Menu

Alan Rickman making tea. In slow motion.

"Alan Rickman is commonly termed a "phone book" actor because so many people would be happy to listen to him read the phone book."

Yeah, the first line of the article sort of covers it for me. So, while that was nice I would rather listen to Alan Rickman read the phone book. :D

Mandy

"Alan Rickman is commonly termed a "phone book" actor because so many people would be happy to listen to him read the phone book."

Yeah, the first line of the article sort of covers it for me. So, while that was nice I would rather listen to Alan Rickman read the phone book. :D

Mandy

LOL Me too. He's got such an awesome voice and diction. :)

Me too! He was so great in Robin Hood. The only great one in that movie really! :p
Totally. That movie was CR@P except for him. <3

Based on the title of this post, I wasn't sure if it was okay for my 7yo to watch!

Sorry! I was posting on the fly, and forgot to say. I was totally intrigued by the double entendre [at least for WTMers! :lol: ] but should have said it was totally G/PG.

That was fabulous. Can I say, though, that I loved Alan Rickman long before the Harry Potter books were even written.

True, true!

Oh, and "Galaxy Quest"! How could I forget that one? Only he could play a bad actor that well. :)

Love this movie. So bummed it's not on Netflix Streaming.

Actually, I think the only movie mentioned that I haven't seen it "Truly, Madly, Deeply". Gotta look into that one. [well, and Inception, but he wasn't in that one was he?]

How about Rickman reading the periodic table? How cool would that be?!

Warning - might be rude words, I wasn't able to preview.

I saw Alan Rickman on stage in Dangerous Liaisons in, I believe, 1986, playing Valmont. Extraordinary.

Laura

Love it! Thank you Laura. I'm very envious that you saw him on stage.

I saw Alan Rickman on stage in Dangerous Liaisons in, I believe, 1986, playing Valmont. Extraordinary.

Laura

:lol::lol::lol: I love what the one guy said about Kevin Costner in Robin Hood sounding like he'd just come in from the airport! :lol: Too funny. He was PAINFULLY awful in that movie! Alan Rickman was genius as always though. :hurray:

Me too! He was so great in Robin Hood. The only great one in that movie really! :p

:iagree::iagree:

Couldn't agree with you more! I watched that crap movie several times just because of him (Kevin Costner on the other hand....yeesh, what were they thinking? That guy is a dirt sandwich).

Also loved AR in Die Hard. :001_smile:

Wait . . . wait . . . this is a classical homeschooling board and we aren't throwing about Alan Rickman in "Barchester Chronicles"?

:::::: wanders off, all confused and disoriented, whimpering, "I don't understand, I don't understand"

Netflix is truly letting me down. I think it has a grand total of 4, maybe 5, of Rickman's films/shows available to stream. NOT Truly, Madly, Deeply; NOT Galaxy Quest; NOT The Barchester Chronicles [which, sorry, I'd never heard of]. *sigh* At least I own Love Actually.

I had to check it out, but was disturbed by the fact he used a teabag instead of loose tea.

I've become such a tea snob.

LOL Well he probably didn't want to waste good tea since he knew he was going to have to throw it and then topple the table. It would make sense that a bagged tea would get that reaction, no? :D hehe

:iagree::iagree:

Couldn't agree with you more! I watched that crap movie several times just because of him (Kevin Costner on the other hand....yeesh, what were they thinking? That guy is a dirt sandwich).

Also loved AR in Die Hard. :001_smile:

And the cameo by Sean Connery as Richard the Lionheart too. :D hehe

Oh my gosh I totally forgot he was in Die Hard. :)

Wait . . . wait . . . this is a classical homeschooling board and we aren't throwing about Alan Rickman in "Barchester Chronicles"?

:::::: wanders off, all confused and disoriented, whimpering, "I don't understand, I don't understand"

Oooooh I've never seen that one. :D Yay! Off to check the library! :hurray:

Laura

Finally had a moment when the kids weren't hanging over my shoulder. So funny. I love all those actors, though I couldn't name them all. But then again, I struggle to remember my kids' names. :tongue_smilie: