Menu

Ok, how about this for a romper?

Slache

I do agree it looks poorly made. If the lace was the girls slip I don't think she would be lifting it up, and it looks like part is meant to show, but it definitely doesn't show evenly around. 

That's just a smidge underweight (by .2) BMI wise. That's actually a lot more than a lot of models weigh.

BMI isn't an accurate way to gauge weight though.

She looks healthy to me. 

Oh my...Romper Room. I used to watch when Miss Helena was the host...though not sure if it was the American or Australian version but it looked a little more updated then that clip lol. My favourite part was when they handed out the placemats for their drink of milk and you listen to the music while they drink it LOL....

As for the romper...I wore homemade ones when I was 15.... made by myself LOL. I shudder when I see the pics and nothing can entice me to wear them ever again.

I stopped all in ones when my kids were potty trained. Too much hassle for them to get up and down.

I had one of those terry cloth rompers too.  I wore it one time only and felt so... icky.  I did not have the body for it then or now.

The linked romper looks like lingerie to me but I am a judgmental old fogie.  I would not let my daughter wear it out and about.  

You showed good judgment.  I wish I would have had some of that... ;)

If you're a judgmental old fogie, so am I.  I wouldn't let my daughter wear it, either!

Honestly, the only point I ever saw to rompers was to keep small children from tearing off their diapers and running around half-naked. It just joins the long list of things considered "fashionable" that I don't get, like jumpsuits (basically a version of the romper). The word takes me back to the horrific romper/jumpsuits from the 90s, done in calico with a huge collar <shudder>.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sewing-Pattern-No-5353-Butterick-Ladies-Jumpsuit-Size-6-10-/171359915646?pt=AU_Sewing&hash=item27e5d8ce7e

Honestly, the only point I ever saw to rompers was to keep small children from tearing off their diapers and running around half-naked. It just joins the long list of things considered "fashionable" that I don't get, like jumpsuits (basically a version of the romper). The word takes me back to the horrific romper/jumpsuits from the 90s, done in calico with a huge collar <shudder>.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sewing-Pattern-No-5353-Butterick-Ladies-Jumpsuit-Size-6-10-/171359915646?pt=AU_Sewing&hash=item27e5d8ce7e

Oh my! I can't say I ever saw anyone wear such a thing. That is horrifying!

Yikes. [ETA: At the romper, not at you, Slache. ;) ]

When I think of rompers, I think of the terry cloth ones I ran around my neighborhood in during the late 70's or early 80's. The model is an adult, but I think I was about six when I wore mine. Kind of makes me wonder how it stayed up! :)

I wore these. I had one in pale pink and one in sea foam green. They had white trim, and I hated them because you always had to get naked to go to the bathroom.

The romper the OP linked to is really cute. I might buy it for a trip that we have going on later this summer.

I just really dislike people assuming skinny girls think it's nice to be called too thin. DD has always been thin. She's getting taller now too, but her weight isn't changing. She eats right but doesn't diet, she exercises a healthy amount. People make comments all the time about her weight because apparently that suddenly becomes acceptable when you're talking to a skinny person.

So, at the grocery store this afternoon I saw a teenage girl in a black romper similar to the one in the OP. I resisted the urge to giggle and snap a photo though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that teenage girl went home and told her family that she was at the grocery store this afternoon and she saw this crazy woman giggling to herself... :D

She doesn't look skeletal at all...

I agree.  She looks healthy enough to me.

I wore these. I had one in pale pink and one in sea foam green. They had white trim, and I hated them because you always had to get naked to go to the bathroom.

I think I had a light pink one and a yellow one, and maybe a kelly green one that had sleeves and a little zipper up the front.  At least the fabric was soft and comfortable.

The word takes me back to the horrific romper/jumpsuits from the 90s, done in calico with a huge collar <shudder>.

Those might just be the most hideous items of clothing I've ever seen.  (No offense to anyone who wore them.  I definitely had floral dresses with the big lace-trimmed collars.  And earlier than that, I wore a neon green tie, belt, and socks to school and thought I was hot stuff. :) )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that teenage girl went home and told her family that she was at the grocery store this afternoon and she saw this crazy woman giggling to herself... :D

She probably did!

You should have yelled out, "great romper!"

She'd probably wonder what in heck you were talking about (assuming you are in the US).

I admit that I googled trying to find a picture of the one she was wearing. It looked quite cute on her - solid black, mid-thigh shorts with short sleeves and a lattice type design across the top.  Cute but modest, and she couldn't have been more than 14 or 15.

I was at JCP yesterday and thought of you all when I saw this:

http://www.jcpenney.com/clearance/50-70%25-off/women/bisou-bisou-belted-ikat-romper/prod.jump?ppId=pp5004050597&searchTerm=womens+rompers&catId=SearchResults&colorizedImg=DP0605201417140105M.tif

:lol:

ETA:  Dh asked how one would put it on.  He thought it sounded like a recipe for disaster.  :D

I'm not a fan of rompers, but I love that the company posts the height and weight of the models along with what size they're wearing.  It seems helpful for figuring out what size to order.

That's actually what made me wonder about her weight. She weighs only 2 pounds more than I do but she's 7 inches taller (and I buy my clothing in the petite section). I just can't imagine that. And, she's wearing a small. Apparently I could never order clothing from that company if a small fits someone 7 inches taller than I am. That dress would be tea-length on me! ;)

I was at JCP yesterday and thought of you all when I saw this:

http://www.jcpenney.com/clearance/50-70%25-off/women/bisou-bisou-belted-ikat-romper/prod.jump?ppId=pp5004050597&searchTerm=womens+rompers&catId=SearchResults&colorizedImg=DP0605201417140105M.tif

:lol:

ETA: Dh asked how one would put it on. He thought it sounded like a recipe for disaster. :D

That's not a romper. It's a jumpsuit.

And a tragic one at that.

Epic fail on 2 counts for JC Penney. :D