Menu

Has your Rainbow Resource order ever taken so long...

Mommy22alyns

Never forgot what I ordered, but I placed an order with them three weeks ago and than received an email saying the item was on back order. I called them on Friday to see if there was any word on my back order. They said the publishers were republishing the book and it wouldn't be in until the middle of July. Bummer!

Blessings

Zoraida

No, but I have had an order take longer than I expected to arrive due to one item being backordered. My most recent order, though, arrived in a week. If you contact them & let them know you are eagerly awaiting your materials, they might at least send what they have in stock and send any backordered items when they show up!

RR has less than stellar customer service and shipping efficiency, in my experience. I seldom order from them any more, but may end doing so this year, unfortunately.

As others have mentioned, one or more of your items is likely on backorder; give them a call and see what they have to say.

My last order came from them *very* quickly (and it was a reasonably sized order).

As others have said, any time I've had a problem with them in the past, it has been due to an item being backordered. Now if I *need* my items quickly, I phone in my order rather than doing it online. They can let you know over the phone if anything is backordered, and you can choose to cancel that one item rather than allow your other materials to sit around waiting.

I've always had a good experience. Twice I've had an item back ordered and the policy is to hold your stuff for a week and if it hasn't come in then they ship everything and you get the back ordered item later. It has always taken 2 weeks at the most for the bulk of my order when there was a back order. I have forgotten about my back ordered item before because it took so long.

I normally spring for the $10 "go to the head of the line" order processing. Mainly because, well, i'm ALWAYS in a hurry.

They post on their homepage when orders are leaving their warehouse - i have found that they are staying at the week level the better than when i first started HS'ing. Back then they were almost always in the 2-3 week range (which was why i'd pay the $10).

Overall, they have actually gone to the TOP of my list for customer service. Always pleasant on the phone when I call. In fact, last thursday when i called to check on my back order (Brock magiscope), i told her i had just told someone online to CALL because they are great about thing - and said that i'd call myself even though they weren't supposed to know anything until today. I mentioned, "i didn't want to be a pest" - she said, "you can call every day and never be a pest!". Seriously, they have been great - they were even stressed about a $3 credit i/my mom had from 2 years ago. *I* told them not to worry about it, but they felt they needed to track it down and figure it out.

Anyway, I do wish they emailed you better on stock, and had better stock levels on their website, BUT, they are wonderful when you call them. So don't be afraid to do that!

Oh, and they are this way in person too - at the FPEA Convention they have a packed booth, but are always willing to look things up for you on the computer, place orders there, and genuinely stay WAYYYYY nicer with a crowd than i EVER could :lol:

No, but I have had an order take longer than I expected to arrive due to one item being backordered. My most recent order, though, arrived in a week. If you contact them & let them know you are eagerly awaiting your materials, they might at least send what they have in stock and send any backordered items when they show up!

You can call them but be prepared for a rude staff. I had called to ask if something could be added to the order at 8:30am and they said that it was fine. By 4pm, they called and said that it was not fine and that I would need to replace my order. This was fine, but I am not sure why it took them the whole day to figure it out. Considering I was at the playground at the time, they were completely unaccommodating with trying to help me replace it over the phone. The weird thing was that they were already defensive when they called me to point that I didn't know what they wanted at first.

Not a good experience and I am taking my business elsewhere.

-I did received me order in two days, but I only live an hour away, all of my items where in stock, and I complained loud and long enough to get upgraded to UPS shipping.

Erica

I ordered early last year because they are kinda slow at the beginning of school year, from about now on. I had a backordered item last fall, but it didn't really hold up my box being delivered. Listed on reciept as backordered, ended up getting a check because they never got it in last year. Now I buy anything that is that publisher from amazon.com, their prices are better on some other stuff as well, so I order those items from amazon now as well. I guess I have lessoned my business to them to stuff that only they have, but that is more of a price decision.

I just called them this morning. I ordered last monday and they told me it would take about a week for them to ship. So I called this morning to see if it was shipping. She said yes it was, but that one item was on back order and that would be shipped separately. She was really nice. I will say one time I e-mailed them to see if something had been shipped and I told them I was so excited about my order and the suspense was killing me. Anyway whoever it was e-mailed back and told me that I shouldn't say things were killing me. Basically she believed that it might bring it to pass if I said it. I was quite shocked, especially since I told her that because I thought she would like to know how excited I was. I still order from them and other than that I've never had any problems.

I've ordered from them twice. Both times it was well over a month before I saw my stuff without one word from them as to why. I don't use them anymore.

Heather

That is my story as well. Also, when I called customer service to check on my orders, the representatives were impatient and rude.

I've ordered almost all my homeschooling stuff through them since the beginning. I've received some orders quickly and efficiently and others were show and I experienced terrible customer service in the meantime. So far, I haven't experienced anything bad enough to completely stop ordering from them.

I have always ordered from them and been very satisfied. They typically have the best selection and prices. I will typically order enough for free shipping.:001_smile: I figure since I get free shipping I understand that they will hold your shipment for a backorder. They have always been flexible if I needed to change my order. I just sent in my final RR order last night. The negative when you order online is having to wait but the positive is not having to lug all this stuff around at the curriculum fair. I hope your package arrives soon.

You can call them but be prepared for a rude staff. I had called to ask if something could be added to the order at 8:30am and they said that it was fine. By 4pm, they called and said that it was not fine and that I would need to replace my order. This was fine, but I am not sure why it took them the whole day to figure it out. Considering I was at the playground at the time, they were completely unaccommodating with trying to help me replace it over the phone. The weird thing was that they were already defensive when they called me to point that I didn't know what they wanted at first.

Erica

That would have really upset me too! I've called Rainbow before and changed an order and had no problems at all. Being treated rudely on the phone by a company I'm spending a lot of money with would incline me to take my business elsewhere.

A couple of items ended up being backordered this time, so that was part of my problem. I had a big enough order where I got free shipping, so I was too cheap to shell out the extra $10!

Another problem is the DHL shipping though. For some idiotic reason, they partner with USPS, so DHL drops my package at the post office and then the PO delivers it to me. This ends up dragging things out an extra day or 2. :confused: What I can't figure out is why - DHL is perfectly capable of delivering directly to me, it's not like I live waaaay out in the boonies or anything. They actually have delivered directly to me before.

I should finally have everything tomorrow... I waited so long to even place the order, and then it's been another 2+ weeks for me to get it.

Another problem is the DHL shipping though. For some idiotic reason, they partner with USPS, so DHL drops my package at the post office and then the PO delivers it to me. This ends up dragging things out an extra day or 2. :confused: What I can't figure out is why - DHL is perfectly capable of delivering directly to me, it's not like I live waaaay out in the boonies or anything. They actually have delivered directly to me before.

Fed Ex does this too - it part of some agreement they made with the Post Office. They are actually shipping postal mail on their planes or something. But it stinks to add the extra day.

I know she asked me if i preferred UPS or DHL on mine - and I said UPS, i'm glad now because i would have been bumped a day. I have issues with DHL - they didn't attempt to delivery on a package, the hub called me wanting to know what to do with it since my house was destroyed. Umm, i'm AT my house, it's here. The driver ASSUMED that we'd lost out house int eh tornado - didn't bother to drive back and check. :glare:

HOpefully you get it all soon! I think i'm going to switch to phoning orders in in the summer......

Fed Ex does this too - it part of some agreement they made with the Post Office. They are actually shipping postal mail on their planes or something. But it stinks to add the extra day.

I know she asked me if i preferred UPS or DHL on mine - and I said UPS, i'm glad now because i would have been bumped a day. I have issues with DHL - they didn't attempt to delivery on a package, the hub called me wanting to know what to do with it since my house was destroyed. Umm, i'm AT my house, it's here. The driver ASSUMED that we'd lost out house int eh tornado - didn't bother to drive back and check. :glare:

HOpefully you get it all soon! I think i'm going to switch to phoning orders in in the summer......

Next time, I'll call in my order and request UPS. DHL gives it to my postal lady, who holds it for a day or two, then leaves the "sorry we missed you" slip in my mailbox without ever having attempted to deliver it at all. This is the fourth time she's done that to me. And it's not like she even has to get out of her car! I go to the car and carry it in, myself. I don't mind. I'd meet her at the road if she'd just honk. LOL.

That you nearly forgot what was in the order? :confused:

Some poor person in New Hampshire is going to have to wait an extra week. We picked up our box today and it was HUGE - I opened it up to find books I didn't order. EEK! And a packing slip that wasn't mine! *double eek* All I could think was, "This woman needs her books NOW!" (I don't know that she does. I don't know her. But I felt for her.)

When I called Rainbow, however, the lady I spoke with was wonderful. They're repacking the poor woman's order and hopefully shipped it today, and they'll send UPS to come pick up the ones that are here. I'm so glad they aren't going to make her wait for these to go back to Rainbow and then out to her.

I've never ordered from RR, and I'm glad I read this thread, because I sure won't start now.

I thought I might, because I'm planning on using Jacob's Geometry this year, and CBD doesn't carry it. These kinds of things don't happen with CBD. I order from them, it is shipped out that day, and I get it by the end of the week without upgrading.

I originally ordered my Jacob's from Lampost Publishing. I used a debit/cc, and placed the order on a Tuesday. On Sunday, I checked my bank acct., and the hold placed had expired. I emailed them to find out what on earth was up, and got a very nasty email back, stating that their policy was up to a week, etc. It was beyond rude.

Maybe I'll have to go with a different geometry program, who knows. I know I can't handle slow shipping.

I can't handle slow shipping either - but i accept that in order to keep costs down, the increases for the "busy time of the year" would raise prices overall. I'm pretty sure CBD is a whole heck of a lot "bigger" of a company than RR.

I know when i placed my first order 5 years ago with them i was nervous - back then an order right now meant waiting 3 weeks for it to ship. That was when i saw the $10 and paid - i was still money ahead! But it arrived fine and i've been a happy camper since.

The best part is - we have choices! So we can all pick where to order from :D I've never ordered from CBD so i'm glad to hear they ship fast. I can't keep them on my radar for some reason, so i just never check there until i get a sale flyer (once a year) from them. WOnder why i never get the catalogs i sign up for from them?

OH man - that poor lady!

Did you have any of your stuff in there at all?? But that is nice they are re-shipping it to her ahead of time.

Seriously, the time i had a damaged item they didn't want it back (would have cost more in shipping than it was worth), which just floored me, they gave me a $4 credit. I've since gotten an extra book from Sonlight (that i already had) and they did the same thing, just asked me to bless a family with it that would love it!

Next time, I'll call in my order and request UPS. DHL gives it to my postal lady, who holds it for a day or two, then leaves the "sorry we missed you" slip in my mailbox without ever having attempted to deliver it at all. This is the fourth time she's done that to me. And it's not like she even has to get out of her car! I go to the car and carry it in, myself. I don't mind. I'd meet her at the road if she'd just honk. LOL.

How's my mail lady doing your route AND mine????

HMPH. No wonder she is slow!