Menu

Ginger Honey Tea

Jean in Newcastle

Homemade is meant to be spicy. Add rock sugar if it is okay to add (as in you are not on a sugar restricted diet). I try to cook ginger with meat so that it doesn't feel so spicy eventhough it probably is.

If it is for sore throat, longan and red dates tea would work too.

We have Stash (brand) lemon ginger, and it's got a kick at the end.

Dd uses mint tea to clear a phlemmy throat, and tried the ginger tea to see if it would help with the same--it works pretty well for her. Not too spicy to enjoy.

Have you tried throat coat tea? It's pretty sweet. It has licorice and marshmallow root in it, among other things. It's very slightly viscous and dd said it has helped her--we just tried it this week as she's got a sore throat.

Hope you are better, Jean--did you get to the ENT?

Homemade.  Dh went out to the  market this morning and spent hours making it for me.

I make a quick lemon ginger tea in 10 minutes.  Put enough water for 1 cup of tea in a small saucepan.  I use almost a 1 inch chunk of fresh ginger - peeled and then finely sliced into the water. Bring to a boil and then simmer 10-15 minutes. (The longer the stronger.)  Pour into a mug and add a generous squeeze of fresh lemon.  Sometimes when I feel a bad headache coming on I'll drink this instead of taking meds.   It will either take the headache away or at least take the edge off.

Too tired to go back to quote:

Dh says it will mellow out some overnight.  I haven't tried it again today.

I did dilute it with water.

And added honey.

I drink and like Throat Coat tea.  

Chris - I have infected lingual tonsils.  These are another set of tonsils I didn't even know we had - found at the base of your tongue, down your throat.  I'm now on antibiotics.