Menu

My dd's 1st impression of the Gum Wall in Seattle.

Dd & I went to WA last month on the train. Always a fun trip. While there, we visited the Gum Wall in Seattle. Some friends had taken pics there the last two times they were there, so dd thought that we should check it out, too. Once we got there, she wasn't so sure...:lol: She did go ahead and add her own gum and smiled at that point, but the first pic I took is my favorite.

post-12282-13535086623439_thumb.jpg

post-12282-13535086623439_thumb.jpg

It is pretty gross if you think about it!:lol:

Yes, it is...however, once you're there and you look at it, it's also kind of cool. She stuck her gum on the end of her finger, then pushed it onto the wall, being VERY SURE that she didn't touch any other gum. :001_smile:

yeah, I think it's revolting, too. My oldest dd came back from a trip to Seattle last Summer with photos in front of the wall. I don't know if she added to it, I never thought to ask!

I didn't know there was one in Seattle. There is one in the town I was born in, San Luis Obispo, CA. We loved going and leaving our gum there as kids!

My kids and I visited that one when we were out there! It's called Bubblegum Alley if I remember right? Walking through it was disgusting. All I could picture was bacteria crawling all over the place. :)

My kids and I visited that one when we were out there! It's called Bubblegum Alley if I remember right? Walking through it was disgusting. All I could picture was bacteria crawling all over the place. :)

It's Post Alley, actually. I was laughing as we left...seeing everyone heading towards it, chewing on their gum. :)

I've lived in the area all my life and have never heard of it. Where exactly is it?

Do you know where Rachel the pig is at Pike Place Market? Near the pig are some stairs that go down. Take those. At the bottom, turn right (walking back, past the stairs), then left. Look for people chewing, laughing or grimacing. :tongue_smilie::rofl: :ack2:

Yes, the one in San Luis is called Bubblegum Alley. My initials are up there....somewhere:)