Menu

Best sheets under $100

Lawana

Costco's Kirkland sheet sets are awesome. They're all cotton. I'm not sure if they're sateen or percale weave, but they don't have the weird slippery feeling that cheap sateen sheets do. I prefer these to much more expensive sheets. They're $79.99 for a king set? I think? I wish they sold extra pillowcases though.

I worked in a high end bedding store for awhile. 

sateen is a weave and has nothing to do with the fiber content.  it's a softer weave, but not as durable. A long staple cotton (supima or egyptian) will be smoother than short staple (those have more ends with which to poke you.)

I've been very happy with the set I bought at costco. don't remember the thread count but it was high, pretty sure they were supima, finished edges, very durable, and smooth and soft.  for about $80 for king.  liked them better than a set of sheets for which I paid alot more elsewhere.  (I recently bought a higher end set from land's end - on clearance - no.  only for looks.)

bed bath & beyond also has good sheets.  I would stay away from places like sears, target, or walmart

I worked in a high end bedding store for awhile. 

sateen is a weave and has nothing to do with the fiber content.  it's a softer weave, but not as durable. A long staple cotton (supima or egyptian) will be smoother than short staple (those have more ends with which to poke you.)

I've been very happy with the set I bought at costco. don't remember the thread count but it was high, pretty sure they were supima, finished edges, very durable, and smooth and soft.  for about $80 for king.  liked them better than a set of sheets for which I paid alot more elsewhere.  (I recently bought a higher end set from land's end - on clearance - no.  only for looks.)

bed bath & beyond also has good sheets.  I would stay away from places like sears, target, or walmart

I had horrible results from sheets purchased at WM....but I was desperated and couldn't  afford 'good' sheets....so I bought a $29 set (queen) from Wal-Mart and was pleasantly surprised!  They have really held up.  Thread count is 250....they are crisp which is what I like.  I don't like silky.

In case you found something you liked at Lands End - they're having a 40% off that ends today -

*How to get 40% off Regular Priced + 20% off Reduced & Clearance:
Simply click any link in this e-mail and the Promotion Code and PIN will automatically be applied to your order. Or at checkout‚ manually enter the Promotion Code GLITTER and PIN 4020

Hey I didn't know it so I learned something today. :)

Sorry, feeling a bit touchy I guess. And in case you want to know more, sateen weave is where the horizontal (weft) yarns are floated over a number (4 or 7 or 11, for example) of the vertical (warp) yarns during the weaving process. The result is a shiny, smooth, soft fabric, but with poor abrasion resistance. That is why sateen sheets tend to wear out very quickly. Also, the extremely high thread count sheets are sateen weave, since there are so relatively few weaving intersections:)

Not sure if you can get them in the US, but I LOVE Actil First Line sheets. They are hotel quality, all cotton. I love how thick they are. I just got 2 pairs on a very good special last week, a king and queen set for $139 together.

Would you say these sheets are "crisp" as opposed to soft? Someone else used "crisp" to describe Walmart sheets, and I realized that is a good way to describe my sheet preference. These billion-thread count sheets drive me batty. I want a sheet that fights back.

Guest inoubliable

The IKEA Gaspa sheets are the best sheets I have ever owned. They are $40 for the king set.

I have had many sets of much, much more expensive sheets but these are by FAR the best.

This. We just bought a set for our bed and they are fantastic. Really. I could go on and on but then I'd look like a lunatic.

I want a sheet that fights back.

This just made me laugh and laugh and laugh. It might be the wine. But, thank you.

Would you say these sheets are "crisp" as opposed to soft? Someone else used "crisp" to describe Walmart sheets, and I realized that is a good way to describe my sheet preference. These billion-thread count sheets drive me batty. I want a sheet that fights back.

Definitely not soft, nor yet as crisp as some I've seen.  I'd probably say heavy and firm. Just feels like old fashioned quality! 

I think I feel the same as you about the high thread count sheets!  I like your wording!  :)

Are you thinking of a percale weave? I think they are quite crisp and were popular when I was growing up.

I have never purchased them so can't speak of their quality but Garnet Hill uses "crisp" in the definition of their percale sheets. (FYI: They have a larger selection of prints in percale than what I linked to below.)

http://www.garnethill.com/hemstitched-supima-c2ae-percale-bedding/bedding-bath/sheets/percale-sheets/221425