Menu

Poll-If the election were held today

If the election was held today, who would you vote for?  

1. 1. If the election was held today, who would you vote for?

• Obama
    • McCain
    • Write in someone else
    • I wouldn't vote
    • Unsure

I'm also still on the fence!

I don't like either one of them, to be completely honest, and I also want to see who the running mates are and to be able to watch another debate -- I had a Redskins game and the Olympics on during the Saddleback church meeting, so in my house - politics lost! :D

Btw....here's a great quiz if you're looking to help on making a decision between Obama and McCain:

http://www.votehelp.org/

I voted "write in" but that's not the case -- the person I plan to vote for will be on the ballot representing one of the other parties (I won't have to write him in).

I waffled when you said "today" (if we voted *today*) because of Kathleen's post/video about Obama. I really hope he doesn't become our president. Some of my friends tell me, in relation to this, that a vote for anyone other than McCain is a vote for Obama; but as a Christian, I feel like my vote is valuable and I refuse to give it to someone I don't believe is the best candidate in the pool. I don't believe Senator McCain is the best candidate either. I don't believe it's my job to manipulate the election process by voting for one person so that another isn't elected. It's my job to vote for the best candidate (based on my opinion/understanding), and to let God handle the results.

I would have voted for Ron Paul had he made it thus far.

I voted "write in" but that's not the case -- the person I plan to vote for will be on the ballot representing one of the other parties (I won't have to write him in).

I waffled when you said "today" (if we voted *today*) because of Kathleen's post/video about Obama. I really hope he doesn't become our president. Some of my friends tell me, in relation to this, that a vote for anyone other than McCain is a vote for Obama; but as a Christian, I feel like my vote is valuable and I refuse to give it to someone I don't believe is the best candidate in the pool. I don't believe Senator McCain is the best candidate either. I don't believe it's my job to manipulate the election process by voting for one person so that another isn't elected. It's my job to vote for the best candidate (based on my opinion/understanding), and to let God handle the results.

I did the same thing, thinking the same thoughts...I have been planning on writing-in or voting 3rd party...but I am wavering...I voted Constitution Party instead of Bush twice, but the more I think about Obama the more I am scaring myself...:)

You need to look at the other info about Obama--that video is such a smear campaign, it is unbelievable! Completely untrue!

That video made me even more sure of my fight for Obama! That anyone would be disgusting enough to put up such false testimony, such disgusting testimony, against a candidate, so sickens me, I truly cannot stand it.

I thought McCain was as bad as Bush--now I see, in some ways, he is even worse!

If you read the article in the post I put up, you will see the falsehoods in the video. But one more that made me furious--that nurse telling about the baby she "held" for hours. I had a baby who was born at 22 weeks 5 days, who lived for a few minutes--I held her in my arms, watching her struggle for breath, watched her die. That was the most painful thing I have ever been through. That was also, according to the doctors, a miracle. Most babies born that early are stillborn or die right after, their lungs cannot take breath. That woman in the video saying the baby with down syndrome was born much earlier (and yes, a week or two is much earlier) and lived for HOURS??? No way! That one made me furious!

Plus, if a baby is born with a birth certificate that says it was born ALIVE , as she CLAIMED, it is illegal to allow them to be tossed away to die, in any state, no matter how the parent feels, or what it requests!

None of the details matter (I didn't watch the video); whether or not this video is truth or not, Obama's stance on abortion is not questioned -- he's avidly pro choice; no two ways about it. He also has some educational ideas that are just ... wrong ... and I can imagine there's a lot more that wouldn't fly as my opinions are formed based on my beliefs.

No matter -- my decision is to vote for the candidate who will best uphold the U.S. Constitution; neither McCain or Obama come through in this matter.

I have and that's why I wont be voting for him.

:iagree: It's interesting (downright scary, actually) to me to hear older citizens who have been able to process and understand multiple to many past presidencies, liken what they hear coming from Obama to what they heard from Jimmy Carter. Yikes!! :svengo:

:iagree: It's interesting (downright scary, actually) to me to hear older citizens who have been able to process and understand multiple to many past presidencies, liken what they hear coming from Obama to what they heard from Jimmy Carter. Yikes!! :svengo:

The first vote I cast was for Jimmy Carter.

What can I say? I was young and stupid. ;)

He seems like a fine gentleman, but was not a good president at all. (My ever so HUMBLE opinion, of course.)

There are things about McCain I'm not happy with, but if I had to decide today based on what I know about each candidate, I'd choose McCain.

The first vote I cast was for Jimmy Carter.

What can I say? I was young and stupid. ;)

He seems like a fine gentleman, but was not a good president at all. (My ever so HUMBLE opinion, of course.)

There are things about McCain I'm not happy with, but if I had to decide today based on what I know about each candidate, I'd choose McCain.

I remember when I was little telling my Ford-voting parents that they should vote for Carter because he was "cute". What can I say? I was 5.

Who would you vote for? I am hoping this comes through so people can vote anonymously.

If the election were today, I'd go hold my nose and vote for McCain. Then I'd come home and scrub myself down with Clorox and a Brillo Pad.

After that, I'd either brew a pot of decaf or drink a Mike's (duh) and watch the returns come in. We like to color our electoral map as we watch the coverage.

I remember when I was little telling my Ford-voting parents that they should vote for Carter because he was "cute". What can I say? I was 5.

I may have voted for him because he wore jeans from time to time. I distinctly remember a newspaper photo of him waving to a crowd while wearing denim. How young and unstuffy can a candidate look?

Sigh. Should eighteen year olds be allowed to vote? (j/k)

:D

You need to look at the other info about Obama--that video is such a smear campaign, it is unbelievable! Completely untrue!

That video made me even more sure of my fight for Obama! That anyone would be disgusting enough to put up such false testimony, such disgusting testimony, against a candidate, so sickens me, I truly cannot stand it.

If you read the article in the post I put up, you will see the falsehoods in the video. But one more that made me furious--that nurse telling about the baby she "held" for hours. I had a baby who was born at 22 weeks 5 days, who lived for a few minutes--I held her in my arms, watching her struggle for breath, watched her die. That was the most painful thing I have ever been through. That was also, according to the doctors, a miracle. Most babies born that early are stillborn or die right after, their lungs cannot take breath. That woman in the video saying the baby with down syndrome was born much earlier (and yes, a week or two is much earlier) and lived for HOURS??? No way! That one made me furious!

Plus, if a baby is born with a birth certificate that says it was born ALIVE , as she CLAIMED, it is illegal to allow them to be tossed away to die, in any state, no matter how the parent feels, or what it requests!

with all due respect, your link carries about as much credibility in conservative circles as WND does in liberal ones. There's a lot of details to analyse in this issue on what was going on at what specific time.

It's precisely his other positions that make me cringe. many conservatives felt Obama was as bad as Hillary, but I'm seeing that in some ways he's even worse.

I'll be writing in Ron Paul.

:iagree: I really wish Ron Paul were still in the running.

It was not a smear campaign. Obama now admits that he did indeed vote against a bill that would protect the lives of living babies born alive from failed abortion attempts. That video was telling the absolute truth.

http://www.nysun.com/national/obama-facing-attacks-from-all-sides-over-abortion/

I know, Kathleen, I know.

Something I think of when I see the theme "There's no one good to vote for; I hate this election; I just want to crawl under a rock; what difference can *I* make" is that it's not just about voting every four years in an election. There's so much more we can be involved in than just *that*. I personally have never been more actively involved in politics than I have since discovering the R3VOLUTION (Ron Paul's campaign) and I have learned so very much about politics, finances, history, and opportunity just from checking in on and reading the blog on his website daily. Now I know what to look for in a politician. Now I know what to say in my letters to the editor when something comes up that I want to respond to (and sound like I know what I'm talking about). Now I look for ways -- other than just voting -- that I can be involved (like becoming a delegate for the precinct we live in). I wish, wish, wish Ron Paul had made it -- had been the Republican nominee for president in this election. But it didn't happen and all along he said it wasn't about him -- it was about the movement, the R3VOLUTION. Revolutions aren't about a person; they're about principles and ideals.

I'm preachin' to the choir! :)