Menu

So yesterday the UPS guy knocks on the door

and DH and I both answered it at the same time. The guy hands me the box, I shut the door and RUN yelling for my 19 yo to go look out the window! She runs and is like wha???? Dh was :glare: at me. Needless to say I will be finding reasons to order more things needing UPS delivery :lol:

Edited to add for clarity: This guy was @ 22-25 and my DD is 19 and single. I wasn't looking at him myself, of course. :Angel_anim:

At least you did not answer the door while nursing an infant. :D

Yup! That was me... :lol::lol::lol:

I don't think our old UPS guy ever forgot that. Always had a funny smile for me. And to make things worse, he was awful cute. ;)

Ohhh, that would be embaressing LOL.

I don't think our old UPS guy ever forgot that. Always had a funny smile for me. And to make things worse, he was awful cute. ;)

Oh! Jenny! This means you can join the club of WTM BooK Flashers! I think there are three of us? Welcome. We meet on Tuesdays, but only outdoors in open places...with no doors.

Oh! Jenny! This means you can join the club of WTM BooK Flashers! I think there are three of us? Welcome. We meet on Tuesdays, but only outdoors in open places...with no doors.

I wonder how many sets of booKs the average UPS guy sees in the space of a career?

BAAAA HAAAAAAA!!! :lol:

I first heard this poem on NPR:

Why I Have A Crush On You, UPS Man

you bring me all the things I order

are never in a bad mood

always have a jaunty wave as you drive away

look good in your brown shorts

we have an ideal uncomplicated relationship

you're like a cute boyfriend with great legs

who always brings the perfect present

(why, it's just what I've always wanted!)

and then is considerate enough to go away

oh, UPS Man, let's hop in your clean brown truck and elope !

ditch your job, I'll ditch mine

let's hit the road for Brownsville

and tempt each other

with all the luscious brown foods — roast beef, dark chocolate,brownies, Guinness, homemade pumpernickel, molasses cookies

I'll make you my mama's bourbon pecan pie

we'll give all the packages to kind looking strangers

live in a cozy wood cabin

with a brown dog or two

and a black and brown tabby

I'm serious, UPS Man. Let's do it.Where do I sign?

and DH and I both answered it at the same time. The guy hands me the box, I shut the door and RUN yelling for my 19 yo to go look out the window! She runs and is like wha???? Dh was :glare: at me. Needless to say I will be finding reasons to order more things needing UPS delivery :lol:

Edited to add for clarity: This guy was @ 22-25 and my DD is 19 and single. I wasn't looking at him myself, of course. :Angel_anim:

oh of course not! We married women would never do that. :tongue_smilie:

There's a club????? Can I join? I didn't flash the UPS man (he's an elder at my church, fcol) but I did manage to flash some roadworkers once.

Back when EX and I were first married, we were going somewhere on some rural Missouri road and he dared me to take my shirt off, since no one was around. Well the second I lifted my shirt, we rounded a curve and lo and behold, there were some road workers, right on the side of the road. They saw it all. :blushing:

Does that count for initiation into the club?

*I* wonder how many are accidental! ;)

This was my friend. She had problems with her booKs while nursing and was 'airing out' when the doorbell rang I dont' knwo if she was expecting a specific person or just forgot. She shut the door, saw herself in the mirror, and screamed.

You can rest assured that it was NOT me, as my girls were adopted at 12 mos old. :D

There's a club????? Can I join? I didn't flash the UPS man (he's an elder at my church, fcol) but I did manage to flash some roadworkers once.

Back when EX and I were first married, we were going somewhere on some rural Missouri road and he dared me to take my shirt off, since no one was around. Well the second I lifted my shirt, we rounded a curve and lo and behold, there were some road workers, right on the side of the road. They saw it all. :blushing:

Does that count for initiation into the club?

Holy cow, Michelle! ROFL!

You're in, you're in! You don't even have to go through initiation w/a story like that! ;)

When dd#3 was a baby, I was nursing her on the couch and she had one of those vomiting episodes where she hoses you but misses herself. The only clean shirts were in a laundry basket just inside the front door. I stripped off the soggy mess and was just reaching for the laundry basket when the UPS guy, who knew about our broken doorbell, gave a firm knock that caused our rarely latched front door to swing open. He stood there frozen, box in hand and I stood there topless, with baby barf dripping from the ends of my hair. His eyes slammed shut and I snatched up a shirt to hold in front of me. He held out the box with averted eyes and I grabbed it. I don't think he required a signature!

The second most horrifying story for UPS guy delivery was when my 18 month old got a small cut on her scalp that bled so much that the both of us were covered in blood when the doorbell rang. I would have ignored it because I was dealing with the screaming & the gore, but one of my other helpful children opened the door wide and started yelling "MOM!MOM!MOM!" at the top of her lungs. We looked like extras from a horror movie. I don't think he required a signature for that one either.

I feel sorry for our UPS guy.

Amber in SJ

This was my friend. She had problems with her booKs while nursing and was 'airing out' when the doorbell rang I dont' knwo if she was expecting a specific person or just forgot. She shut the door, saw herself in the mirror, and screamed.

You can rest assured that it was NOT me, as my girls were adopted at 12 mos old. :D

Honestly, when you nurse on demand, you kinda forget "they" are out there in the early months. I had on a Motherwear top, so to me I was covered; I had just forgotten to pop the booK back inside the flap. :lol:

When dd#3 was a baby, I was nursing her on the couch and she had one of those vomiting episodes where she hoses you but misses herself. The only clean shirts were in a laundry basket just inside the front door. I stripped off the soggy mess and was just reaching for the laundry basket when the UPS guy, who knew about our broken doorbell, gave a firm knock that caused our rarely latched front door to swing open. He stood there frozen, box in hand and I stood there topless, with baby barf dripping from the ends of my hair. His eyes slammed shut and I snatched up a shirt to hold in front of me. He held out the box with averted eyes and I grabbed it. I don't think he required a signature!

The second most horrifying story for UPS guy delivery was when my 18 month old got a small cut on her scalp that bled so much that the both of us were covered in blood when the doorbell rang. I would have ignored it because I was dealing with the screaming & the gore, but one of my other helpful children opened the door wide and started yelling "MOM!MOM!MOM!" at the top of her lungs. We looked like extras from a horror movie. I don't think he required a signature for that one either.

I feel sorry for our UPS guy.

Amber in SJ

:smilielol5:

When I was working at the U of Georgia Vet Hospital we had a beef cow with a difficult calving. The calf was in "hiplock" (calf's pelvis wedged in the cow's pelvis). Four or five people had been working on getting this calf out for quite a bit of time when the UPS guy arrives with packages for the hospital.

Usually those UPS guys don't have a lot of time but he must've been ahead of schedule as he stayed around for a little while watching the attempted calf extraction. After a couple of minutes he said something like "why don't you flip the calf 180 degrees?" The vet who was in charge of the whole deal responded with "sure, why not" and did it. The calf slipped easily out onto the straw....

All I can say is UPS really DELIVERS!:lol::lol::lol: