Menu

Once Upon A Time

In risk of opening more worms...How did they ever put Rumple in prison? Also why was he in prison?

Fairy magic built it and put a spell on the quill. Cinderella owed him her first born, when she lied and told him it was twins she sparked a new deal. When he signed the contract it put him under a spell.

But now thinking about it, what happened to Cinderella's prince? He disappeared near the well right after. In Storybrook, after Ashly had the baby the father (prince) was with her. But where was he in FTL?

And where is Katherine? As Midas daughter she was in love with someone and Charming freeded him. Why aren't those two helping out?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumple wanted to be caught and put in prison. He's been orchestrating the WHOLE THING. He turned Regina bad (when he told Dr. Frankenstein: I've made my monster, now you make yours) and he twisted her so much that he knew she'd take the curse that he created (with a Love Loophole in it) and use it against everyone.

For whatever reason, he needed to be in that cell. Maybe so that Snow could come to him easily and give him Emma's name. It wasn't in the show, but the writers of the show say that Rumple was under the curse same as everyone else, with the false memories, until Emma showed up. Remember how the show made a big deal of Rumplestiltskin saying Emma's name when he met her in the first episode? And remember how they made a big deal that Rumple neeeeeded to know Snow's daughter's name? He also built that loophole into the curse--once Emma showed up/or he heard her name, that was when the memory part of the spell was broken for him.

What was in the box? The picture of Rumple's knife that August had. If you remember in the episode when August tried to convince Rumple that he (August) was Bae, he left a picture of Rumple's knife on his desk for Rumple to find. He probably showed Bae the same picture. It wouldn't have to be the actual knife for Bae to still understand.

Edited by Garga

What was in the box? The picture of Rumple's knife that August had. If you remember in the episode when August tried to convince Rumple that he (August) was Bae, he left a picture of Rumple's knife on his desk for Rumple to find. He probably showed Bae the same picture. It wouldn't have to be the actual knife for Bae to still understand.

If that is true don't you think Neal would have asked about his father? I would think if Neal is Bae he would have wanted to know about Rumple.

I don't think Neal is just an average person but I'm not convinced he is Bae either.

If that is true don't you think Neal would have asked about his father? I would think if Neal is Bae he would have wanted to know about Rumple.

I don't think Neal is just an average person but I'm not convinced he is Bae either.

I agree with this. While I think it would be neat to make Gold Henry's other grandfather, I'm not convinced Neal is Bae. I like the Lost Boy theory better at this point. It just seems stronger.

Argh! The kids and I were waiting wi baited breath for Henry to tell Emma what her code name should be, but all he said was, "I don't think you're ready for it yet."

And everyone in the living room shouts, "ARGH!! TELL HER!"

:lol:

ETA: and why did Gold want her baby?

I watched all of Season 1 on netflix and then watched all of Season 2 thus far on my computer to get caught up. :D

Personally I don't think that Neal is Baelfire. But he is someone who believes in magic pretty easily and was not scared away from Emma and the job she had to do to break a curse. Will be neat to watch it all unfold for him. But I want him to stay away from Emma...something about him, though he loves her, rubs me the wrong way.

But what I have loved is that even with the evil characters there are elements of love and goodness in them...even Rumple and Regina... and in the good characters there are bad elements like Emma being a willing thief.

It creates so much more depth that I find myself liking the "bad guys" as much as the "good guys" and that makes for an interesting show!

Argh! The kids and I were waiting wi baited breath for Henry to tell Emma what her code name should be, but all he said was, "I don't think you're ready for it yet."

And everyone in the living room shouts, "ARGH!! TELL HER!"

:lol:

ETA: and why did Gold want her baby?

I always thought the code name was suppose to be "Mom," but she wasn't ready to be called that yet.

So I confess one thing has me stumped. Early in Season 1, we see a flashback to Charming and Snow's wedding, and it's a banquet in the palace, with Charming's royal "father" all happy and gently ribbing Snow about grandchildren.

Then we see all the enmity between them, and see their quickie lakeside wedding officiated by Lancelot ... what gives? Was that first flashback a false one?

So I confess one thing has me stumped. Early in Season 1, we see a flashback to Charming and Snow's wedding, and it's a banquet in the palace, with Charming's royal "father" all happy and gently ribbing Snow about grandchildren.

Then we see all the enmity between them, and see their quickie lakeside wedding officiated by Lancelot ... what gives? Was that first flashback a false one?

Wasn't that someone else's wedding? I'm confused too.

Now I'm curious. I vaguely remember a wedding scene (or at least a happy one with them center stage)

Can someone please answer this. :)

I think you're thinking of Cinderella's wedding. Clearly Charming and Snow were already married and back on the throne of their kingdom. I don't think they actually said the two princes were brothers. They were from different kingdoms, and the actor for the king/Cinderella's prince's dad is different from the Charming-"dad."

I think you're thinking of Cinderella's wedding. Clearly Charming and Snow were already married and back on the throne of their kingdom. I don't think they actually said the two princes were brothers. They were from different kingdoms, and the actor for the king/Cinderella's prince's dad is different from the Charming-"dad."

No, I remembered Snow and Charming's wedding, too--very first episode:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot_(Once_Upon_a_Time)

No, I remembered Snow and Charming's wedding, too--very first episode:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot_(Once_Upon_a_Time)

I know they had a wedding. I just don't think it was the scene eloquacious was thinking of. I just re-watched the wedding scene in the pilot and there was no father there talking about grandchildren. There is one, however, in episode 4, The Price of Gold at 26:15 of the episode.

I thought the same thing too and was confused until I rewatched Season 1. It's Cinderella's wedding you're thinking of. Snow & Charming are there, and Charming dances with Cinderella a bit, so I think that's where I got muddled.

I know they had a wedding. I just don't think it was the scene eloquacious was thinking of. I just re-watched the wedding scene in the pilot and there was no father there talking about grandchildren. There is one, however, in episode 4, The Price of Gold at 26:15 of the episode.

ah, okay. I'm still wondering how they're going to explain the two weddings, though. I guess just something boring like no one was at the first one so everyone wanted a big fancy one.

ah, okay. I'm still wondering how they're going to explain the two weddings, though. I guess just something boring like no one was at the first one so everyone wanted a big fancy one.

:confused::001_huh:

Um no. Two different weddings for two different couples at two different castles. Snow and Charming was attending the wedding of Cinderella.

At Cinderella's wedding her new fil ribbed her about grandkids.

Snow and Charming had a big fancy wedding (crashed by Evil Queen) ...this we saw in the first show. I think it was the second wedding - the "official" one for all to see - done after the quickie at the dried up lake for his dying mom. Which of course we learned about later in the show. I think they still needed/wanted the big shindig so everyone would see they really were married (and to get the Fairytale version of swag, right? ;-) )

I did post a thread about the new episode 11/11 but I think you guys like this thread more :D Any thoughts on Sunday? I liked seeing the red room and was pretty thrilled to see Rumple being kind to Henry.

Maybe it is the cynic in me, but I just can't believe that Rumple was just being nice. There has to be some reason that benefits him for him to have given the necklace to Henry (IMHO). I was thinking that if he gave the necklace to Henry, and Henry had it with him in the burning room, then conceivably the burning room dream could be a way to pass things between worlds. Henry could take something with him into his "dream", give it to Aurora, and then Aurora would have it when she wakes in FTL. His fit with the theory that it could benefit gold because having Emma and Snow back might be connected to the way to lift the barrier around Storybrook (Emma can leave, right?) and he could the. To and search for Bae?

Yes, there were actually three weddings. The first at the lake, the second was the big "official" one where the Evil Queen comes in and Charming launches his sword, the third was Cinderella's and her prince. (Different kingdom)

But that leads to an interesting question. Technically there are at least two princes running around Storybrook. Charming, and Cinderella's. And there are two kings, Cinderella's FIL and King George, adopted father of David's twin in FTL. So really, does that make Charming really in charge?

But here's the big thing I thought of the other night. If King George is THE king, and he is out there trying to kill David/Charming, who is Charming and Snow prince and princess over?

The king of the kingdom is King George. The prince is Charming's dead twin. I'm guessing everyone knows he's dead otherwise George is suddenly trying to hunt down his beloved son for some strange reason. But even still, he is still the king, so he outranks the prince. Both dead prince and replacement prince.

Snow was a princess. Her father was a king. Regina was the queen of the land. So either she still controls the land as the royal queen as well as evil queen, (or the land was lost to another kingdom, but I don't see EQ letting that happen.) Either way, who is Snow princess over? Even if Regina wasn't trying to kill her in FTL, Regina would still be in power.

So Snow and Charming and the prince and princess of the land, but who's land? And how did they get in charge?

So Snow and Charming and the prince and princess of the land, but who's land? And how did they get in charge?

The people of Storybrooke have to be from many kingdoms.

Back in the Enchanted Forest, besides King George's kingdom and Cinderella's prince's, there's King Midas' kingdom, and Prince Phillip came from somewhere, and of course the kingdom that Snow White's father ruled over. There have to be lots of little kingdoms in the Enchanted Forest, just like in Europe in the Middle Ages, when these stories came from. You could go over the next hill and be in another kingdom.

Is Midas still alive, and is he in Storybrooke? We know Phillip didn't come over, but what about his subjects?

In last weekends epi, charming tells the king that he deposed him once and the people rallied behind him and he will do it again.

And in the first epi, charming tells snow not to be baited because she has lost and no longer rules over them.

In a later epi, Regina goes back to her home, which seems to be exiled to somewhere, and tells her father who is trying to persuade her to just leave and start over, yhat she already feels like she is nothinannie that she lost her hold on e kingdom.

So I'm thinking that charming and snow rule over the kingdom he was supposed to become prince over AND that her father held. Quite the merger there.

The people of Storybrooke have to be from many kingdoms.

Back in the Enchanted Forest, besides King George's kingdom and Cinderella's prince's, there's King Midas' kingdom, and Prince Phillip came from somewhere, and of course the kingdom that Snow White's father ruled over. There have to be lots of little kingdoms in the Enchanted Forest, just like in Europe in the Middle Ages, when these stories came from. You could go over the next hill and be in another kingdom.

Is Midas still alive, and is he in Storybrooke? We know Phillip didn't come over, but what about his subjects?

:iagree:

Yes, there were actually three weddings. The first at the lake, the second was the big "official" one where the Evil Queen comes in and Charming launches his sword, the third was Cinderella's and her prince. (Different kingdom)

But that leads to an interesting question. Technically there are at least two princes running around Storybrook. Charming, and Cinderella's. And there are two kings, Cinderella's FIL and King George, adopted father of David's twin in FTL. So really, does that make Charming really in charge?

But here's the big thing I thought of the other night. If King George is THE king, and he is out there trying to kill David/Charming, who is Charming and Snow prince and princess over?

The king of the kingdom is King George. The prince is Charming's dead twin. I'm guessing everyone knows he's dead otherwise George is suddenly trying to hunt down his beloved son for some strange reason. But even still, he is still the king, so he outranks the prince. Both dead prince and replacement prince.

Snow was a princess. Her father was a king. Regina was the queen of the land. So either she still controls the land as the royal queen as well as evil queen, (or the land was lost to another kingdom, but I don't see EQ letting that happen.) Either way, who is Snow princess over? Even if Regina wasn't trying to kill her in FTL, Regina would still be in power.

Didja ever see the mini series Tenth Kingdom? There are a lot of small, separate kingdoms (and queendoms?) in Fairy Tale Land. Think Europe several hundred years ago - lots of small kingdoms, principalities, etc.

Until I get proven wrong I am going to believe that Rumple has a soft spot for Henry :D I know I will be proven wrong. So what about the queen of hearts being Cora??

Yup - he misses his little boy, and Henry is a little boy.... if Henry turns out to be a grandson, Rumple will be thrilled.

Didja ever see the mini series Tenth Kingdom? There are a lot of small, separate kingdoms (and queendoms?) in Fairy Tale Land. Think Europe several hundred years ago - lots of small kingdoms, principalities, etc.

We have that miniseries and even the book.

I love the opening scene for that movie with New York City transforming into a fairy land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcKgcF-FU9M

For those who might want something to hold them over till the next Once Upon a Time you should check it out:

Trailer for The Tenth Kingdom

In last weekends epi, charming tells the king that he deposed him once and the people rallied behind him and he will do it again.

And in the first epi, charming tells snow not to be baited because she has lost and no longer rules over them.

In a later epi, Regina goes back to her home, which seems to be exiled to somewhere, and tells her father who is trying to persuade her to just leave and start over, yhat she already feels like she is nothinannie that she lost her hold on e kingdom.

So I'm thinking that charming and snow rule over the kingdom he was supposed to become prince over AND that her father held. Quite the merger there.

See now this makes sense. The deposing of George and all. I must have missed that.

I know there are many kingdoms. What didn't make sense was where Snow and Charming got their's from. I didn't see them doing a hostil takeover of the second kingdom to the right. But tossing George off his throne I can see.

Yup - he misses his little boy, and Henry is a little boy.... if Henry turns out to be a grandson, Rumple will be thrilled.

Yeah but ... Being loved by rumple doesn't seem to ever do those people any good. A power obsessed coward remember?

See now this makes sense. The deposing of George and all. I must have missed that.

I know there are many kingdoms. What didn't make sense was where Snow and Charming got their's from. I didn't see them doing a hostil takeover of the second kingdom to the right. But tossing George off his throne I can see.

Well you only sorta missed it. Charming did the whole talking smack thing in the diner when former king George confronts him for the first time in our land.

However, we have not actually SEEN an epi flashback that shows what charming and snow did in FTL between getting back together and getting married.

Not only was Rumple a doting father, he also is the one who somehow brought Henry TO Regina . . . i wonder if there is a reason . . . we havent seen that yet, right?

No we never saw that, I can only guess it was to give Emma a tie to Storybrooke. I do wonder how any of that happened though since he couldn't leave! I really hope that Henrys dad is not Bae. Wetpaint that spoiler site is calling Cora the Queen of Hearts and the dream a portal. I was thinking well duh, the hive had that called quite a while back buddy

So I was toying with the idea of dropping Once Upon a Time because I never seem to be able to find the time to watch. In fact, I have have two unwatched episodes on my DVR right now. However, I am home sick in an empty house for a few hours and this thread has me want to catch up! Time to get comfi on the couch!