Subscription to explorelearning.com gizmos via HSBC

Camelot Jr.

Muggins Math game and Jelly Beans game

Ranger Rick subscription

Science museum membership

LOF elementary books

D'Aulaire books

Draw Write Now book set

Is there any subject they particularly enjoy that would be one you could explore more in depth with some hands on type items? Anything you could add to the homeschool space to make it more user friendly (white board/mural/bookshelves/desk)? Do you do much online learning/research/demos; if so maybe another a laptop or tablet? Stock your art supplies or craft stuff so you don't have to gather supplies for every project? An outside class/field trip/ experience you haven't done because of cost?

Or build your own premium chocolate stash?

Tickets to the local theater, ballet, or museum, aquarium, symphony. Perhaps museum memberships/ any gift that keeps on giving.

If Wyoming had such things, I'd be all over it. Not a lot of museums and I'm not aware of any aquariums or symphonies. I think Denver is the closest place with all that. :tongue_smilie:

If Wyoming had such things, I'd be all over it. Not a lot of museums and I'm not aware of any aquariums or symphonies. I think Denver is the closest place with all that. :tongue_smilie:

You do have Teton Science Schools though! Dd13 spent a week there last year and LOVED it!

Personally, I would use it for local memberships, classes/camps that the kids are interested in or a trip/vacation. I wouldn't be inclined to buy more "stuff" just because the money is there. I prefer experiences.

I 'd save it and see what the yr has to bring. :)

Personally, I would use it for local memberships, classes/camps that the kids are interested in or a trip/vacation. I wouldn't be inclined to buy more "stuff" just because the money is there. I prefer experiences.

One of these or buying books on my Amazon wish lists is what I'd do.

If I had $300, I would buy a really good microscope that could be used for years.
This is what I was thinking too! Probably because I just needed to buy one. I went with this one, and while I can't vouch for it because it won't be here until next week, I'm super excited about it! I'm hoping that the camera/computer feature will make it a lot more interesting to the kids.

Leapfrog Odyssey 3 talking globe (NOT the Geo-Safari one)

This sparked a life-long interest in geography in our 5 kids. Grandparents gave it to us when our oldest was 5.

Microscope (around $200 for a good one used in high school)

Liberty's Kids DVD set (in addition to the fore-mentioned Magic School Bus)

It teaches early American history in a tangible but entertaining way--like MSB does for science

Save a bit to be able to invest in the children's individual academic interests.

Enjoy (and heavily thank the generous giver, possibly with photos of the kids using the various products)!

Rosetta Stone?

Waldorfy craft kits with natural materials from Magic Cabin

Picture books in the language that you want to teach them

Latin Christiana

Real Science 4 Kids

An antique set of My Book House in excellent condition

A Schacht 8 harness table loom, with a 20 inch weaving width

Good camping equipment (REI has great stuff and a very generous return policy)

Fencing gear and lessons

Writers' Jungle as a backup, not as a primary writing curriculum

Edited by Carol in Cal.