Menu

Large shoe sizes for boys

quark

Hoping for some good suggestions. My just turned 12yo boy wears size 12 right now (also, 11 or 13 depending on the brand). I am still able to find shoes in these sizes but choices lately have not been promising. He has at least another 5 years to keep growing (ack).

• Where do you look for larger-sized shoes/ sandals?
  • What brands do you like?
  • He is especially prone to ingrown toe nails and calluses/ corns.
  • He needs wide sizes too.

So definitely looking for good range of sizes and support. Thanks in advance!

ETA: he favors brands like Land's End for tween clothes (but I feel that their shoes are not as comfortable) so is there a Land's End clothes equivalent for larger men's shoes out there?

My husband wears a 15. I order online from zappos.com or Shoebuy.com, both websites have a decent selection of bigger sizes and free shipping both ways. Not all manufacturers make bigger sizes but the selection is much better now than it was even 10 years ago. It is rare that we find inexpensive brands in a 15 though.

His shoe size kept up with his age until he turned 16, his parents still talk about how expensive his shoes were in high school.

Hoping for some good suggestions. My just turned 12yo boy wears size 12 right now (also, 11 or 13 depending on the brand). I am still able to find shoes in these sizes but choices lately have not been promising. He has at least another 5 years to keep growing (ack).

• Where do you look for larger-sized shoes/ sandals?
  • What brands do you like?
  • He is especially prone to ingrown toe nails and calluses/ corns.
  • He needs wide sizes too.

So definitely looking for good range of sizes and support. Thanks in advance!

ETA: he favors brands like Land's End for tween clothes (but I feel that their shoes are not as comfortable) so is there a Land's End clothes equivalent for larger men's shoes out there?

Redwing. They specialize in boots. They do shoes too, and they routinely have quad E in the shop.

I don't know about others but my son's feet stopped growing long before his height stopped.  He's in a size 13 and has remained that size for the last 4 years even though he's grown about 9 inches in height in that time.  The ortho told us the feet grow before height too so hopefully you won't see that shoes size change too much more.

Mass marketers sometimes have shoes up to 15 sometimes not but I've always been able to find them at independent/local chain shoe stores.  We have at least 3 in our area and all have had plenty of choices (but my son is not picky about style at all which makes it easier)

My son is a 13 extra wide.  Surprisingly, we've been able to find shoes for him quite easily.  Sometimes the highest size a brand carries is 12, but often it's 13.  We've searched Zappos.com to get a general idea of what brands carry size 13.  I believe we've gotten him size 13 from LLBean and Lands End, too.