Menu

Add to this list... "What I need to do to ready for the start of school"

besides crockpot recipes, I make and freeze family size portions of various casseroles or soups. I do this quarterly. Today I made 11 casseroles from 3 recipes. I rotate them so we don't have tamale pie or quiche every Wed.

we have more than one busy day/night. Between the crockpot and my freezer meals I get them all covered without being too repetitive.

clean kids rooms and sort out grown clothing, toys and books.

clean and organize equipment for fall sports/clubs/extracurricular. Make sure all supplies are in order, sets are complete, sizes are correct. Work with dc to determine the system they will maintain so that when it's 4:30 on Tues all you have to do is say it's time to go and they hop in the car with their bag containing equipment/uniform/supplies.

besides crockpot recipes, I make and freeze family size portions of various casseroles or soups. I do this quarterly. Today I made 11 casseroles from 3 recipes. I rotate them so we don't have tamale pie or quiche every Wed.

we have more than one busy day/night. Between the crockpot and my freezer meals I get them all covered without being too repetitive.

clean kids rooms and sort out grown clothing, toys and books.

clean and organize equipment for fall sports/clubs/extracurricular. Make sure all supplies are in order, sets are complete, sizes are correct. Work with dc to determine the system they will maintain so that when it's 4:30 on Tues all you have to do is say it's time to go and they hop in the car with their bag containing equipment/uniform/supplies.

Do you have your recipes on your computer so you could share them?

1. Research and write background essays and discussion questions for five more history-related films.

2. Order the remaining chemistry supplies.

3. Type into my master planning document the weekly goals for Spanish and math that I wrote on paper.

4. Finish planning the second semester electives.

5. Clean and organize the school area.

6. Find and order vegan-acceptable ballet shoes for my son.

Edited by Jenny in Florida

1. Book my manicure/pedicure (gift from husband at Christmas)
  2. Sent e-cards to the kids to welcome them their first day of school.
  3. Found some cute back to school snacks on Pinterst
  4. Bought the littles their fav coloured notebooks to surprise them.
  5. Signed up for first field trip.
  6. Found some crazy cute ideas for pictures on the first day of school on pinterest.
  7. Will have their fav lunch on the menu.
  8. Planning on Daddy taking all of us for breakfast.

Book my manicure/pedicure (gift from husband at Christmas)
I just spent a gift card from DH this afternoon on a facial, massage and pedicure. :001_wub: From now on that is my back-to-school tradition! I'm thinking, like, before every new term... ;)

I still need to figure out a start date. :lol: We have family that may or may not be coming into town. I'm holding off making school plans until I know their plans.

Otherwise...

1.) Clean house

2.) Take stack of books to Half Price and sell

3.) Make breakfast/snack foods for child (Made 2 batches of muffins tonight, plan on making 5 batches of muffins and 1 batch of cookies tomorrow to freeze.)

4.) Make time to garden

Find missing word roots books.

Request books from library.

Finish printing/photocopying.

Write up the plan for dd2's additional science (because one science course isn't enough :001_huh: )

Order resuscitation mask for ds to keep on his keyring. He doesn't go to university until 2 weeks after we start back, but I want to finish my part before I'm occupied with the other stuff.

I still need to:

1. Find a pretty pad of paper to make my daily *to do* lists on :)

2. Reorganize my closet and bedroom

3. Hang my emeals plan on the fridge (I just renewed, and this time I thought I would try their new lunch plan, too.)

4. Need to finish some furniture arranging because we need MORE SPACE!

5. I use the crock pot weekly during school, and recently got an email blog from HodgePodge listing a lot of great crock pot recipe sites, here: http://www.hodgepodge.me/2012/07/return-of-the-routine-feeding-the-family/

6. Actually put pen to paper to schedule logistics of our school days in my new daily planner.

7. Add more things *to do* daily on my new pretty pad of paper!

8. Start simple house chore routines, found here: http://www.underthegoldenappletree.com/2012/08/weekly-cleaning-schedule.html#

1. Hit hsing store today, pick up math, spelling, science, art (just little things to tide us over) plus whatever TOG stuff I can get.
  2. Pack
  3. Order the rest of the TOG stuff I need once I have our new mailing addy...don't want to risk it coming here.

4. Move (hence the 'tide us over')
  5. Unpack
  6. Start TOG

1. Get ds back to campus for his sophomore year--- move-in is Sunday.

2. Schedule the rest of the college visits for/with dd17.

3. Buy new school shoes for dd17. DONE

4. Haircut for dd17

5. Rearrange and restock school supply closet (it's also where dd17 keeps her books and backpack).

6. Find and order proper mounting paper for leaf specimens (for one of dd12's Science Olympiad events, Forestry).

7. Finish writing up plans for the first four weeks of geography.

8. Put ACS Middle School Chemistry papers into binder.

9. Print and bind (dh at work) planner pages for me and for dd12.

10. Check history supplemental reading booklist and request what we need for the first four weeks.

11. Mail payment for dd17's school parking permit today. She'll be driving herself at least half the time as dh has started taking the bus in to the office the days he doesn't work from home. I will gain so.much.time by not driving :)

School begins next Wednesday. We follow dd17's school calendar to make life easier. Guess I'd better take my post-exercise shower and get moving :lol:

Edited by Luckymama

Ugh, this thread is making me sick to my stomach--and we don't start until 9/21! I need to go start doing...something! :gnorsi:

chocolate? wine? :001_smile:

i actually have written up lists of what we are doing, i just really need to buckle down and go through the curriculum to make the weekly plans. and finish my filing project which makes my house look like a hoarder. and i'd love to do a major purge/declutter but i dont see THAT happening

Here's what I've got on my to-do list:

1. Organize school area

2. Set up binders and notebooks

3. Finish ordering curriculum (still need grammar for all, religion & latin for dd)

4. Print and bind science books (we're using Elemental Science)

5. Print out all lesson plans and set up my planner/binder

6. Reorganize the books in my living room to reflect current studies

I think that's it...and it's more than enough! We're starting school Sept. 4, so hopefully I'm ready by then!

Hmm...we've been at it for three weeks now with two high schoolers and one middle schooler.

I am convinced that the only thing I need is RUM for the Mondays...lots of RUM! However, dh seems to think I don't NEED rum. I told him he could teach note-taking to ds and his response was, "NO, because then I'd need some serious whiskey!" (He's not a drinker by the way so it would be funny if I hadn't almost biffed ds on the back of the head today for all his whining and complaining...see my other post on that subject.)

Faith

Hmm...we've been at it for three weeks now with two high schoolers and one middle schooler.

I am convinced that the only thing I need is RUM for the Mondays...lots of RUM! However, dh seems to think I don't NEED rum. I told him he could teach note-taking to ds and his response was, "NO, because then I'd need some serious whiskey!" (He's not a drinker by the way so it would be funny if I hadn't almost biffed ds on the back of the head today for all his whining and complaining...see my other post on that subject.)

Faith

:lol::lol:

I was pretty pleased when dh covered for me in the spring for a half day (only really did math i think), and used my teen as an example for my younger son about how to show math work. I pulled my hair out over that for SO LONG!