Menu

I think people are a little on edge or angry

bettyandbob

That's a drag. I was wondering to myself yesterday about the threads that go wonky; I wasn't on here last evening much, and felt I had missed something. But my wonderment was why do we pay attention to someone when they get contentious in print. Why do we not ignore more often or let it slide?

A little baby piece of bacon dancing in my face and not saying a word would be just as good of a comeback as a snide or snarky response.

How dare you imply I am on edge (she snarled angrily). ;-)

PS my photo is yawning, not preparing to bite your head off.

Hahahahaha!

DS and I ran into a woman walking a sweet looking Basset hound and DS asked the woman if he could pet it. The woman said no, bc she was skittish. That's cool, that's why we ask.

Then when DS and I were alone, I joked, "you could have lost an arm."

He didnt miss a beat and said back, "but I would have gained a friend!" :lol:

What the hell are you talking about?

Totally kidding. Yeah I don't know why that happens all too often.

:P

I've noticed that during the lead up to he holidays and the month of February we seem a little more tightly wound. I blame too much family togetherness.

I don't take it too personally any more, but I do remember one holiday where exy had the kids and I logged on to my "home on the internet" only to find grumpy people trashing me for being on the internet on a holiday.

Whatevs; I hope I didn't turn into them and say anything that hurt somebody here.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hive))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

That's a drag. I was wondering to myself yesterday about the threads that go wonky; I wasn't on here last evening much, and felt I had missed something. But my wonderment was why do we pay attention to someone when they get contentious in print. Why do we not ignore more often or let it slide?

A little baby piece of bacon dancing in my face and not saying a word would be just as good of a comeback as a snide or snarky response.

:iagree:   Especially about the dancing bacon. It's amazing the variety of meanings a piece of dancing bacon can convey.

I don't take it too personally any more, but I do remember one holiday where exy had the kids and I logged on to my "home on the internet" only to find grumpy people trashing me for being on the internet on a holiday.

Whatevs; I hope I didn't turn into them and say anything that hurt somebody here.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hive))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Aw, that makes me sad. :(

Wow, really?  Geesh.  How can someone trash you for being on the Internet without them being on the Internet too? 

I've noticed that during the lead up to he holidays and the month of February we seem a little more tightly wound. I blame too much family togetherness.

I think its financially stressful buying clothes and gifts prior to the holidays. February is more of income tax filing stress.

I think its financially stressful buying clothes and gifts prior to the holidays. February is more of income tax filing stress.

I am definitely feeling wound tight due to:

Finances of having to buy new seasonal clothes for growing kids

Finances of holiday commitments

Finances of education looming for 3 in college

College application process x2 with loopholes for testing accommodations to be jumped

Commitments to fall projects still in process, with holiday season looming

Stressful family circumstances and eggshell walking throughout the holidays

Stupid cold wet weather

Ten pounds that just refuse to drop off

A schedule that by necessity for this season allows no day of rest

My current job is becoming loathsome to me but I cannot afford to quit

Laundry and grocery shopping never end

Blah blah blah

Well I feel better after venting!

ETA and as for taxes, we lose two deductions this year 😔

Two of my neighbors have their Christmas lights ON!! I want to scream "You skipped Thanksgiving!!!" every time I drive by.

Yeah, well, it's really cold and really snowy.  And dark.  Really dark.

It's not about Christmas.  It's about surviving winter.

Ours are up, but my husband hasn't found the right extension cord so they're not actually ON.  But they will be.

Well, I am primarily grumpy because of menopause. :o I try not to snap any one here on the forum

Yea, me too; done with periods but not done with all the brain rewiring that hippie dippie rainbows and unicorns books tell me is supposed to eventually turn me into a cool old lady like Ruth Gordon and Bea Arthur.

I feel more like Calvin O'Keefe's mother in the Wrinkle in Time books, to be bluntly honest.

I probably need a board break even though I don't want one.

Yea, me too; done with periods but not done with all the brain rewiring that hippie dippie rainbows and unicorns books tell me is supposed to eventually turn me into a cool old lady like Ruth Gordon and Bea Arthur.

I feel more like Calvin O'Keefe's mother in the Wrinkle in Time books, to be bluntly honest.

I probably need a board break even though I don't want one.

I wish I could figure out how to make my icons work again because this made me ROTFL!

I'm not quite as "far along" as you are,but I have had the thought--oh no, I'm not going to be one of those strong, mature, grace-filled older ladies I always planned to be--I'm going to end up a bitter old crank!

Yeah. I've felt less like posting or replying lately - it kind of feels like threads are detouring rapidly, and it's almost like... people are looking for things to jump on. This used to be a safe place, where I felt like differences were respected, even if the specifics were disagreed about. Now I just cringe when I see a notification saying I've been quoted, because I just know I probably didn't type something as clearly as I should have, lol.

Me thinks I need a board break. Holidays, medications, and all that jive :P

Previous to 2013, I lurked here but would never dream of posting; it seemed like a very cliquey and less tolerant place. The one time I did dip my toe in, it got bitten off quite fast.

((((Sadie))))

Now I feel quite rotten for snapping at you in Another Thread.

When I first discovered the Board, I lurked for a long time, eventually made a few tentative posts, and finally started what I thought would be an innocuous Newbie's First Thread.... and a fight immediately broke out. A member started posting angrily that I was a pot-stirring religion-hater, announced she had reported me to the Moderators, and sneered at my terrified apology; and at last the thread was deleted.

Goodness. Ya'll are blaming holidays. We haven't gotten to Thanksgiving yet. Pace yourselves.

But most people are preparing this early. Even if you aren't putting up trees and lights, you're still making lists, buying gifts and stressing over the budget.