Menu

For those who don't like all the wasted white space here...

I discovered earlier that if you hover/click to the far right of the signature in someones post, two (tiny writing) options pop up. You can stop seeing that posters signature OR you can stop seeing everyones signature.

And for what it is worth, the forums are fast for me when most of you are asleep lol. So maybe once the guys finish things out back, the speed will return :)

I'm wondering, sorry to hijack here, if there is a way to change the white background. It's very cloying!

The speed has improved recently.

The only thing I've been able to do is dim the brightness on my computer while I'm checking in here. It's really starting to bother me though.

So, if I click on the option to ignore everyone's signature, how would I turn it back on again later if I wanted to?

Thanks!

I think you can just go to your control panel and then under the Ignore tab you can turn signatures back on.

I really dislike large pictures in signatures (left a board over it - just too cluttery), so I LOVE the ability to turn ones that bug me off :)

I really do like the info about kids and materials used in signatures, so I like having them. I plan to just turn off individual ones that bug me :)

I dislike the glaring whiteness here so much that I am probably not going to be here much anymore :-( my over-50-year-old eyes can't take it.

:iagree:

Sorry to see you go. I really dislike the new forums. I know and appreciate that the moderators have worked very hard, but I still don't like it at all.

On my Windows computer I was able to go to control panel - ease of access center - and turned on something that reduced the glare for me. I don't know what the something was called. I just followed the directions that are designed to make the computer easier for those with vision problems. Everything is the same color but it dampened the brightness somehow.

I'm not sure if its the white post background that bothers me visually or the lack of contrast with the rest of the board. I'm actually thinking that replacing the pale blue/gray around the edges with something more defining would help. The top of the board where there is color and more black text rather than gray is much friendlier to my eyes.

Actually, it does seem less white today. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.