Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Back to the daily grind with a few extra items thrown in

go to store for boxing day sales with my gift card

check video game store for ds10 to use his GC

send teens with their dad for the next week

take car in for oil change

load up all the presents into car and make the 2 hour drive home without any kids

unload car at home

pick up pup from sitter

go into job #1 for a couple hours to do some cleaning etc

clean livingroom

laundry

scoop litter box

relax now that all 4 kids are elsewhere

Find the humidifier, set it up.  It's 85 degrees and dry, dry, dry!  It does not feel like December.

Morning walk with dd and dog

try out gifted juicer

vacuum

visit with my mom

Start habits for new year early:

2 pitchers of water daily (fruit/veggie infused)

exercise dvd with dd

vitamins

Why don't you Americans have Boxing Day?

Yes, why DON'T we have Boxing Day?  We really, really should, but in America, it would be just another reason to have a sale.  Sigh.

Tomorrow….um…what am I going to do?  I want to do NOTHING, but that's not going to happen.  :(

B'fast, lunch, dinner

1 load of laundry

Finish cleaning up the detritus (I adore that word) of Christmas presents

Find places to put Christmas presents (it was rather ridiculous, thanks to my parents-Han Solo had so many gift, he had to take a break from opening them, because he was overwhelmed)

Clean kitchen 

Try not to eat too much candy (FAIL epically) 

Sweep LR, DR, entry and kitchen

Nap

Watch a movie 

Nap again?

Brush Bella

Color my hair? 

Hope you feel better, Jean. Get some rest!

As I write I'm surrounded by the results of our revelries from this evening's gathering...dishes, glasses, various crackers, nuts etc packaged up in baggies, pots and pans. Obviously lethargy won out and I'll be tackling all this first thing in the morning. Ugh, don't love being greeted by last night's energy but I don't have any right now to work with so it's off to bed.

Other than cleaning up the kitchen and straightening the house I've got nothing planned other than a long hill hike, various games and communing with dc and dh. And I'm really looking forward to trying out my new french press coffee maker among other things :D

And now to bed...

Yes - since last Friday. My throat feels like jagged glass every time I swallow. It is bad. I thought it was getting better this morning then it started to go south again. I get to take drugs (prescribed for pain) now.

Jean, I hope you are getting better soon!

I had heard about Boxing Day, but wasn't really sure what it was. Apparently, we also have a kind of Boxing Day, we call it 'the second day of Christmas' :D. Anyway, I'm not going to do much. We visited family yesterday, all shops are closed, it's raining. The kids are quarreling, I'm feeling a bit bleh.

Plans for today:

-sleep late

-read a book

-Greek & Latin vocab

-study Latin

-review Greek grammar

-clean living room

-laundry

-treadmill

-read a book

ETA: Had a fight with dh. Because he decided that he wanted to rearrange everything upstairs (continuation from swapping the girls' bedrooms on Tuesday), and 'obviously' when he decides to get busy on the second day of Christmas, everybody who doesn't get busy is a lazy bum. Right :001_rolleyes: .

So I cleaned the livingroom, the kitchen, the bathroom, folded 3 loads of laundry, decluttered 3 bookcases and....because I was spotted reading a book...I'm still lazy. :banghead:

Habits:

-get enough steps (fitbit)

-vit D & multi & fish oil

-magnesium

-NO SUGAR - 2 marsh mellows

Sorry you are sick Jean!  

I never did make the kids clean up the living room after opening gifts…….so…...

Clean living room

Do a math assignment (don't shoot me, he is really behind!)

Reading for an hour (everyone.  Again, we are behind!)

Mail off bills to pay and money owed

Order a belt for dad from Amazon

Set up new iPad while sitting at desk. Use iPad while lying in bed.

Maybe go for a walk.

Check mail, bills ( should take 10-15 minutes).

Meals will be leftovers.

Dc have really helped this Christmas. I want to keep thanking them to reinforce this, lol.

Watch videos on neat French site, appendre la patisserie, and think about making an Epiphany cake.

Oh, laundry :-(

Feel better, Jean.

Jean, hope you feel better soon...sore throats stink! 

I just got the kids all packed up, and they are on the way home.   Dh just left for work and the kids and the other kids, and I are vegging for an hour.   Then we will --

1. clean the basement, wash towels and sheets down there
  2.  vacuum, dust and mop the first floor
  3. clean the third floor--bathrooms, dust and vacuum
  4. laundry--we haven't done any since Monday  :scared:
  5. collapse on the sofa and rest...the grand-babies were super busy and I feel like I've been running around like a crazy women for days.  :w00t:

Lets see

- finish hospital bag

- dishes

- laundry- still not enough for a load :)

- help dd organize her new toys

- tidy up rest of house- dh can do it now, he let dd destroy the living room while I was gone

- go to town to return movies and grab a few things from Walmart- done

- start taking down Christmas stuff

- dinner- dh is making

- bedtime routine

What ever else I decide I want to do :)

Don't we get a pass the day after Christmas? After shopping, wrapping, cooking, and cleaning leading up to yesterday, then cooking and dishes on and off all yesterday, I announced to the family that I was taking today off. Completely. Except for walking the dog. Dh wisely nodded.

Today is one of our "do whatever you want" days :party:

So far I have reread a favorite book, ate stollen for bfast, ate some Chex mix for lunch, talked with dh, investigated Netflix on my ipad, and am now charging my fitbit.

To do(because I want to):

--exercise, just elliptical

--update my goodreads account

--read some more

--make burger rolls for dinner (dh will grill at any temperature :lol:)

Dh has done some work, talked to some clients, investigated Netflix too (I gave him a subscription as a gift :D), exercised, and is now watching "Christmas Vacation" on the other end of the couch from me :)

Dd13 slept the latest of all of us, read some, and is building her latest Lego winter village set. I expect the family room floor to be converted to Legoville within a few hours.

Dd18 ran on the treadmill and has been on her computer since then.

Ds20 had a Skype interview for a research position at the university to start in February. He got the job (it was basically a formality---the prof approached him before finals to offer the position). He is getting ready for a LAN party with friends---they all downloaded the same game yesterday.

Such a relaxed day! Wishing the same to all of you :grouphug:

Well I have finally emerged and definitely tackled the kitchen that greeted me this morning in a riot of wine glasses, roasting pans, cutlery, cheese boards and knives, plates, serving dishes. Dh went out early with the dog and dc was happily entertained with various gifts from yesterday so I lay in bed and read and took my sweet time getting up.

I used the promise of my new french press as a motivator to get all those dishes done, kitchen cleaned etc since I knew I couldn't fully enjoy it surrounded by the mess. And now I sit with delicious coffee at hand, some dark chocolate--the perfect breakfast IMO-- the sun streaming in the kitchen window and a mostly clean (some pots are still soaking) kitchen. On the agenda for today a hill hike and if I can swing it a hair cut. Otherwise it's a lot of reading and hanging out with family.

Doctor done - rapid strep test was negative.  He took a culture but I won't hear about that for a couple of days.  In the meantime he says to rest and drink lots.  He did say that I have a low grade fever which explains while I feel like something you would get on your shoe. Oh well.

Kids did pet care while I was gone

Beds are made.

Human care done.

They picked up the living room like I asked them to and put away their gifts.

They folded and put away laundry like I asked them to.  

I have such good kids.  :001_wub:

Kids did pet care while I was gone

Beds are made.

Human care done.

They picked up the living room like I asked them to and put away their gifts.

They folded and put away laundry like I asked them to.  

I have such good kids.  :001_wub:

That is a blessing within itself.  I hope you feel better soon, Jean!  :grouphug:

The furniture polish I used set off a bout of asthma.  Oh, joy!

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but it is so hot we had to turn on the a/c.  In December... :cursing:

And if you're looking for motivation, there is a Hoarders marathon on Discovery Fit and Health channel.  Can anyone clean enough while watching these?

Got my haircut in today! Came back energized by my 'beautifying' :smilielol5: and tackled the playroom by sorting out the items to go to Goodwill as we change over the function of this room into more of a family room. Tea and chocolate at hand currently but soon I'm heading out for a hill hike.

On the agenda tonight, family game of 'Seven Wonders'--a new game that appeared under the tree, fire in the fireplace and general togetherness.

Jean, glad to hear your kids are taking care of mama somewhat :biggrinjester: -----> this smilie is not relevant other than to bring you a laugh :D

Morning:

Sort papers into piles according to what I have to do with them (don't know, file, pay, review)

Personal and business accounting

Load and run dw

Eat breakfast, take meds, & feed Aidan (dog)

Afternoon:

Nap 2 hrs

Make dinner

Clean kitchen

Evening:

Serve/eat/clean up after dinner

Report carpet cleaner (caught fire) to CPSC

Call Mom & sister

Laundry 1

Laundry 2

Meds again

We definitely need Boxing Day ! I spent the entire day in the kitchen ( with the exception of lunch with my friend and all our kids at McDonald's) baking for DH's family Christmas tomorrow. And I'm still not done! Thank goodness I have leftover soup to serve for dinner because I just don't feel like cooking.

Jean, I hope you feel better soon!