my head so I wouldn't figure out what they were doing, dd5 showed me where the pillow was, and someone tucked the blanket around me.

They then proceeded to clean the entire house. They picked up every single room. They windexed all the windows and mirrors except in baby's room. They vacuumed. They spoke kindly to one another. And I dozed. Almost an HOUR later, one of them rang the school bell to wake me and give me the tour.

I kid you not. Pillows were lined up neatly on the couch. Four little cleaning buckets were in a neat little row. The blankets were draped just so over the couches and chairs. Coats were hung up where they belong. Laundry put away. The only thing they didn't do was the dishes.

It turns out it was dd6s idea, and did in fact really happen (I know; I pinched myself many times). I smothered them with kissies and hugs and m+m's, of course, and they are now all enjoying a movie. Mommy's bucket is full to overflowing. :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

Perfectly acceptable brag. You lucky duck, you.

• Like 5

Set out to do 2,000 words, the protagonist got carried away (again) and ended up with 3,062. Total word count is up to 33,571. The squirrels settled down and did school with minimal complaining and snaps at each other. It's no Duckie Wonderland, but best they could do.

• Like 5

Set out to do 2,000 words, the protagonist got carried away (again) and ended up with 3,062. Total word count is up to 33,571. The squirrels settled down and did school with minimal complaining and snaps at each other. It's no Duckie Wonderland, but best they could do.

Argh!

• Like 1

Excellent!!

jawdrop.gif

Yup!

I could use some classes.  Any (legal) ideas for incarcerating my child in her room for 5 to 10 years?

#stilldeciding #don'tpressureme 

Unless she escapes, no one would ever know.

Unless you are a usurper, you should side with the Queen. She is all in for #noh.

• Like 1

Ducklings, wow.  You must be the best Mom eveh!

(See, even if mine had even contemplated such a thing, I would have freaked out as soon as the normal put the baby down for the nap routine was interfered with.  Because baby.must.nap.)

Yes.  I would have griped about too.much.noise.  and too.much.mess.

I guess I have a lot to learn.  Sigh.

• Like 1

Unless she escapes, no one would ever know.

Unless you are a usurper, you should side with the Queen. She is all in for #noh.

Dd7 has five siblings.  There are no secrets in my house.

As for the #noh debate: I will probably wait until I am first and decide in the moment.

• Like 1

I'm new on this thread and I can feel the likes being sucked out of me.  Even though I've been sharing likes very conservatively (I want to like almost everything), I feel like I am getting dangerously low.

I feel like I need to go take an iron supplement or something.

• Like 7

Dd7 has five siblings.  There are no secrets in my house.

As for the #noh debate: I will probably wait until I am first and decide in the moment.

No, the secret only needs to stay inside the house. However, if she is part of the ITT Child Exchange Network, then only ITT need be in the know. We need to know how traumatized she will be if one of us claim her.

• Like 2

Ducklings, wow.  You must be the best Mom eveh!

(See, even if mine had even contemplated such a thing, I would have freaked out as soon as the normal put the baby down for the nap routine was interfered with.  Because baby.must.nap.)

:smilielol5: 

Ha! No such thing.  

I am just tired, that's all.  And not stupid.  The opportunity to relax blindfolded on the couch was too good to pass up.  And those headphones were an unexpected bonus.  They could have thrown a wild party and trashed the place, and I wouldn't have minded.   Sleep and Muffled Silence are gold.  

• Like 1

:smilielol5:

Ha! No such thing.  

I am just tired, that's all.  And not stupid.  The opportunity to relax blindfolded on the couch was too good to pass up.  And those headphones were an unexpected bonus.  They could have thrown a wild party and trashed the place, and I wouldn't have minded.   Sleep and Muffled Silence are gold.  

Don't let them know that you said this.

And I may be adding headphones to my Christmas list.  #becauseheadaches

• Like 1

Don't let them know that you said this.

And I may be adding headphones to my Christmas list.  #becauseheadaches

Yes, you should!  Mine were actually purchased for ds8 (Mr. Sensory Dude) but I get far more use out of them than he does.  They've kept me from being shipped off to the funny farm.  

ETA: Well, golly.  In honor of Junie, I am allowing her access to my account so that she can have this space. 

Aaaaaaand..........Junie says BOOYAH!  

ETA:  Well done, Junie.  WELL DONE.   :hurray:

• Like 5