Menu

A subtle slam only you guys would get

Supertechmom

LOL! I had to take my oldest to the local school to sign up for an AP test. The coordinator is a lifelong teacher of high school, retired for many years, who now handles the AP program as a favor. The school considers themselves excellent as they are one of the few in the state that can boast perfect SAT scores, high honor society membership, and over all considered "the best".

While making small talk about the exam, how it runs, the day of testing, etc. she asked what Ap class he was going to take next year.(he's in11th grade) He responded with Ap English the language one. Her response - "oh yes, our 10th graders take that AP. Well any grade can take it but we schedule our 10th graders for it".

My son bless his heart has learned the passive aggressive woman very well from his grandma and responded. " oh yes but I was so busy with Ap Chemistry, biology and Cal Ab that I told my mom I really only had time for scientific papers and would prefer to take an easy course load my senior year so I could concentrate on getting my professional Oracle certification before I head off to college."

And he said it in a nice small talk friendly way! Just two passive aggressive people carrying on a bless their heart southern conversation. They just continued onto other topics with smiles. I was on the sidelines trying to not laugh. I thought he handled the little jab well.

LOL! I had to take my oldest to the local school to sign up for an AP test. The coordinator is a lifelong teacher of high school, retired for many years, who now handles the AP program as a favor. The school considers themselves excellent as they are one of the few in the state that can boast perfect SAT scores, high honor society membership, and over all considered "the best".

While making small talk about the exam, how it runs, the day of testing, etc. she asked what Ap class he was going to take next year.(he's in11th grade) He responded with Ap English the language one. Her response - "oh yes, our 10th graders take that AP. Well any grade can take it but we schedule our 10th graders for it".

My son bless his heart has learned the passive aggressive woman very well from his grandma and responded. " oh yes but I was so busy with Ap Chemistry, biology and Cal Ab that I told my mom I really only had time for scientific papers and would prefer to take an easy course load my senior year so I could concentrate on getting my professional Oracle certification before I head off to college."

And he said it in a nice small talk friendly way! Just two passive aggressive people carrying on a bless their heart southern conversation. They just continued onto other topics with smiles. I was on the sidelines trying to not laugh. I thought he handled the little jab well.

I'm cracking up at the bolded.  I need to remember that phrase.