Menu

No Dough Pizza recipe

Luanne

DH and I are LC and the kids are GF. I have made the cauliflower crust and it is good but I wanted it to be easier.

Now I just make what we call cheese crust/cheese "bread".

I make individual servings in the toaster oven. I line the pan with non-stick foil or parchment paper (ESSENTIAL), sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the pan, sprinkle on garlic salt, then cook it at about 425 until it starts getting brown around the edges. You can then take it out and put sauce and toppings on and put it back in. Or, we just dip it in pizza sauce, or just eat it with our meal like cheese bread.

There was a No Dough Pizza recipe posted by my cousin on facebook. I can hardly wait to try it. I haven't had pizza in two years... since finding out that gluten was making me ill.

Could you share the recipe, pretty please! (I don't do facebook)

Could you share the recipe, pretty please! (I don't do facebook)

No Dough Pizza

For when you absolutely want pizza but not all the carbs

Crust

1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature

2 eggs

1/4 tsp ground black pepper

1 tsp garlic powder

1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Topping

1/2 cup pizza sauce

1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers

Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spay a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

OP, did you know that there are GF crusts available or are you trying to go low-carb, too? If you just want GF, you might try to find either Udi's or Glutino frozen crusts or the Namaste Pizza Crust mix. We like the taste of the mix best, but it takes a lot longer because you have to cook the crust first before adding toppings. I prefer to flip it over before adding toppings, too, as it's too soft otherwise. You can make a full-size pizza with it, though. The frozen crusts are ready to add the toppings. We prefer the taste of Glutino, but they are tiny, like personal pizzas. Udi's is small, about 3 slices worth of a large pizza. There may be other brands available, too.

I'd forget about attempting a copy of wheat crust and go another way. You can make portabello mushroom pizzas, or put your toppings on eggplant or sliced baked potatoes. I almost never like the replacement foods, but lots of things that don't have gluten in the would be good with pizza toppings. Maybe even some very thin chicken cutlets?

Alexigail reminded me of what my cousin did with the riced cauliflower crust. She said she flipped the crust to bake both sides; much crispier and more like a pizza crust. I still need to try that. When I made it, it was soggy in the middle and was just not quite right.

I'd forget about attempting a copy of wheat crust and go another way. You can make portabello mushroom pizzas, or put your toppings on eggplant or sliced baked potatoes. I almost never like the replacement foods,

I agree. Though I love the cauliflower crust 'pizza', the first time I tasted it, I learned that it is NOT pizza. Not even a sort-of pizza. It's really tasty, but don't eat it expecting a pizza substitute.

If you are okay with corn, we use corn tortillas (two, with a layer of cheese in between) as pizza crusts. We eat way too much "pizza" because it's very easy for us to make individual servings like that on days where I'm too sick to make a full dinner (they should call it 4:30pm Sickness, not Morning Sickness).

The boys actually just had those for lunch, and I made a Mexican pizza with refried beans in the "crust" and enchilada sauce on top.

If you are okay with corn, we use corn tortillas (two, with a layer of cheese in between) as pizza crusts. We eat way too much "pizza" because it's very easy for us to make individual servings like that on days where I'm too sick to make a full dinner (they should call it 4:30pm Sickness, not Morning Sickness).

Yes, we like these a lot, too. We get fantastic results by baking the corn tortillas on a baking stone lined with parchment paper. We load up the uncooked tortillas with all kinds of toppings on the parchment paper, and then slide the paper directly onto a preheated stone and bake at 400 for about 12 minutes or so, keeping an eye out for burning. Thanks for the idea about using two layers w/cheese between. I'm going to try that next time!

Yes, we like these a lot, too. We get fantastic results by baking the corn tortillas on a baking stone lined with parchment paper. We load up the uncooked tortillas with all kinds of toppings on the parchment paper, and then slide the paper directly onto a preheated stone and bake at 400 for about 12 minutes or so, keeping an eye out for burning. Thanks for the idea about using two layers w/cheese between. I'm going to try that next time!

When I make them, I pre-bake the tortillas a little first before filling/topping, so the cheese melts well between the layers. Otherwise I get soggy pizza and shredded cheese flying out of the sides.

I'd forget about attempting a copy of wheat crust and go another way. You can make portabello mushroom pizzas, or put your toppings on eggplant or sliced baked potatoes. I almost never like the replacement foods, but lots of things that don't have gluten in the would be good with pizza toppings. Maybe even some very thin chicken cutlets?

:iagree:

Though the time I did do a Breadfruit crust it was pretty darn close, just a tad sweet. If anyone tries to do embark on such a crazy/obscure path, I'd suggest adding a pinch of salt to it and a tad olive oil.

The breadfruit puree even was capable of hand-patting into my pizza pan. It was so weird.

Oh, but it was definitely NOT low-carb.