Menu

Anyone going to give a Schultüte

Pongo

A Schultüte, it's a school cone. My kids LOVED it last year and I think I started a tradition (I'm not German tho.) Do you have or done any "back to school" stuff?

For more information on the Schultüte.

I use a thick piece of wallpaper paper and then I lay several sheets of tissue paper around the opening (glued). After is dries I fill it and hold the tissue paper at the top and pop a bow on it.

I lived in Germany. Typically, these are given to the children who are just entering school. Children who have been in school already do not receive one.

But hey, we are homeschoolers and can give one every year if we want to. They are cute and can be so much fun to fill up. For anyone who has not seen one, think of a cone that is large, it is filled up with erasers, pencils, crayons, snacks, etc. They are so cute!

Have fun making one !

Joyfully,

Mary

We've already started our school year, but my dd may be going to a cottage school part-time in the fall. If she does, I plan to get her a new backpack with lots of goodies. I remember the little boy in a family I rented a room from in Hamburg getting his Schultüte - very sweet!

I lived in Germany. Typically, these are given to the children who are just entering school. Children who have been in school already do not receive one.

But hey, we are homeschoolers and can give one every year if we want to. They are cute and can be so much fun to fill up. For anyone who has not seen one, think of a cone that is large, it is filled up with erasers, pencils, crayons, snacks, etc. They are so cute!

Have fun making one !

Joyfully,

Mary

They are too cute to give just once ;) . I also add for my girls hair bows and chocolate, and for my ds toss in a few hot wheels and bubble gum. I think of it as a combination of a Christmas stocking and the beginning of the school year gift. I also take the whole gang out to lunch, thats more of a gift for me I should say :001_smile:

A Schultüte, it's a school cone. My kids LOVED it last year and I think I started a tradition (I'm not German tho.) Do you have or done any "back to school" stuff?

For more information on the Schultüte.

I use a thick piece of wallpaper paper and then I lay several sheets of tissue paper around the opening (glued). After is dries I fill it and hold the tissue paper at the top and pop a bow on it.

Oh, wow, this brings back memories! I remember ds (who will turn 19 next month!) on his first day of German school. I made one out of blue poster board, rolled, stapled, and trimmed into a cone shape. I pasted on the front a lion's head made from yellow/gold cardstock with fringe around it for a mane, filled it with goodies, and tied tissue paper shut at the top. Sweet!

I should do the same for little dd next month when she starts K. And maybe for dd (15) when she goes back to school since she missed out on the tradition altogether. She'd get a kick out of it, I think.

I've never heard of this, but we do get a pile of new school goodies. (Nothing like passing on the office supply stuff fetish to the next generation. :D )

This is a really cute presentation though, and I'll do it this year. We've already started our next year, but we're moving late in the summer, so we'll stop and get moved, then set up our very first school room. This will be a good way to celebrate (re)starting school in a new school room.

I had completely forgotten about Shultüten! I remember getting one on my first day of 1st grade in Germany. My little sister got a little one, so she wouldn't feel left out. :)

I never thought about doing this for my own dc; what a great idea! Thanks! :)

Kelsy

My kids received their first one last year(grades 5th and 6th) and at the end of this year, they were already asking if I was going to do it for this upcoming year. They loved their cones!

These are some of the items that I put in them last year and some of the items that I am putting in them this year.

glue

post-it notes