Menu

Cat shaming

texasmama

No, no, no. You have it wrong. It needs to be a people shaming photo with a sign that reads "I have been enslaved to the dietary whims & fancies of my overlord, the family cat."

('Cuz all us cat owners know that is really how it is!)

;-p

So true!

In my defense, she has an auto immune disorder which causes her to stop eating, and then I have to syringe feed her slurries.  She has been doing well for the past couple of months, but I have PTSD so when she turns her nose up at her quality, grain free canned food, I rush quickly to put some tuna on it.  (Don't tell her, but I also sneak lysine treats into her food to boost her immune system because she doesn't like the way they taste on their own....)

No, no, no. You have it wrong. It needs to be a people shaming photo with a sign that reads "I have been enslaved to the dietary whims & fancies of my overlord, the family cat."

('Cuz all us cat owners know that is really how it is!)

;-p

I think a photo of the owner with a sign that says, "Sometimes I forget to put tuna on top of the cat food before I serve it, and then pretend I don't understand why it's inedible," would also be appropriate.

Bwa ha ha!  Send her to my house and she'll learn her lesson.  Our cats eat everything that is put out for them...and even a few things that aren't (i.e. they will try to eat through the bag of cat food if given the opportunity).  If you don't eat at mealtime, your sibling cat will eat whatever you don't.

Same here - or they are welcome to catch their own if they want to go out to eat.  Mice, rats, chipmunks & squirrels are always an option.

We have to keep our cat food bags on top of the fridge.  It's next to the people cereal, so I suppose humans can take their choice too.

Awww, thanks.  She is a pretty girl.

I add tuna to every meal and mix it in.  She still (sometimes) will refuse unless there is tuna on top.  She has us well-trained.  She also cries and cries until I give her the food, and then when I do, she still sometimes turns up her nose.  She also cries on the other side of the bathroom door until I let her in.  Well okay then.  lol

You still try to close the bathroom door?  How many times have you failed that lesson?

I just warn guests.

My teenage sons are offended by the sight of me on a toilet.  ;)

(Sometimes the cat doesn't know I'm in there, and I get away with it! :D)

She also makes love to shoes.  Seriously.  I video-ed it once.  Impressive amounts of affection given to shoes.

My teenage sons are offended by the sight of me on a toilet. ;)

(Sometimes the cat doesn't know I'm in there, and I get away with it! :D)

She also makes love to shoes. Seriously. I video-ed it once. Impressive amounts of affection given to shoes.

We had a cat with a shoe obsession. She even had favorite shoes.

One of our current likes to bite a certain soft blanket while kneading it and mrawling. This usually happens at bedtime. It's sort of like watching a small child with a lovey settling down for a nap.