Menu

Remember Gangnan Style? It just broke Youtube

Whereneverever

If you know who's who in Korean entertainment there are a lot of famous people in that video.  And it did help pave the way for Kpop to become an international thing.  Lots of good groups are coming out of Korea now and even older groups are getting more international attention.   

I was about to say this!  

A couple guys from Big Bang are in it.  :D  So of course, I KNOW these things!!!

Aren't they the old guys playing Baduk aka Go?

oh, that's funny!

what's also funny -- the first time I saw the video, I thought the old guys really were hadobuji (grandpas) ... until they were blown into the air by the explosion LOL. I think the gomushin should have tipped me off -- you see old guys sitting around all over Korea, but even if they're wearing hanbok, they usually have black leather Western shoes on, not the traditional rubber shoes ...

Wall Street Journal has several articles too -- most-watched video & YouTube upgrade

:D

ETA: Just watched the video again ... I think they aren't playing baduk, but Korean chess. All the pieces are white (ivory), and there is a large gamepiece (the king) near the rear on each side.