Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have decided to write that Greek curriculum. At least for K-2nd. It will focus on phonograms, copywork and read alouds. The purpose will be to get students comfortable with the language so there are no hindrances when they begin to study grammar, and vocabulary acquisition. The first year will cover phonograms and handwriting so it will be easy to finish. I hope to have it finished in... 3 months? I have other stuff to do first.

Cool. I'm going to write a native Spanish curriculum. I need to finish my degree though, so won't get started until next year.

• Like 1

Renai, sorry I deserted you this morning.  DH and I did c25k.  Then I took kids to writing camp.  Then I met an irl homeschool friend at Panera.  Then I went to Verizon to deal with cell phone stuff.  Then I went by the library to return and book and check out a book.  Then I came home.  Now I'm getting ready to leave again to pick up kids.  Not quite the quiet day I had Monday.  Maybe tomorrow will be.

• Like 3

That's because I'm a better Christian than you. That's how you know you're a good Christian, because you behave better than other Christians in public and then make sure everyone else knows.

:smilielol5:

And I am a bad Christian.  The kind that reads Exodus during a sermon on Mark, and gets so absorbed in it that dh has to poke me to get me to stand for responsive reading.  

But dh is usually worse.  We both suffer from Five-Kids-Under-Age-Eight-So-We-Fall-Asleep-If-We-Sit-Down-For-More-Than-Three-Minutes Syndrome; so lengthy exegetical sermons (even great ones) are a killer.  We are always late. Rarely showered. In jeans dribbled with yogurt and prunes. Back row.  Poking each other when heads nod. Dh snored once when I was not there to alert him. 

• Like 4

Not really. Just running on very little sleep. I'll probably fall asleep while she's drilling. Mouth is going numb now.

I have done this too.  Fallen asleep at dentist, that is.  (See previous post regarding my disorder.)

Our dentist provides a heated neck roll, so I'm a goner.  It's one of the few times I'm kid-free and get a nap, so it's one of my top five fave places.   And they know it and treat me well.  We are fb friends.  They feed my kids movies if I can't get a sitter.  

• Like 2

I have decided to write that Greek curriculum. At least for K-2nd. It will focus on phonograms, copywork and read alouds. The purpose will be to get students comfortable with the language so there are no hindrances when they begin to study grammar, and vocabulary acquisition. The first year will cover phonograms and handwriting so it will be easy to finish. I hope to have it finished in... 3 months? I have other stuff to do first.

Woo-hoo!  I'll read it for you.  

ETA:  And correct all the spelling errors.   :001_rolleyes:

• Like 1

You needed the rest.  

I just talked to my 90 year old mom.  I feel a tiny bit guilty that I was getting irritated with her.  (She doesn't know it.)

It's okay.

Her 50 year-old self would have completely understood, and probably thanked you for all you are doing to encourage her at this chapter in her life.  

Go Jean Go!

Go Jean Go!  

• Like 2

And I am a bad Christian.  The kind that reads Exodus during a sermon on Mark, and gets so absorbed in it that dh has to poke me to get me to stand for responsive reading.  

But dh is usually worse.  We both suffer from Five-Kids-Under-Age-Eight-So-We-Fall-Asleep-If-We-Sit-Down-For-More-Than-Three-Minutes Syndrome; so lengthy exegetical sermons (even great ones) are a killer.  We are always late. Rarely showered. In jeans dribbled with yogurt and prunes. Back row.  Poking each other when heads nod. Dh snored once when I was not there to alert him. 

I fall asleep during sermons too.  My dh is giving them.   :leaving:

• Like 3

OK - I am now at the library.  I have to knock out another lesson.  Only 2 1/2 weeks to camp.  It takes me 2 hours to write a lesson (minus the activity or craft) and even once I get these all written I will have to figure out the activities and assemble materials.   :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

And my family still insists on eating meals and wanting to put on clean clothes etc.   :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

• Like 3

I'm only ever going to make it to the basement of heaven* anyway.

* It's like the Alamo.  There is no basement.  It's a joke.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 7

Tex - wow.  I like the signature update.  It's so big, bold, and ..... committed!  Maybe that will inspire me.  To commit to something, lol. 

Thanks!  I'm pretty committed at this point.  All curricula and texts are purchased, the school area is neat, my English class is planned, etc.  I like planning.  I like having a plan.  It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

• Like 1

I'm only ever going to make it to the basement of heaven* anyway (cursing and a misspent youth) so I don't even bother anymore.  I secretly believe that I am one of God's favorites** because of it.   :D

* It's like the Alamo.  There is no basement.  It's a joke.

** God has no favorites, but if He did, I would make the list.  I'm sure of it.

That's what grace is for. ;)

• Like 1

Cookout was great.  Held on a blanket in the garage, which usually contains our van but has been empty since I unloaded all our imperishables in there about SIX days ago and still have not put them in the pantry. (L.A.Z.Y.)  Ds7 took my order in his notebook (house salad followed by mushroom risotto, then baked ziti and the brownie-with-the-choco-chips-on-top-thankyouverymuch.)  Dd6 wrote down all sorts of stats about me in her notebook (she didn't buy the fact that I'm 28), and DD4 hopped around smiling.  Dd3 fell asleep on a pillow.  

I did not organize the pseudo-schoolroom.  

I did however throw together a zucchini/eggplant bake, which is baking right now.   

And talk the roofer and mason into agreeing on a plan that does not involve roofing debris being tossed into new walkway foundation next week. 

And sent a pleading email to a friend and his wife* hoping he'll hang our drywall for us in spite of his insanely busy schedule. 

And I mailed a brownie-with-the-choco-chips-on-top-thankyouverymuch to Jean.  Because she is STRESSED and needs some DESSERTS. 

Not bad for an afternoon.  Shacka-Lacka-BOOM-yow!

*Hoping his wife is the neck of the house.  Which I think she is.  And I know she's on my side.  

• Like 5

Good Morning!  I slept in a bit today.  Ahhhhh. 

But I've got to get moving because someone from Lowe's is coming this morning to measure the cabinet where our oven goes so we can order a new one.  Did I not tell you our oven story?  I'll spare you the details, but I've had an empty space in my cabinet where the oven goes for about a week now, and a useless oven sitting there about a week before that.  So I think they come and measure today and then we wait another week or two for it. 

• Like 4