Menu

Where can I find good quality peppermint bark at this late point?

ILiveInFlipFlops

Every year I make this one:

http://www.marthastewart.com/339680/peppermint-bark

It's super easy...and can be done in less than 30 min.  The trick is to get the good white chocolate  and NOT white chocolate chips (they will.not.melt.)

That does sound easy. I already have a bowl for melting chocolate from my annual GF brownie recipe. This sounds easier than that.

Thanks everyone. If I had the time, I'd make it, but at this point I'm in a full-on sprint until family arrives on Christmas Eve. And it needs to be in a gift-y package. I will save the recipe for next year though--my kids love the stuff, and I can control the ingredients (youngest reacts to food colorants).

I'll look at HomeGoods (I always forget about HomeGoods!) and Kohls tomorrow, and if they don't have it, DH can make a short detour to a Trader Joe's on his way home from work. The Ghirardelli are my backup plan if all else should fail, but I'd love the get the real thing if I can.

Thank you!

It probably says a lot about our station in life.....we like the stuff from Costco. :blush:

Actually, I don't even like white chocolate and I love the stuff from Costco! It's more the size and the packaging that are the turnoffs. This is a gift from one of my kids to another, which means it will be in my house. And when it's in the house, guess who eats the majority of it?  :glare: I don't really want the kids having that much of it either, so I'm looking for a smaller package and something she can wrap up easily.