Menu

The annual "what to put in teen boys' stockings?" thread

Ravin

This is for my stepsons. They are 18 and 16.

So far I've got:

a stand thingie for their devices (in different colors for each)

a smiley face stress ball

a toy car and some gliders (because why not, I'm giving these to the little kids too)

their favorite kind of candy in a movie theater box

Last year I gave them multi-tools and manicure sets, so I don't want to do that again.

I'm really at a loss. Their stockings will not be full. 

One of them is a high school graduate and works in a restaurant. They both enjoy computer/console gaming as a main hobby. 

Flarp (putty that makes fart sounds)

sunflower seeds

Lindor Truffles

beef jerky

guide to show how to tie fishing knots

a nipper (to cut fishing line)

I thought the boys would think this was cool but I didn't get it because it might be too tempting for my oldest to take it to school. 

http://www.amazon.com/The-Friendly-Swede-Carabiner-Survival/dp/B00CO2PETE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hi_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1EXJSAC8QB2QX4ZHKTGV

At a friend's recommendation, my teen is getting one of those portable phone charger things. The gadgets that will charge your phone when it looses power on the go. I don't know what they're called, but they seem useful, inexpensive, and stocking-worthy.

We just bought these for our kids today!

I'm getting Hobbes a glowing attachment that he can put onto his running shoe to make him more visible at night when he runs; Calvin is getting a necklace.  Both boys are getting scarves - Hobbes' is pink, because he never has anything to wear to pink day at school; Calvin's is a beautiful fine wool blue one.

L