Menu

Okay, tell me I'm not losing my mind - JAWM pt. 2

Okay, you know...I should totally be detached, all Spock-like and grown up about all this. Stuff is happening a week earlier than I had thought. We go tomorrow to activate this marriage license, and then wait 3 days and officiate.

It's just a paper, right? I mean we have all this time and trial behind us, we um..did the domestic partner thing already, like 2 years ago? This marriage thing isn't going to be any different, right? It's not like there's going to be flower girls, a reception and all that hoo hah dress up stuff. It's just a courthouse 5 second deal - so like..I shouldn't be feeling any stress. It's like a dentist appointment should be more traumatic. I'll probably be wearing blue jeans and tennis shoes....

So where is all this "girly" stuff coming from? I suggested today to do the Corinthians verse in place of the "obey" lines..(if that's even what they read) - and he just said, "ok." Laughing...that made me a little nervous to think about.

We aren't church people (this is a very long story indeed) - this isn't some formal unicorn and glitter fest. It's supposed to be like as romantic as paying the water bill honestly. It's just necessary paperwork for a impending possible move for the near future. There's not going to be any Leo Sander songs, disco balls or chicken buffets. There will be no family present, no Brides magazine, no hunting pinterest for a year harvesting ideas for the perfect table setting favors....there will be no dyed shoes, no invitations, no photographs.

I've had more for real/real emotional drama making a roux lately.

So what's up with my nerves?:willy_nilly:

Am I making stuff up? (This is where ya'll agree with me, k?)

Repeat after me: This is no big deal, it's five minutes, nothing is going to change, tennis shoes are okay. Stop the drama, go do the dishes and throw in some laundry.

No way, lady. No way, no how, my friend, am I going to endorse the notion that this is on par with a dental appointment!

Getting married is a big deal. A very big deal. That piece of paper is a legal agreement, and one more thick layer of the commitment that you two have already established between yourselves.

All of that stuff you are not having, the chicken buffet and the big white dress, is the part that doesn't matter at the end of the day. The big part, the real part, the forever part, the "you" part, is the part you are leaving in: A promise. A relationship. A new way to define an existing family.

With or without a church. With or without unicorns and glitter. With or without being a starry-eyed virginal 20-something...marriage is real, solid, everyday, and in your situation an extension of the best of what you and him have together.

It's OK to be nervous, or anxious, or waffly, because you are The Bride. However the moments strikes the two of you emotionally, however life may or may not change because of the day's proceedings....

may it be the best day of your life.

Love,

TD

No way, lady. No way, no how, my friend, am I going to endorse the notion that this is on par with a dental appointment!

Getting married is a big deal. A very big deal. That piece of paper is a legal agreement, and one more thick layer of the commitment that you two have already established between yourselves.

All of that stuff you are not having, the chicken buffet and the big white dress, is the part that doesn't matter at the end of the day. The big part, the real part, the forever part, the "you" part, is the part you are leaving in: A promise. A relationship. A new way to define an existing family.

With or without a church. With or without unicorns and glitter. With or without being a starry-eyed virginal 20-something...marriage is real, solid, everyday, and in your situation an extension of the best of what you and him have together.

It's OK to be nervous, or anxious, or waffly, because you are The Bride. However the moments strikes the two of you emotionally, however life may or may not change because of the day's proceedings....

Love,

TD

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

(Looks over both shoulders..no ones watching, it's safe)

You know what?

I don't believe it's a dental appointment either. I think way deep deep down in my soul/soul forever place, the Holy Ghost and all the VIP players are going to be there painting our hearts. That's what I really believe.

Ssh.

Love,

TD

:iagree:

You know what?

I don't believe it's a dental appointment either. I think way deep deep down in my soul/soul forever place, the Holy Ghost and all the VIP players are going to be there painting our hearts. That's what I really believe.

Ssh.

:grouphug: I think you're right. May it be a wonderful day.

You know what?

Ssh.

:001_smile: :D :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I agree, they'll be there. It's holy. :001_wub:

You know what?

Ssh.

:iagree:

You know what?

Ssh.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:I think you're right. Many years of happiness, hon!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: