• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

My exercise tonight is emptying and loading the dishwasher and running it.  I got myself overtired.  I tried to rest but the stupid insurance company called to tell me about opportunities they have to help improve my health.  I didn't point out to them the irony of them waking me up from a nap and putting me in pain in order to do that.  

• Like 3

I survived my dance lesson. And yes, we signed up for a beginners package. The instructor, who was a complete cutie pie, does not think I am a hopeless case.

The package is called "The Confidence Builder". Ha. If I can get through a dance without crying from shame, I think I will be doing OK. (I actually stepped on dh's feet at least half a dozen times. I am a decidedly awkward ninja elephant.)

(Ooo, look at that - I can quote myself!)

• Like 5

My exercise tonight is emptying and loading the dishwasher and running it. I got myself overtired. I tried to rest but the stupid insurance company called to tell me about opportunities they have to help improve my health. I didn't point out to them the irony of them waking me up from a nap and putting me in pain in order to do that.

Good job, insurance company! (Not)

• Like 1

My last content class for the other university is about emergent literacy. I'm going to enjoy this one. Then, two research classes and I'm done! I wish they would let me transfer in this lit course. I took several early childhood lit courses at a different uni, so the one I'm in now is essentially a repeat. There are only three classes they allow to transfer in though, and this isn't one of them. Oh, well. It better be an easy A. If it isn't, I'll be so disappointed.

I survived my dance lesson. And yes, we signed up for a beginners package. The instructor, who was a complete cutie pie, does not think I am a hopeless case.

That's because if cutie pie told you you were hopeless, you'd stop coming, and cutie pie wouldn't get paid.

(I really can't tell if cutie pie is a he or a she in this case.)

• Like 4

My last content class for the other university is about emergent literacy. I'm going to enjoy this one. Then, two research classes and I'm done! I wish they would let me transfer in this lit course. I took several early childhood lit courses at a different uni, so the one I'm in now is essentially a repeat. There are only three classes they allow to transfer in though, and this isn't one of them. Oh, well. It better be an easy A. If it isn't, I'll be so disappointed.

I thought this said "emergency literacy", and I thought it sounded very intriguing.

• Like 5

It was a joke because I was at church. I thought it was funny. Apparently it wasn't.

I thought it was funny;-)

Mornin' gals.

My morning peace is being disturbed by the septic guys loud truck. Yup. He was a no show yesterday. Dh was ticked. They were supposed to be here between 8-10. At 10:45, he called to find out where they were. (He worked from home yesterday so he could be here... I am not crazy about having strange men here when he isn't... I am weird like that.) They said no one was coming... All day... Because of an emergency at the stadium. Were they going to bother to call us? Nope. Nice.

I think they sent the owner today, though. To placate dh:-)

My life is so exciting :lol:

• Like 5

Good morning.  I don't know if I'm going to get to go back to bed after dh goes to work.  Somehow I am out of bread so I had to make dh's sandwich in a hot dog bun and his morning toast from the last bread heel.  Not his favorites but oh well.  Some days are like that.  And ds was having a panic this morning running around looking for clean socks for work. I had just put a pile of clean socks in his doorway yesterday for him to put away and they aren't in his drawer and he thinks he threw them back in the laundry hamper.  With the difficulty I have keeping up with the laundry around here, I am not. amused.  (Think of Queen Victoria when you read that last sentence.)

• Like 2

It was a joke because I was at church. I thought it was funny. Apparently it wasn't.

I thought it was funny, too.  As was your "unbiblical" comment.  I guess my reply wasn't received in the humorous manner in which it was intended. :(  My bad.

I thought it was funny;-)

Mornin' gals.

My morning peace is being disturbed by the septic guys loud truck. Yup. He was a no show yesterday. Dh was ticked. They were supposed to be here between 8-10. At 10:45, he called to find out where they were. (He worked from home yesterday so he could be here... I am not crazy about having strange men here when he isn't... I am weird like that.) They said no one was coming... All day... Because of an emergency at the stadium. Were they going to bother to call us? Nope. Nice.

I think they sent the owner today, though. To placate dh:-)

My life is so exciting :lol:

Thank you for the reminder! 

"Call Septic Guy" ----- check

It was a riot.

At least you weren't doing catch-up Bible reading like I was.

That's because I'm a better Christian than you. That's how you know you're a good Christian, because you behave better than other Christians in public and then make sure everyone else knows.
  • Like 3

I thought it was funny, too!

Today I am a taxi service. I have entered that phase in my motherhood.

8:00- DS1 STEM Camp

9:00- DS2 volunteer at thrift shop

9:35 - DD2&3 swimming lessons

12:30 - pick up DS1 for STEM Camp, then pick up his friend to come over and play for the afternoon

1:00- pick up DS2 for thrift shop

5:00 - drop off DS1 & friend at youth group swim party

It's no wonder I have trouble focusing on anything and getting anything done.

• Like 2

I thought it was funny, too!

Today I am a taxi service. I have entered that phase in my motherhood.

8:00- DS1 STEM Camp

9:00- DS2 volunteer at thrift shop

9:35 - DD2&3 swimming lessons

12:30 - pick up DS1 for STEM Camp, then pick up his friend to come over and play for the afternoon

1:00- pick up DS2 for thrift shop

5:00 - drop off DS1 & friend at youth group swim party

It's no wonder I have trouble focusing on anything and getting anything done.

This is great. I need a ride to the chiropractor at 3:30. Can you manage that?

• Like 3

I have decided to write that Greek curriculum. At least for K-2nd. It will focus on phonograms, copywork and read alouds. The purpose will be to get students comfortable with the language so there are no hindrances when they begin to study grammar, and vocabulary acquisition. The first year will cover phonograms and handwriting so it will be easy to finish. I hope to have it finished in... 3 months? I have other stuff to do first.

• Like 3