Menu

Do you listen to music a lot of the time?

TravelingChris

I do. We have cable tv and most of the time if it is on, it is on a music channel. Often I listed to our local Public radio station between 9 and 2 when they have classical music. Other times I listen to music on my computer. If I am driving, I normally have a music station on too.

All of which makes me feel incredibly grateful for living in this time period, when I do get to listen to music all day long. After all, 200 years ago, you didn't get that pleasure unless you were very rich or you or your family or workers made the music themselves.

I love to have music on throughout the day, or as much as I can get away with in between teaching. I can't usually play even classical during school time because one ds is pretty sensitive auditorially. But otherwise, we like having music playing. I grew up where music was always on; as well, music tends to feed my soul, so I tend to crave it. I agree, I am very grateful to be in a time and place where I can listen pretty much whenever I wish.

No, I really, truly like quiet. I listen to music for a few hours a week (kids practicing instruments plus a little of my own choosing), but internally my peaceful sound is quiet. I like the sound of wind through leaves or the sounds of the waves. I even love the sound of the wind over tall grass. I just love quiet.