Menu

Help us name our puppy. See pics.

My husband surprised us all by coming home with a 12 wk old puppy 5 days ago. We picked a name for her, Piper but the kids can not get is straight.... I think it is to close to puppy??? I dunno...

So we've decided we need to pick a different name. The confusion is maddening! I'm open to anything at this point just something the kids will like and I can live with. Though something clever and fun would be nice.

We have a kitty named Charlotte and that's all the kiddos can come up with. Obviously that isn't an option.

Here she is, a Chihuahua/Miniature Pincher Mix aka Marshmallow Breed:

dog1.jpg

dog2.jpg

dog3.jpg

My dd says Minnie (as in Mouse)--I say Fern (because of Charlotte's Web--would have been Wilbur if it had been a boy), or Daisy or Rosie (we have a puppy, well, she is almost 3, named Daisy :) ).

That is so funny I thought Fern too!! My dh isn't to keen on it though..:glare:

Ohhhh, she's adorable!

Cappuccino--call her Cappi or Pucci (poochy)

Minchi--for miniature & Chihuahua

Tinker--We had a dog that looked like that when I was 6 and 7 and her name was Tinker

Chichi--for Chihuahua

I also like the suggestions above: Snickers and Bella

eek! she's so cute!

next time I get a girl dog, I want to name her Geraldine. I'm not sure yours looks like a Geraldine, though.

I'm with PP that she looks like a Roxie.

Pearl? I kind of envision an old lady name for her. Opal? Ruby? I guess what I mean is that I envision a precious gem name for her.

If you are an outdoorsy family - how 'bout a name that resembles nature, like Ruddy as in Ruddy Duck which is brown and black w/some white markings. We named our dog Meadow b/c her fur resembled a meadow we drove past while taking her home in November in MN:D

Or if you family is into music - we know a family whose dog is name Puccini (Pooch for short) and, yes, she is a female dog, too.

If you're into sports.... ?

Just brainstorming here!

If you are an outdoorsy family - how 'bout a name that resembles nature, like Ruddy as in Ruddy Duck which is brown and black w/some white markings. We named our dog Meadow b/c her fur resembled a meadow we drove past while taking her home in November in MN:D

Or if you family is into music - we know a family whose dog is name Puccini (Pooch for short) and, yes, she is a female dog, too.

If you're into sports.... ?

Just brainstorming here!

We are all of the above to some degree. I don't think there is any one area that we are over the top.

My boys are huge Star Wars fans. They got all 6 movies for Christmas and can now tell you anything you want to know about SW. Just this morning I was asking my 8yo to empty the dishwasher and he replied that he was watching SW. I said, "Luke you have watched those movies like 100 times. You aren't going to miss anything!" He said, "No I've only watched this one like 10 times. I've only watched each one like 10 times, so that would be 60." My response was...:glare:

They also like LOTR but they don't have free access to those b/c they are intense and long...

Since she is a Chihuahua we have thought of some Spanish names like; Chica, Luna, Salsa... But we haven't come across a name that is just so HER yet.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and keep the ideas coming :bigear:! I want to name this dog so we can get on with training her.

The kids like Cookie....

eek! she's so cute!

next time I get a girl dog, I want to name her Geraldine. I'm not sure yours looks like a Geraldine, though.

Interesting. My Mom's name is Geraldine and she has hated it her whole life! Her brother and sister got nice, short, one and 2 sylable names and she got stuck with Geraldine.

eek! she's so cute!

Interesting. My Mom's name is Geraldine and she has hated it her whole life! Her brother and sister got nice, short, one and 2 sylable names and she got stuck with Geraldine.

yeah, I wouldn't name a baby Geraldine :). It's probably not the best name for a dog, either, since it has so many syllables. But I watched a documentary about Townes Van Zandt a couple of years ago, and his dog's name was Geraldine, and I've been keeping it in my head ever since. I think it would be best for some kind of hound or hunting dog, though.

I think she looks like a Lucy.

Around here, the locals all name their girls dogs Sadie. (?)

Definitely a Lucy. Call her Lu or Luce for short. Cute!

Cookie in Spanish is galleta, or galletita (you could call her Lleta?, and puppy is cachorra (maybe chorra?).

My dd adores LOTR, and we have a dog named Frodo--as she says, he has HUGE eyes, and is a bit wimpy at times (she feels Frodo, in the movies, whines and moans a lot, but she adores him because he is so cute--and she is 9!!! And has loved him since she was 7!!! I'm in trouble!!).