Menu

Got our Wii Fit today...

I lost two pounds while using it. I would have lost more already, but vacations, visiting family, VBS, and sick kids have prohibited me from exercising here lately. I'm starting back on it after the 4th of July weekend when things calm down around here.

I really like it because I have unlocked some of the more "intense" endurance exercises....such as Free Run and Free Step. I love that. I run around the house like a mad woman burning calories LOL!

with the wii - no! Maybe I would if I got Wii fit, but as it is we have Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda Twilight Princess. Maybe my wrists are more fit from all the shake and twisting :tongue_smilie: My SIL dislocated her shoulder doing boxing on wii sports. And DH (doctor in ER) says they get a lot of wii-itis (tendonitis, aka tennis elbow, from wii players). He actually had a really fit soldier come in (army) with a deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in leg) because he spent the weekend playing video games on the couch. So the health benefits of the wii run the gammut. We all love the game system, though. I'll have to check Wii Fit.

Anyone use BigBrain Academy?

They are all sold out around us. The only place I have seen them advertised is at Target and they are always sold out. Is there anywhere online that you can buy them? They are all sold out at Target and Best Buy online.

Go sign up at http://www.wiialerts.com

They will notify you when it is available at several different websites. You do have to be near your computer and ready to buy it immediately. We were able to get one from Circuitcity.com this way. Good luck.

My weight has remained the same, or within 3 lbs. I'm not trying to lose, though.

I am certain that my core strength and flexibility has increased tremendously! I do 12 yoga exercises and at least three aerobics ones and various others each day. Even the balance games get me moving and stretching.

I can't say that I'm "fit" but I'm getting there. :)

We have had ours for two weeks, and my weight has remained the same. But my balance has improved, and I'm aching all over from the strength training. That's good, right? We are all having so much fun with it, though! I think any toy that actually makes you get up and move is a good thing!

Have fun with your new game!

-Robin

I am wanting a Wii but do not have it yet. I am a bit puzzled though some of you have used it and not lost weight yet.

I just joined arobics class last week and already lost 4 pounds. On my off days from class I walk close to 2 miles in 30 min.

Holly

Oh, boy, I don't like my fat little Mii!! (Or my fat little me, for that matter.)

Has anyone had success actually getting more fit with their Wii yet?

OH! I Know! When my little Mii plumped up...I was all..."RUDE!"...but then it said my Wii fitness age was 27 (Im 33) and I was happy again...LOL

I am wanting a Wii but do not have it yet. I am a bit puzzled though some of you have used it and not lost weight yet.

I am a lifelong exerciser. I do elliptical/tennis/walking at least 30min a day for 5 days a week. I know it's good for me, but my weight doesn't budge unless I'm very concentious about what I eat.

Having said that, I love the Wii Fit! I have lost a few pounds, but I'm also doing Weight Watchers. I think I am more toned now, especially in the core area, which has always been an area of challenge for me. I really like the yoga on the Wii Fit. I have never done yoga before, but I feel like I get a decent toning (not aerobic) workout with it. It has helped my back pain a lot.

My favorite exercises are the yoga, and I like the balance ball game. I also like the hula hoop.

When we both have it, we plan to have a little challenge/accountability thing set up. Since neither of us has found it yet, we don't know exactly what that will look like. Since we're on opposite coasts, it will probably be via email.

Side note: I set up a notebook for my family, where we keep track of our personal bests on the Wii Sports events. We're not competitive ......;)

My BIL didn't like his "puffy" mii and decided to do something about it. He cut his calories, started using the wii fit program and did some running (he likes to run). He checked in on Wii Fit every morning. As of Saturday, when he got on the Wii, he had lost 16 lbs and was out of the overweight and obese categories and into the normal one. He is thrilled. He really liked the visual part of the Wii that he could see his progress. He looks great!

PS. My mii is still "puffy".

Christi

Oh, boy, I don't like my fat little Mii!! (Or my fat little me, for that matter.)

Has anyone had success actually getting more fit with their Wii yet?

I think it is a lot of hype. You have been duped. But listen don't feel bad, it could happen to anyone.

I like you, Kay. I like you so much that I want to help you out. You tell me what you paid for that thing and I will send you a check for it and I'll take that thing off your hands for you. It's the least I can do for a friend.:lol:

How obvious is it that this device cannot be found in my town?

Lol! We lucked out... my dh took the kids to the mall to spend some birthday gift certificates they were given. They walked in Game Stop to shop, and dh asked if they had any Wii Fits. Nope.

They shopped for 20 minutes or so, and the guy went to the back... because a truck was pulling up. They had a huge pallet of Wii Fits on the truck, and he received them and pulled one right off for us. All in the timing! But I do think that they are starting to ship out the second wave to stores...

I got mine the day they came out, it was lucky timing for me too. I have fallen off the bandwagon for a week or two (my in-laws were in town), but didn't see any real change until I decided to add couch to 5k - I've lost 3 pounds this week. While the hula hoop is great aerobic exercise, I don't think it offers intense enough cardio for me...I don't run as hard when I'm running in my livingroom.

But I do think it is great for the toning and yoga stuff. Who knew yoga was so hard? And my balance posture has def. improved. So, my opinion is it is great to use in conjunction with some other cardio, but maybe that is just me...

Yep... it weighs you and calculates your BMI based on the height you enter. You can have that info locked with a password if you don't want others looking at it... though they would have to intentionally go look for it, it isn't floating above your Mii's head or anything.

I don't know how it will work long term, but I just finished 30 minutes of exercise, and I worked up quite a sweat--I did several balance exercises, several aerobic exercises, and a couple of the strength training exercises.

My favorite so far is the balance one where you tilt your body to make the balls roll through the holes... fun! For aerobics I'm enjoying the step and the hula hoop most. My boys are busy racing each other on the 2 person run (you need to have 2 controllers for this).

So far so good!

I'm the one who hasn't lost any weight. I'm 5'7" and 115lbs. so I don't have much to lose. I actually look very similar to a 12 year old boy when I wear a swimsuit.:glare:

I can say that I am getting stronger, way more flexible and toned from the Fit.

My Dh has lost a total of 17 lbs from the Fit.

Our Mii's (from May)- my poor underweight children and pudgy dh. :) 2633442269_a49386bd01.jpg?v=0

A very unflattering picture of me doing my prepubescent boy impression (last week):

2634263494_8a1bbac37d_m.jpg