Menu

Iphone 6 or 6 plus?

Remudamom

The 6+ is ginormous. I saw a guy walking out of the Apple Store talking on one, and he looked like a Hobbit with an iPhone. You'd need basketball player sized hands to use it one-handed.

(But if you get the Plus, I can send you the case I accidentally ordered and forgot to return in time.)

Dh and I upgraded from our 4S to the 6 Plus this Christmas. I wasn't sure at first because it felt so ridiculously big. I love the analogy of a Hobbit with a iPhone. ;) But, I can *read* everything on it, even without my glasses. I don't mind if a kid steals the iPad because I can surf the web and FB without eye strain on the Plus. It's a bit awkward at first using it as an actual phone; it actually felt a little ostentatious the first few times. But now, I don't even notice until I set it down next to our old phones (we kept those to use as iPods for music and audio books). Man those were tiny. In all, I'm quite happy we went with the 6 Plus. Oh, and we went ahead and bought the 128 MB; I don't know if I could ever fill it up, but the camera is so insanely gorgeous, it gives me a ton of room for photos and videos.

I LOVE my plus.  I never even use my kindle anymore.  The only negative thing is that it can be a little difficult to cradle on your shoulder when you're cooking and need both hands.  I mean, not difficult to cradle, just difficult for someone to hear you speak until you learn to cradle it a little higher than you naturally would.

I went into the store and tried out both phones. I previously had the 5 and knew I wanted something bigger. I tried out the 6 but the difference in size between the 5 and the 6 didn't seem like very much to me. I tried out the 6+ and loved it! I use the camera all the time and I love it. To me, it hasn't seemed awkward at all to use it as a phone.

I can't really compare because I have a 5 and have never had anything else!  But the 5 seems nearly perfect to me...  If anything, I'd want it just a tad smaller.  I can still fit it in most of my pockets as well as a tiny purse I sometimes carry.  Can you do that with a 6?  I mean, can you fit it in your pocket?

It depends also on whether you are a purse phone girl or a pocket phone girl. I have the 6+. I love it but I carry it in my purse. I also have a blue-tooth ear bud and my car has Bluetooth, so I rarely talk directly on the phone. It is big,nbut the benefits of a mini tablet outweigh the effects of a big phone to me!

I just got a regular 6 and wish it were a tad shorter, because it does not fit securely in pockets, imp, the point of a mobile phone is that you carry it around so that you can answer, text, email instantly (if you want to). So portability is an issue for me.

Btw, I hear the 16 GB is too small, considering that ios 8 mtakes more room than previous versions.i went with 64 GB.

I don't know the differences between the 6 and 6 plus cameras.  I love the camera on the 6 plus, but it is never going to replace a DSLR.  The large screen displays photos taken on my old 4 (and stored in the cloud) beautifully.  As for riding, one of those arm bands might work.  I don't bike much but I use one of those waterproof pouches with a roll top for that type of thing when I do ride.  It's more than large enough and will protect the phone from sweat or a freak downpour.  I think I got it on sale at REI, but I've seen similar things in the camping section at WalMart.

It depends also on whether you are a purse phone girl or a pocket phone girl. I have the 6+. I love it but I carry it in my purse. I also have a blue-tooth ear bud and my car has Bluetooth, so I rarely talk directly on the phone. It is big,nbut the benefits of a mini tablet outweigh the effects of a big phone to me!

That's what I was going to say. I keep my phone in my pocket around the house, so I didn't want the plus. I knew that if I got the plus, I'd be using "where's my iphone" all the time because I'd keep leaving it on random surfaces. The regular 6 sticks out of my pocket, but it doesn't fall out, so it works for me. I will say that DH's 5S now feels like a miniature play phone. I find it hard to use and read on now, so I'm sure if I'd gotten the plus, I'd feel that way about the regular 6. It's amazing how quickly I grew accustomed to even the small increase in size of the 6.

I love my 6 but my husband got the 6+ and I don't find it so crazy awkward...the changing of the power button to the side is really the difference.  So basically which every on you get I think you will enjoy it :) (Hows that for noncommittal).  I am small and prefer 6 because I am a phone in the pocket/drop and break phones regularly kind of person.

Dh and I upgraded from our 4S to the 6 Plus this Christmas. I wasn't sure at first because it felt so ridiculously big. I love the analogy of a Hobbit with a iPhone. ;) But, I can *read* everything on it, even without my glasses. I don't mind if a kid steals the iPad because I can surf the web and FB without eye strain on the Plus. It's a bit awkward at first using it as an actual phone; it actually felt a little ostentatious the first few times. But now, I don't even notice until I set it down next to our old phones (we kept those to use as iPods for music and audio books). Man those were tiny. In all, I'm quite happy we went with the 6 Plus. Oh, and we went ahead and bought the 128 MB; I don't know if I could ever fill it up, but the camera is so insanely gorgeous, it gives me a ton of room for photos and videos.

Yes, the camera is fantastic!  And I now have room for more photos.  It's awesome.  Love the 6 plus.  It took only a tiny bit of adjustment, and I do not have super large hands or long fingers. 

I love the Plus. It was strange to use at first but I'm used to it now. I had to get a case for it because it was too easy to drop at first.

I use my phone for all kinds of things and I like to larger screen. If I carried my phone in my pocket, the Plus wouldn't be an option. It's too big. But since I always keep it in my purse when I'm out an bout it hasn't been a problem for me.

DH has a 6. He likes the Plus but because of the pocket thing it would never work for him.

I was sure I would get the 6 b/c I thought those mini-tablet phones were ridiculously big. BUT, when we looked at them, and I really thought about how I use my phone (original iphone 5), I decided on the plus b/c the bigger screen would make for a much better ereader and there were educational apps that would work better on the bigger screen. I got the 64 gb b/c I couldn't talk DH into the 128. I think the smallest is 32gb.

I am able to carry it in my pocket, but I am quite fluffy so perhaps my pockets are bigger.

I'm a back pocket phone girl........my 6+ fits in my back pockets. I carry it there all the time.

I have a 6+. I got it because my 5 died, and it was the only thing the Apple Store had in stock. DH and the kids need me to have my phone, so that's what DH got me.

I love it. If I have to talk on the phone, I use my earbuds. (Or the blue tooth in my car, if I'm in my car.) I'm not a phone talking kind of girl, though, so ymmv. I wa going to get an iPad, but now I don't need it. I do use it two-handed. I am also a purse carrying girl, and it fits nicely in my purse.

The downside is that I really can't run with it. It is too big for that. So I use one of my kids' iPods to run.

Two more thoughts.  First, I love a good camera so that's important.  Second, it just occurred to me that I'll have to get a fanny pack or something when I ride.  I hate fanny packs but then again my 5s is impossible to ride with too.

Well the camera is great on both. Your second point hits one of my big problems with the 6 plus. I really like to be able to put my phone in my pocket when I don't want to carry a bag or whatever. There is no way that thing is going in a pocket! Even the 6 is pretty big, although the added screen size up from the 5s does make it easier to read on. Still, portability is important!