Menu

Can someone tell me what my son has?

mom2agang

My son is 6 years old. His eyes have dark circles underneath and sunken in. We have been to the Drs and the ENT. The ENT did a full alergy screening and it came up nothing. He gets at least 10 hrs of sleep a night and is very active( His speech therapist thinks he might have ADHD) The kid always looks pale with his eyes sunken in sickly and all the Drs say, "IDK!" Anybody ever have something kinda like this or have a guess what it might be?

Dairy intolerance.

When I stopped giving my dd dairy, her dark circles almost completely went away.

BTW, she tested negative for a dairy allergy. : ) And she does not have lactose issues. We went the lactose free direction, but it did no good. Elimination of all dairy was the only thing that cleared up all of her symptoms.

"Allergic shiners", sinus issues, or just plain, old, genetics. Some children have naturally dark circles under their eyes. It's more noticeable in the winter when the skin is more pale. Keep a food diary to see if certain foods may make the circles seem darker, and also note other symptoms. Did they do a RAST test? That's not always accurate. Or he could be allergic to something they didn't test for.

I know it's not a dairy allergy. We only drink Almond. I use spelt 95% of the time. I don't use eggs I use flax. So I have the main foods covered. He has had this for years. He has had his tonsils and adnoids removed when they put tubes in his ears. They did blood work and testing on his arms. I look at him and know something is wrong. I wish it was written across his head.

I know it's not a dairy allergy. We only drink Almond. I use spelt 95% of the time. I don't use eggs I use flax. So I have the main foods covered. He has had this for years. He has had his tonsils and adnoids removed when they put tubes in his ears. They did blood work and testing on his arms. I look at him and know something is wrong. I wish it was written across his head.

Spelt has gluten in it. Maybe he is gluten sensitive. Hope you get answers! :grouphug:

Try finding a good nutritionist/herbalist. A good one will look at things/issues that regular practitioner would not. If you're in Minnesota, send me a message and I will let you know about the one that we see, who has always had good working recomendations for our whole family.

It might be writtten on his head. Look at his nose. Is there a crease from pushing it up? If so, consider an allergy, such as mold.

My dd has seasonal allergies every single season of the year (over 60 allergens tested positive) as well as mold. And she has never fussed with her nose at all even though the inside of her nose was red and irritated looking. So that may be an indicator, but not always.

To the original poster, you said you only drink almond milk but have all other dairy sources been cut out? At this point, if he is already dairy free, then vitamin deficiency would be my next guess.

My dd gets no dairy because of an allergy, and has tree nut allergies. She is also a picky eater. She was so low on her B-1 that she was feeling very ill and the turnaround in her once we started pumping her with vitamins was remarkable. Daily vitamin supplements are a must with a restricted diet.

We are part of the genetic group of dark circles (hence why I asked if this is something new). Myself, my mom, my little sister, and all 4 of my kids sport dark circles every day of the year. It has something to do with the blood vessels being closer to the surface than normal. That said, I have 3 that get allergy eyes on top of that, but that presents as puffy dark circles with red rims and not just their normal looking ones.