Menu

To Fly. To Serve. To Lose *All* The Baggage.

Violet Crown

Dear British Airways. It was wonderful while it lasted; but now it's all over. How I loved your friendly cabin crew! Their polite attentions! Their adorable accents! The clean airplanes! The customer service that made me nostalgic for The Way It Used To Be in America!

And now I am on Day 3 back in the US, and my suitcases still at Terminal 5 in Heathrow. With thousands of other bags. And my iPad, so now I have to rev up the antique desktop. And Ogo the Penguin, whose absence makes Wee Girl cry a little every night at bedtime (yes, I know, but we were packing fast at the end).

And now, even celebrities are affected. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2675316/Coleen-Rooney-claims-luggage-ransacked-en-route-Las-Vegas.html  Oh, the humanity!

P.S. I will forgive everything if you will only return my suitcases.

Dear British Airways. ..

Hoping that you, your iPad, and Volume 2 of The Decameron will soon be reunited as will Ogo the Penguin and Wee Girl.

Regards,

Kareni

Praying for the swift recovery....and hopefully 'to-your-door-delivery'.

I don't think we have every had bags lost, but dh had about $1000 worth of clothing stolen out of his one time.  His suit, pants, shirt and ties were gone but his jeans and casual clothes were all left in the bag. The bag was zipped up and nothing looked amiss until dh noticed his bag was a lot lighter when he went to pick it up off the belt.   :0(  

You are living my travel nightmare.

Signed,

Relieved Yesterday to See Three Suitcases on the Luggage Carousel Post-Beijing-JFK Flight

How envious I am of you. The odd thing was, there were suitcases on the carousel, but they didn't belong to anyone on the flight; I assume they were some of the previous day's delayed bags.

Did you hear about the guy BA sent to Grenada instead of Granada . . . then refused to refund him?

Well sure; how different can they be, what with just one vowel off? (Sorry Negin.)

Hoping that you, your iPad, and Volume 2 of The Decameron will soon be reunited as will Ogo the Penguin and Wee Girl.

Regards,

Kareni

:) Fortunately, all the clothes were for Scottish weather, and won't be needed in central Texas for another seven months. Let's see if BA can manage that deadline.

Praying for the swift recovery....and hopefully 'to-your-door-delivery'.

I don't think we have every had bags lost, but dh had about $1000 worth of clothing stolen out of his one time.  His suit, pants, shirt and ties were gone but his jeans and casual clothes were all left in the bag. The bag was zipped up and nothing looked amiss until dh noticed his bag was a lot lighter when he went to pick it up off the belt.   :0(  

Yes, that sort of thing makes you lose your faith in human nature, doesn't it? How many bags do you suppose the thief has to rifle to find the right size?

:svengo:

Wishing you good luggage karma & a speedy reunion with Ogo!

At least it's unlikely thieves will have absconded with Ogo.

A very polite and quiet courier dropped off the suitcases apologetically at one o'clock this morning. Wee Girl woke to the sight of Ogo the Penguin, who assured her he had been making lots of friends with other misplaced stuffed animals at Heathrow Airport and so was not lonely. I am typing this on my iPad. I love you again, British Air!

Don't ever do it again.

You are back home, right?

We were stuck in Israel for a full week without our bags.  We had to shop the first day for at least one outfit for each of us so we could wash the other outfit in the sink each night and hang it up.

We have also been stuck in Nairobi for a few days without our bags.  

Any overseas travel we now try to carry at least one change of clothing in our carry on bags.  

You are back home, right?

We were stuck in Israel for a full week without our bags. We had to shop the first day for at least one outfit for each of us so we could wash the other outfit in the sink each night and hang it up.

We have also been stuck in Nairobi for a few days without our bags.

Any overseas travel we now try to carry at least one change of clothing in our carry on bags.

Yes, we had it better than many travelers, what with being at home and not needing any of the clothes we packed (it being 35F warmer at home). The problem with packing essentials in carryon was that it was just me and the two younger children, and I had to carry on a cello. So I had to limit it to the most essential essentials that I could carry for three people in one bag. Toothbrushes, medications, child-entertainment for the transatlantic flight, and my purse were pretty much what I could manage.

Israel and Nairobi sound like much harder going than our circumstances. My sympathies!

Did you hear about the guy BA sent to Grenada instead of Granada . . . then refused to refund him?

One letter off and lawsuit time  :lol:! Love it. Hope he wins that case. I simply could not believe that BA would not reroute or reimburse them  :cursing:. Rotten customer service. Never mind that their tickets were first-class.

We have a small family hotel and one morning, a newly-arrived tourist called us up and asked for directions to our hotel from the Catholic Church in town. After two rather long phone calls, it suddenly clicked with me that she was in Granada and not here in Grenada! Her travel agent had given her our phone number and details as a place to stay. Wow!

BA really stinks at times. I asked the lady at the desk in Gatwick about seating and she yelled at me. 

Virgin is nice, but their baggage limitations suck - we had to empty our entire carry-on before they would let us board. Their food is very good and the rest of their service is good. 

It's stories like this that remind me of why I refuse to check bags.  When we went to London and Belgium for ten days DH thought I was insane because I insisted we only take what we could carry on.  It might have been a slight hassle but at least we had our things!

I'm sorry, but I think that was totally the guy's fault in the end. Surely he received an email confirmation, saw the airport code, checked in for the flight, got a boarding pass, sat at the gate with all the other people not going to Spain, boarded a plane not going to Spain... 

It was the booking agent's fault for screwing it up and he should have received a new ticket. Before he got on the wrong plane.  

ETA: I do think they should refund him. But his stupidity plays into it, too. He shouldn't be able to sue.

Don't know what Ogo looks like exactly, but this penguin t-shirt made me laugh after hearing of his travel adventures:

http://www.othertees.com/

(You''ll have to look at the tee today as it's one of the daily t-shirt sites, so the designs will probably be different tomorrow.)

Very cute! Here is Ogo: http://www.stuffedark.com/images/penguinmorgan.jpg

Except quite a bit more, er, loved.

Very cute! Here is Ogo: http://www.stuffedark.com/images/penguinmorgan.jpg

Except quite a bit more, er, loved.

Yes, I'm very familiar with well loved lovies. My 4yo has Rainbow Fishy which we bought, um, adopted from the aquarium and my 21 month old has his Teddy who apparently thinks he has joined a nudist colony because we can't find his wee shorts and shirt.

I'm very happy your luggage arrived intact and with everything present and accounted for.

Yes, we had it better than many travelers, what with being at home and not needing any of the clothes we packed (it being 35F warmer at home). The problem with packing essentials in carryon was that it was just me and the two younger children, and I had to carry on a cello. So I had to limit it to the most essential essentials that I could carry for three people in one bag. Toothbrushes, medications, child-entertainment for the transatlantic flight, and my purse were pretty much what I could manage.

Israel and Nairobi sound like much harder going than our circumstances. My sympathies!

Well! It all sounds exhausting. I hope you've had some time to put your feet up with a nice cuppa and some...jaffa cakes :D

Dear British Airways. It was wonderful while it lasted; but now it's all over. How I loved your friendly cabin crew! Their polite attentions! Their adorable accents! The clean airplanes! The customer service that made me nostalgic for The Way It Used To Be in America!

And now I am on Day 3 back in the US, and my suitcases still at Terminal 5 in Heathrow. With thousands of other bags. And my iPad, so now I have to rev up the antique desktop. And Ogo the Penguin, whose absence makes Wee Girl cry a little every night at bedtime (yes, I know, but we were packing fast at the end).

And now, even celebrities are affected. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2675316/Coleen-Rooney-claims-luggage-ransacked-en-route-Las-Vegas.html  Oh, the humanity!

I hope they make it back to you!