Menu

need a clever name for our morning basket/coffee time

First thing in the morning, I plan to have a "morning meeting" where we do devotions, calendar time, talk about the day, and read some poetry and stories together. I was calling it morning meeting, but I have a very rigid thinker, and they had a morning meeting, circle time, and calendar time when he was in K at the local school. So if our time wasn't exactly the same as theirs, we would have a meltdown. We are both going to have "coffee" although his will be milk or hot cocoa, which he is really excited about. So I think something like a coffee hour (but it's a half hour) might work. But I need some alliteration or beauty or cuteness or cleverness in the name of this time! So what should I call it?

Obviously not thinking very clearly or cleverly here… I got fixated on your heading for this post and could only think of the spoonerism "boffee casket" time….  :laugh:

We just called it "Together Time". A friend called it "Daily Dailies". Because we did all of our miscellaneous things at that time, we should have called it "Odds & Ends" -- or more realistically: "Flotsam & Jetsom" ;)

You could get all Victorian: Meeting of the Morning Minds Society- in which we elevate and order our souls and minds through the reading of the holy scriptures, recitation of the daily calendar, and enjoy fine poetry and prose over a warm beverage. ;)

Or Star Treky: Morning Mind Meld- Boldly going where no minds should go before coffee.

;)

No idea but I LOVE the suggestions so far and might well plagiarize one of them.

Oh and I am also guilty of answering tricky questions with "Uh, don't ask me that when I haven't had any hot drinks yet." (If anyone has seen the British television comedy series Outnumbered, the questions those kids ask are precisely the kind of questions my kids ask.)