Menu

Cousin's Baby is Coming - Only 27 Weeks

BigMamaBird

Praying.

As an encouragement - a friend adopted a baby born at 27 weeks. He left the hospital on monitors (after a stay in the NICU) and needed eye surgery but today, at 9 years old, you'd never know of his early beginnings. He is a very sweet, bright young boy whose only issue, to date, is a pair of eye glasses.

Believing the best for your cousin, her dh and their new little one.

Another story to encourage you...Simon was born at 28 weeks, weighing 2lbs even. He left the hospital 32 days later and has never had to go back. He is now 8 years old and you could never tell. He is totally healthy, smart, and funny. Dh calls him the ladies' man because he is such a charmer.

I will be praying for your cousin and Little Wren.

My cousin had a 26 weeker and almost 28 weeker. Both amazing, healthy, beautiful.......thriving!!

I remember being so mad at God about it because she tried so hard to get pregnant......and I thought there would not be a chance of survival....my how things have changed in the last decade or so........there is so, so much hope.

May His peace and wisdom be with you and your family.

e

Praying. Not up to date on my statistics but 12 years ago a 28 week was what I was aiming for. The closer I got to that goal the better. Actually had a party in my hospital room when we hit 28 weeks. At that time 28 weeks was NICU but stable. Will pray that is true for 27 now.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and especially for the encouraging stories!

Little Wren made her appearance last night and we don't have a lot of information at this point. But the one picture that was posted to FB showed her without a breathing tube and VERY pink! So hopefully that's good news. I just can't get over how tiny she is!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and especially for the encouraging stories!

Little Wren made her appearance last night and we don't have a lot of information at this point. But the one picture that was posted to FB showed her without a breathing tube and VERY pink! So hopefully that's good news. I just can't get over how tiny she is!

Good news! How much did she weigh?

Hope sweet little Wren continues to do well! She's so tiny!!

Another positive here: DD was born at 29 weeks (well dr said 28 w 6 d) and is great. We had a bit of a rocky NICU stay for 30 of the 45 days but since coming home she's been totally fine.

I can't get over how tiny she is! DD was small at 3 lbs 1 oz and then dropping to 2 lbs 9 oz. I can't imagine over a lb smaller!!!