Menu

Well, we killed it.

Parrothead

Dh flipped the switch, but I put the lid on badly. In my defense dh thought it was on correctly.

Anyone willing to give a recommendation for a food processor? I'd like to keep it under$150. I'd also like one that is a step up from the basic model we just killed.

Just to complicate matters, I'll note that since my processor died, I've been able to use the Ninja blender for almost everything the processor used to do. The only exception I can think of is making thin slices of vegetables, but a knife (or a cheap mandoline) can do that.

Sorry about your machine.

I am all ears. I need one too. Mandy why do u hate yours?

It is HORRIBLY loud, There are too many parts, imo and they do not wash well in the dishwasher even though it states dishwasher safe. The parts all have weird crevices that no matter how you place it in the dishwasher, water pools in. You have to hand wash it every single time. And, the lid was SO thin, I dropped it hard on the counter (maybe a one foot or two foot drop from upper cabinet and the lid cracked :/

The only pro I will say it has, is the cord can be wrapped underneath and be stored without it in the way.

eta: I must state that I am lazy and wash too many dishes as is. So having to handwash every single part is a huge con for my household. It may not be for others.

Loved, loved, loved our kitchen aid. The bowl broke after being mishandled multiple times by dc, and wished I could find another since the base/motor still work great after 14 yrs. No luck finding one so far. I have seen them reasonably priced at Costco, so I may just get one. Hope you find a good one. Every cook/chef on tv uses a cuisinart, that might be worth researching.

I have this one in white: http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KFP720OB-7-Cup-Processor-3-Cup/dp/B0007SXINQ/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1357269704&sr=8-26&keywords=kitchenaid+food+processor

Single best piece of kitchen equipment I ever bought. This processor is a work horse. I make pasta dough and pie dough in it regularly in addition to all the grinding, chopping, cheese grating I have it do. The only thing it doesn't do well is puree soups- so those I do in the blender instead. I've had mine for seven years now, and it still works like the day I ordered it from Amazon.

What did you kill? I thought they only turned on when the lid was on correctly. I have a cuisinart, but it was a gift about 14 years ago so I have no idea what they're worth.

The plastic thingy attached to the metal whatchacallit. Then the bowl cracks, leaving one with a useless motor base.

Turns out there is a way it will run briefly when the lid is not properly set on the bowl. Leave it to us (me) to find out how. I just wish it hadn't happened now.

I have this one in white: http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KFP720OB-7-Cup-Processor-3-Cup/dp/B0007SXINQ/ref=sr_1_26?ie=UTF8&qid=1357269704&sr=8-26&keywords=kitchenaid+food+processor

Single best piece of kitchen equipment I ever bought. This processor is a work horse. I make pasta dough and pie dough in it regularly in addition to all the grinding, chopping, cheese grating I have it do. The only thing it doesn't do well is puree soups- so those I do in the blender instead. I've had mine for seven years now, and it still works like the day I ordered it from Amazon.

I

I need one with a bigger capacity.

klmama has a good point, you might start there. I love, love, love my cuisinart. I've had mine 20 yrs. Dd "killed" it once, didn't work at all. Spent about 3 weeks looking for the best price on a replacement, decided to try it one more time (just to say goodbye), and it worked again. That was about 2years ago. They're tough!

klmama has a good point, you might start there. I love, love, love my cuisinart. I've had mine 20 yrs. Dd "killed" it once, didn't work at all. Spent about 3 weeks looking for the best price on a replacement, decided to try it one more time (just to say goodbye), and it worked again. That was about 2years ago. They're tough!

We need tough!

I have a kitchen-aid one that's a work horse. I've had it for 10 + years with no problems. No sure what we paid as it's been awhile.

That's what I've got. I bought it a while ago for about $160 refurbished. I got a set of blades, a mini bowl with a small blade for chopping and a storage bin for the accessories.