Menu

What did I get myself into?

My brother is a trucker and he can't run his heater at night. So I crocheted him a blanket for his truck. My 15 year old started working on one for her room at the same time. Needless to say, I finished way before her so she asked me to finish hers. So I did and then the 12 year old wanted to know when I was going to make her one. So I started hers and then the 19 year old wanted to know when I was going to make her so it is next on the list. I have already bought the yarn. Then the older two said what abou them. So my list is getting longer and then last night my hubby was sitting in his chair and said he needed a blanket for his chair so I said I would get him one and he said no I meant you need to make me one. I am going to be making blankets forever. :001_huh:

Go to Goodwill.

Find several thrift finished ones.

Lay on living room floor slightly dazed with matching yarn embedded in your hair & such, act passed out....

When you "come to", proudly shake out the blankets you've worked so hard on.

:lol:

Even funnier because I've woken up with a sock-in-progress stuck to my face before.

Go to Goodwill.

Find several thrift finished ones.

Lay on living room floor slightly dazed with matching yarn embedded in your hair & such, act passed out....

When you "come to", proudly shake out the blankets you've worked so hard on.

:lol: Sounds good to me.

You just made me realize something-I found a beautiful quilt pattern to make my niece for her upcoming wedding (she's the first to get married). I'm so excited about it-except after reading your post I remembered that I have 12 other nieces & nephews! Think I'll come up with another gift idea:lol:

I still have the afghan my mom crocheted for me. She made each of us 4 kids one. We picked the colors and how we wanted it to look. Mine has really wide stripes and has a border in a color that doesn't exactly go with the stripes (but I picked it, lol). Younger sis has one that's half one color and half another. I can't remember what the other 2 afghans look like.

My brother is a trucker and he can't run his heater at night. So I crocheted him a blanket for his truck. My 15 year old started working on one for her room at the same time. Needless to say, I finished way before her so she asked me to finish hers. So I did and then the 12 year old wanted to know when I was going to make her one. So I started hers and then the 19 year old wanted to know when I was going to make her so it is next on the list. I have already bought the yarn. Then the older two said what abou them. So my list is getting longer and then last night my hubby was sitting in his chair and said he needed a blanket for his chair so I said I would get him one and he said no I meant you need to make me one. I am going to be making blankets forever. :001_huh:

Now that you mention it, I would love a blanket. I like reds, browns, yellows, and greens :D.

I am going to be making blankets forever. :001_huh:

Forget about the crocheting and just give them all Snuggies. :D

(And since you'll be having a lot of newfound free time, do you think you might be able to crochet me one of those blankets? ;))

I still have the afghan my mom crocheted for me. She made each of us 4 kids one. We picked the colors and how we wanted it to look. Mine has really wide stripes and has a border in a color that doesn't exactly go with the stripes (but I picked it, lol).

Same here! Mine has bright primary colors I wouldn't choose now, but yes, I chose them :-)

It's a nice keepsake -- and we still use it. Your kids are lucky :001_smile:

That began years ago when my Mom started knitting baby blankets. Now an afghan made by Nana is something every member of the family wants to have. At 71 she is knitting my 26 year old niece one at the moment.

My guess is, this might be your new "thing". :D