Menu

our house SOLD, moving next week

Jeannie in NJ

after 2 1/2 years on the market our shore house sold.  We are moving just off shore to a much less expensive but bigger and newer house.  Our new house was the model house for a new development so it has all the upgrades and landscaping already there.  It is 2 stories, 2700 sq feet plus 450 sq ft of the basement is finished (2 rooms) with the rest of the large basement being storage .  Attached 2 car garage, gas fireplace, 2 large bay windows, 4 bedrooms of which the large master bedroom we will be turning into a large tv room and dh and I will be using one of the normal sized bedrooms.  Hardwoods floors downstairs, carpet upstairs, granite countertops, stainless steel dishwasher and stove (we have to buy our own fridge).  It is the first new house that dh and I have even lived in even in our childhoods we both had always lived in old houses.

A couple of quirky things in the house:

The space cut out for the fridge is an odd size, took us a long time to find a decent sized fridge that will fit there.

TINY laundry room. smaller than the powder room, strange.  We had to order a stacked washer and dryer to fit in there.  I had considered putting them in the basement but the laundry room is already hooked up with gas for the dryer, etc and we were given a quote of $2,000 to put gas hookup and whatever for the water if we wanted it in basement .  I was able to find a large enough capacity stacked washer and dryer so we will be fine with it in the tiny room.

Lastly, but most important for me, the back yard is a wooded lot with no one behind us.

We will be just down the street from my adult nephew , his wife and dc.  We were at their house yesterday and walked to our new house just to enjoy the neighborhood.   The rest of dh

s extended family is within a couple of miles.  I love all of dh's family and we see them almost weekly so living much closer to them is great.

We move in a week.