Menu

Our dear daisy dog....

... is not doing so well.

she is having surgery for a twisted bowel :(, which is part of what can happen to standard poodles. prognosis is not good. many tears.

we went to say goodbye, just in case, and she was so glad to see us.

sadly,

ann

• 1 month later...

our dear daisy made it! she is alive, and happy, and finally well.

she just kept on keeping on, and surprised everyone. after the surgery the doctor called to say she'd made it that far. then he called twice a day for a week.... at the end of which he said, "i can't believe i'm saying this, but she's ready to go home"..... and so she was, and mighty happy, too :001_smile:

Yeah! I didn't see this post until today. I am so glad your Daisy made it and is doing well. I have two Standard Poodles. They are great dogs! I lost one in November and I still miss her every day.

I pray she continues to do well. Both of my first two Standards bloated despite everything I did to try to prevent it. The one that died in November survived the bloat and the twisting and went on to live happily for another year.

We were so afraid of bloat that we decided to get out puppy's stomach tacked when she was spayed.

Enjoy your poodle,

Suzanne

our dear daisy made it! she is alive, and happy, and finally well.

she just kept on keeping on, and surprised everyone. after the surgery the doctor called to say she'd made it that far. then he called twice a day for a week.... at the end of which he said, "i can't believe i'm saying this, but she's ready to go home"..... and so she was, and mighty happy, too :001_smile:

:party: Yay for all of you!!