Menu

Sunday What's for Dinner?

LucyStoner

I am mostly starting this thread to brag on my husband for making dinner tonight. I am so happy to NOT be cooking. He is making the carnitas from Smitten Kitchen with steamed corn tortillas and the simple and traditional taco fixings to go with. The house smells so good. My husband is not known as a great cook but he has this recipe down.

Also started this thread because I need some new ideas for Sunday dinner. Preferably stuff that is guest worthy but also accommodates my general desire to do very little on Sundays.

I posted this by mistake in the Education forum so am reposting here. Sorry for the duplicate.

Out most of today at a St. Patrick's Day party for the kids, and it ran later than anticipated. I'm currently weighing the options of take-out pizza or French toast.

It was ds18s dinner of choice:

Pork Chops: 1" thick, pan seared and then baked with 4S smoky seasoning from Penzys Spices

Mashed Potatoes with cream gravy

Fresh green beans with bacon, onion and basalmic vinegrette cooked in the cast iron skillet...mmmmmm

Homemade chunky applesauce with cranberries and ginger

He was in heaven! It was a delicious dinner if I do say so myself. :0)

I had a bottle of Alaskan Amber beer, dh had wine.

Nice to hear there are all those husbands out their cooking!

We had a hamburger rice hotdish and salad.

I've been working on a menu to take me from today through the end of April. Anyone else working on it? Just pulled out a stack of recipes I've saved to try. Will have to fit some of those in tomorrow!

Grilled steak, salad, and country fried potatoes (we wanted baked potatoes but didn't want to wait). No kids tonight. At Grandma's until tomorrow so a nice, quite evening.

DH marinated and grilled steak as well as made homemade ranch dressing. I made potatoes and we both made the salad.