Menu

Can I share? Handmade Christmas presents!

WiseOwlKnits

Any chance you could include a tutorial for us craft-handicap folks?

Super easy to make. Washers from Home Depot, a stamping set from Harbor Freight, a Sharpie, a diaper wipe, and a good solid hammer are all you need.

Take the washer, put the metal stamp where you want, and bang the heck out of it a few times. Once you're done, color over it with a Sharpie to fill in the indentions. Quickly wipe the rest of it off with a diaper wipe. Add a string and a bead if you want and you're done!

(If you need/want a more detailed tutorial, I can do a step by step one.

Super easy to make. Washers from Home Depot, a stamping set from Harbor Freight, a Sharpie, a diaper wipe, and a good solid hammer are all you need.

Take the washer, put the metal stamp where you want, and bang the heck out of it a few times. Once you're done, color over it with a Sharpie to fill in the indentions. Quickly wipe the rest of it off with a diaper wipe. Add a string and a bead if you want and you're done!

(If you need/want a more detailed tutorial, I can do a step by step one.

SO, SO COOL! My kids are clamoring to do this.

Which size stamping set did you use?

1. Those are sooooo cool.

2. I had meant to make some of these someday ... I saw something like this last year, wanted to do it, and totally forgot about it. Aaargh! But, thanks for bringing it up again. I really like the beads and the yarn. I like the color and texture with the washers.

3. What do the magnets look like?

4. Oh, great ... like I don't have enough errands to run tomorrow, now I need to go to Harbor Freight. But first I have to find a coupon. Sheesh, thanks a lot!

1. Those are sooooo cool.

2. I had meant to make some of these someday ... I saw something like this last year, wanted to do it, and totally forgot about it. Aaargh! But, thanks for bringing it up again. I really like the beads and the yarn. I like the color and texture with the washers.

3. What do the magnets look like?

4. Oh, great ... like I don't have enough errands to run tomorrow, now I need to go to Harbor Freight. But first I have to find a coupon. Sheesh, thanks a lot!

Sorry, I should have linked this to see the magnets too. Here's a link to the post on my blog. Sorry I'm inspiring you to make something awesome too. :D