Menu

How's Your Weather?

It started hailing a minute ago here. I glanced outside just in time to catch a squirrel exodus- they're all fleeing the trees and going, well, wherever it is that squirrels go when balls of ice start falling from the sky. :tongue_smilie:

So how's the weather where you are?

Windy and cold. Yesterday was nice, the day before that we had the AC on. Hail and tornadoes are forecast for later. My cat will be dashing under the bed or couch when that starts. I have taken the tablecloth off the table outside, moved the glass table to avoid hail, and started laundry in case we lose power.

I gew up here, I know every day the weather changes, but ya know, it would be nice if it were consistent. When we were in the south it was either mildly cold or hot, period. At least you knew what to expect.

I gew up here, I know every day the weather changes, but ya know, it would be nice if it were consistent. When we were in the south it was either mildly cold or hot, period. At least you knew what to expect.

I hear you. Yesterday here it was warm and sunny. Today was the day I was planning for dd and I to bop around town in our bike/trailer and run all my errands. If I try that now, I'll probably end up with a lot of very small concussions. :glare:

Today, nice.

Last night a tornado went through our yard. 13yodd was home babysitting our younger 4 and got everyone into the basement pantry when she saw the trees swirling around and branches and debris hitting the windows. Fortunately, it was a fairly weak one and no one was hurt, no noticeable damage to our house. Someone's siding landed in our yard and a beautiful tree across the street is down :crying:.

It is sunny, and 43 degrees outside. Lucky for me, the weather did not cooperate with the weatherman a few days ago, and we did not get the promised 4"-6" of snow.

Spring showed up on time and then left us in the lurch. I anticipate its return on May 1st. This time, I hope the weatherman is correct.

Been raining since about 8pm last night. A very cold rain. On the plus side since yesterday my lawn went from brown to 1/2 green. No dayhome child today so we are enjoying the sound of rain on the roof, snuggled up with blankets doing read alouds and assigned reading.