Menu

Anybody up for a 4th of July Rep Party?

Since I've been worth 2 points, it seems that I can give rep to less people per day. So do you think we all get the same amount of rep each day to pass out (say, 12 points or so), and that it goes faster for some people than for others? Depending on how much "love" they spread each time they rep a person?

Does that question make sense? :lol:

Well, I suppose I'm showing my inner geek now, but I have kept records, and it seems that no matter how many squares I've had or points I've been worth, it is about 6 people per day that I can rep. Some days it really doesn't feel like I have given that many, but when I keep the notes, it's pretty regularly that much.

And while I'm being transparent about my nerdiness, I will also share that the wait for being able to rep the same person again is about 8 days. The key factor is to make sure you run yourself out of rep every day. That's how you spread it around. It doesn't seem to work by just waiting 8 days, although I couldn't possibly go 8 days without spreading the love, even to test my hypothesis. You have to spread it around, and spread it good!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm showing up here with the second wave of beverages. :cheers2: I've got a sore back today and have been ordered to bed with a quantity of wine (as muscle relaxer). I'm thinkin' my afternoon is starting to pick up!

We're on round two of kiddie explosives--all children are required to wear eye protection round the clock this year as my dh treated an 11yogirl on Monday night with a burned cornea, burned *from a smoke bomb*.

Play safe, friends!

I'm up for it, seeing as how, no one invited me to their party. Though it was cloudy all day-- that will show my in-laws to not invite us to the family barbeque :) I guess I'll have to party in my own way.

(I did not want to go anyways! lol)

Oh now this just isn't right!!! I'm sorry I'm out of rep for the day :(

Are there any fireworks you can watch on TV? We'll be watching the Philly or NYC ones (or both, probably flipping back & forth and missing it all!).

I'm showing up here with the second wave of beverages. :cheers2: I've got a sore back today and have been ordered to bed with a quantity of wine (as muscle relaxer). I'm thinkin' my afternoon is starting to pick up!

We're on round two of kiddie explosives--all children are required to wear eye protection round the clock this year as my dh treated an 11yogirl on Monday night with a burned cornea, burned *from a smoke bomb*.

Play safe, friends!

Enjoy your wine. And the afternoon in bed. I'd rep you but I'm out. Hope you have a great night!

Where do I look to see my rep points???? :confused:

Click on User Control Panel (CP) up along the top of the board. Any reps you have been given will be listed there. Well, only the last 5 will be shown. But your total number will be on the top right of the box. You start with 10 automatically.

Play safe, friends!

Hey - as long as you share the wine, you can be my friend!!! I hope your back feels better.

And, holy cow - a smoke bomb????? Yikes! We have $25 worth of cheap explosives just waiting to be lit. Okay - eye protection it is! Will that 11 yo recover with her sight??

Seriously???? That's just so sad. I'd rep ya' but I'm out. How about you come to my house and to my party? It's just my family, a barbecue, and some cheap fireworks that are sure to thrill my kiddos, but you're welcome!!!!

I would have come too! Fireworks are illegal here, except for when towns set them off.

The in-laws, how I wish I could trade them in... however at least I am not invited to their parties anymore--I used to go, sit alone, and have no one talk to me. That's worse than not getting invited. Plus my b-i-l insists on doing the grilling and thinks you can serve chicken rare.

I would have come too! Fireworks are illegal here, except for when towns set them off.

The in-laws, how I wish I could trade them in... however at least I am not invited to their parties anymore--I used to go, sit alone, and have no one talk to me. That's worse than not getting invited. Plus my b-i-l insists on doing the grilling and thinks you can serve chicken rare.

Wow !! All fireworks? We can set anything off that doesn't leave the ground. So, a fairly conservative law, but one I can live with.

So sorry about your in-laws. Sounds like it was a blessing you weren't invited this year!! Really - who needs ecoli? (Isn't that what you get from undercooked chicken???) Is there a pool you can visit? A movie you can watch together with a huge bowl of popcorn? (((hugs)))

Ah yes. I have one of those in my family too. :glare: Sorry to hear that. I had hoped I was the only one.

That's why I used to only eat the hot dogs-- though I love grilled chicken. I figure hot dogs are safer because they are pre-cooked.

Sure they might give me cancer, but I think it's less risky than salmonella.:)

Wow !! All fireworks? We can set anything off that doesn't leave the ground. So, a fairly conservative law, but one I can live with.

So sorry about your in-laws. Sounds like it was a blessing you weren't invited this year!! Really - who needs ecoli? (Isn't that what you get from undercooked chicken???) Is there a pool you can visit? A movie you can watch together with a huge bowl of popcorn? (((hugs)))

Dh took an overtime. He just got into nursing school and we could use the extra $$ for the tuition. I told him although I normally am the first person in the car for fireworks, at 8 months pregnant, it's probably better to stay close to somewhere with a bathroom.

We have a pool here at our complex, but the weather JUST started getting nice and it closes in 30 minutes! For some reason, I just cannot get two kids and myself into swim gear in under 20 minutes.

I wish I had more rep to give out, just for the fun of it though!

Dh took an overtime. He just got into nursing school and we could use the extra $$ for the tuition. I told him although I normally am the first person in the car for fireworks, at 8 months pregnant, it's probably better to stay close to somewhere with a bathroom.

We have a pool here at our complex, but the weather JUST started getting nice and it closes in 30 minutes! For some reason, I just cannot get two kids and myself into swim gear in under 20 minutes.

I wish I had more rep to give out, just for the fun of it though!

Okay - an early bedtime it is for EVERYONE at your house then!!! Hop to it! Time for baths - go - NOW! I mean it! Congrats to your dh for nursing school and overtime!! But, you need your sleep! I had a baby in August and I remember that summer as a VERY difficult and HOT summer!

Oh - and I cannot get my kids ready for the pool in 20 minutes either and mine are old enough to dress themselves!

Enjoy your night - no matter what you do! (Sleep included!)

Wow my rep points sure don't last as long as they use to :001_huh: I'm out for the 24. I wonder if you get less point the more green squares you have. I'll have to test that hypothesis out at a later time. I used to have 10 I could give out in 24 hours and then it dropped to 6 I think :001_unsure:

Oh well Have a happy 4th all :)

and for all of ya I could not rep :grouphug:

That's why I used to only eat the hot dogs-- though I love grilled chicken. I figure hot dogs are safer because they are pre-cooked.

So true, so true.

You know, if we lived closer, I think you and I would be great friends.

Waaaaah! I can't believe I missed this. That's what I get for cleaning my entire house and planning out my 2nd semester of TOG books. Worked my fingers to the bone, and for what? I could have been in on a rep party!

Hasnt' that *other* thread taught you anything?? It just doesn't pay to work.;)

Waaaaah! I can't believe I missed this. That's what I get for cleaning my entire house and planning out my 2nd semester of TOG books. Worked my fingers to the bone, and for what? I could have been in on a rep party!

Seriously - what WERE you thinking????? :lol:

Congrats on getting all that work done though!!!! I did a lot today too! My closet, the garage, weeding, my car and a couple other things. Tomorrow I tackle the basement storage closets. So, no rep parties tomorrow night, k???

Well, I suppose I'm showing my inner geek now, but I have kept records, and it seems that no matter how many squares I've had or points I've been worth, it is about 6 people per day that I can rep. Some days it really doesn't feel like I have given that many, but when I keep the notes, it's pretty regularly that much.

And while I'm being transparent about my nerdiness, I will also share that the wait for being able to rep the same person again is about 8 days. The key factor is to make sure you run yourself out of rep every day. That's how you spread it around. It doesn't seem to work by just waiting 8 days, although I couldn't possibly go 8 days without spreading the love, even to test my hypothesis. You have to spread it around, and spread it good!

Now I know just who to call when I need some scientific data. ;)

What you are saying makes sense. I think I probably am trying to rep more now than when the board first started, so I'm sure my perception is off. I have noticed quite a wait between reps for the same person.

Thanks, genie!

Now I know just who to call when I need some scientific data. ;)

What you are saying makes sense. I think I probably am trying to rep more now than when the board first started, so I'm sure my perception is off. I have noticed quite a wait between reps for the same person.

Thanks, genie!

You're welcome, Jackie! I also wonder if they have changed how many people you can rep in a day since the board started. I know for the first day or two, there seemed to be no limits on how often you could rep, or how often you could rep a particular person. But then it got a little tighter. I know there were a couple of other people who timed it and found that they could only rep between 4 and 6 people per 24-hour period, and I think they both had 1 square at the time.

But you definitely have to run out of rep regularly in order to be able to rep the same person within about a week. If you don't run out each day, it can take MUCH longer!

Hey - as long as you share the wine, you can be my friend!!! I hope your back feels better.

And, holy cow - a smoke bomb????? Yikes! We have $25 worth of cheap explosives just waiting to be lit. Okay - eye protection it is! Will that 11 yo recover with her sight??

She will have sight, but might need glasses. Too soon to tell.

Anyway, I'll share my wine if you'll hold my hand while I clean out my attic! I'm plumb terrible at de-cluttering.

On the counter is a nice little Pinot Grigio. How's that sound?

Seems like I read a study a looooong time ago which concluded that if you consumed citrus with your nitrates your outcome isn't quite as unhealthy!!!!! Got any OJ to go with your dogs????

She will have sight, but might need glasses. Too soon to tell.

Anyway, I'll share my wine if you'll hold my hand while I clean out my attic! I'm plumb terrible at de-cluttering.

On the counter is a nice little Pinot Grigio. How's that sound?

Ohhhh, I love decluttering!!! Sure, I'll hold your hand! Pinot Grigio sounds wonderful. Shall I bring my own glass??

Oh waaaahhh! I was busy too, and just got here! I can't believe I missed the 4th of July Rep party!!!:crying:

Anybody got anything left? I think I have a little to share!:001_huh:

I'll catch ya' tomorrow. Seriously - you're on my list here in front of my computer!!

So, what were you doing that made you miss the party? I mean, what is more important???

Oh waaaahhh! I was busy too, and just got here! I can't believe I missed the 4th of July Rep party!!!:crying:

Anybody got anything left? I think I have a little to share!:001_huh:

I just tried to rep you, but for the first time ever, I've used up all my rep in one day.

I'm now soliciting rep on behalf of Brindee! Anyone?

I'll catch ya' tomorrow. Seriously - you're on my list here in front of my computer!!

So, what were you doing that made you miss the party? I mean, what is more important???

I'm on your list? Cool! :001_smile: I think I love you!:001_wub: :lol:

I ummmm, well, I never got the invitation. Must've been sent to the wrong address. So I ran errands this morning, and read part of a book by Alexander McCall Smith. My ds14, dd11 and I are reading through his "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" series. I'm starting book 3 of the series, "Morality for Beautiful Girls."

Ohhhh, I love decluttering!!! Sure, I'll hold your hand! Pinot Grigio sounds wonderful. Shall I bring my own glass??

Glass???? Not straight from the bottle?

Just kidding...only the best crystal for you!

And hey-- I'll be happy to scrub down your bathrooms while you tackle my attic. Or floors...I don't mind floors. Just don't make me find places for stuff. shudder. What say you????

Glass???? Not straight from the bottle?

Just kidding...only the best crystal for you!

And hey-- I'll be happy to scrub down your bathrooms while you tackle my attic. Or floors...I don't mind floors. Just don't make me find places for stuff. shudder. What say you????

Seriously LOL!!!! Crystal sounds even better.

Oh man, we'd make a good team!! I hate floors. Maybe it's because I'm so tall. I make my kids mop the kitchen/eating area three times a week. I really, really hate it!! I'd be happy to find places for your stuff! Really, that's my specialty!

So, where's that wine??????

Seriously LOL!!!! Crystal sounds even better.

Oh man, we'd make a good team!! I hate floors. Maybe it's because I'm so tall. I make my kids mop the kitchen/eating area three times a week. I really, really hate it!! I'd be happy to find places for your stuff! Really, that's my specialty!

So, where's that wine??????

How tall are you? I'm 5' 9". That's taller than most of my friends, who are from 5' to about 5'6"!:001_huh: