Menu

Fun educational things if you had a million dollars

ElizabethB

World travel.

I would not want to buy stuff. But I would like to take my kids to all the locations that play a role in our history studies, visit archeological sites, architectural landmarks, great museums. And if money is no problem, hire an expert who studies this period of history as a guide.

Actually, I would probably not even buy it then, but thought this world map poncho was fun. Please add your overpriced but really cool stuff!

http://www.amazon.com/Tyvek-World-Rain-Cape-Poncho/dp/B00GQJVIXM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408894908&sr=8-1&keywords=world+map+poncho

That *is* fun!  

I can't remember the name of it, but there was a really cool math building blocks/tower-thingy that I always wanted to get to use w/my kids.  It was too expensive for me to justify buying.  Maybe I'll get it for my grandkids!

I would so love to get a 3-D printer and have the money to spend using it to make things.

Just hand me any Science supply catalog along with some money you want spent -- I'll help you in a jiffy. Actually, unless it was a huge amount of money, it would take me a while to pare down my wish list. 

World travel.

I would not want to buy stuff. But I would like to take my kids to all the locations that play a role in our history studies, visit archeological sites, architectural landmarks, great museums. And if money is no problem, hire an expert who studies this period of history as a guide.

Exactly this. If the next chapter of SOTW is covering Egypt... tickets, please! Want to study sea turtles... to the beach!

Some art.  A Picasso or a Garfunckel.  

Or a green dress.  But not a real green dress, that's cruel.  

:leaving: I will be singing that song all day now.  The kids will thank you.   :)

For us - travel.  Lots of it.

A K car, a nice Reliant automobile.

I would use the money to pay for my kids to go to college wherever they wanted to go. 

I would hop in a motor home and show ds the country and/or the world.

The really funny thing is that this "if I won the lottery" rose coloured glasses fantasy is virtually indistinguishable, other than attitude, from my worst nightmare of becoming a homeless-schooling bag lady "trailer trash".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would buy this Saddleback bag, this Tom Bihn bag, renew passports, first go to Japan, and probably put off college until ds graduates to travel with him. Okay, we'd probably start with Colorado to see the mountains and I'd buy a Jeep. I haven't been on a vacation since 2009, my wanderlust is getting a bit antsy. 

I would want to live out of a suitcase for three months with the kids taking them to see Rome, Berlin, Copenhagen, Athens, Beijing, Tokyo, and Sydney. Then I would want to pick a fairly safe for Americans, developing nation and go live there for nine months absorbing the language and the culture or longer if the money was holding out!

DD would adore taking a year and living at a field station with working herpetologists-preferably in Africa or South America. A million dollars could easily fund a pretty solid research team to do a project and involve her in it, including a native-speaker nanny/translator for DD :).

I would so love to get a 3-D printer and have the money to spend using it to make things.

Oh, yes, that would be fun for the whole family! We don't have anything specific we want to make, it just sounds really cool.

DD would adore taking a year and living at a field station with working herpetologists-preferably in Africa or South America. A million dollars could easily fund a pretty solid research team to do a project and involve her in it, including a native-speaker nanny/translator for DD :).

My daughter likes sleeping in her own bed, but a cool lizard project or living near lizards again would be on her wish list. We miss our neighborhood Herps. They like toads and frogs, too, but loved their little fence lizard friends.

But I hear Iraq is so beautiful this time of year.

I would want to live out of a suitcase for three months with the kids taking them to see Rome, Berlin, Copenhagen, Athens, Beijing, Tokyo, and Sydney. Then I would want to pick a fairly safe for Americans, developing nation and go live there for nine months absorbing the language and the culture or longer if the money was holding out!