Menu

If you conceal carry while you're running..

Another thing to consider, for me, is most of the year it's HOT here. I'm wearing as little as possible while running. Some jogging shorts and a tank top.

I'll be carrying either or a Ruger LC9 or S&W bodyguard, most likely the latter. It's smaller. Please don't give advice as to what you would do while running. I specifically want advice about carrying a gun!

Another thing to consider, for me, is most of the year it's HOT here. I'm wearing as little as possible while running. Some jogging shorts and a tank top.

I'll be carrying either or a Ruger LC9 or S&W bodyguard, most likely the latter. It's smaller. Please don't give advice as to what you would do while running. I specifically want advice about carrying a gun!

Also, it's the Hive. Unless you mark it that no one can disagree people will offer opinions. Being snarky about that tends to annoy people who otherwise would help. ;)

Sigh...wish we lived in a state that didn't want my firstborn in order to conceal carry. And we just read that WI just gave it's 100,000th CC permit...blah...

So anyway, CC proudly, and I hope you find something that works for your situation.

~coffee~

Didn't mean to be snarky! Guess I'm trying to multi task and getting too short. Sorry! Thanks for the links!

No problem! And I wasn't trying to dissuade you from cc. Just mentioning that for certain threats, bear spray or pepper spray works better.

Are you worried about wildlife or humans?

Didn't mean to be snarky! Guess I'm trying to multi task and getting too short. Sorry! Thanks for the links!

You weren't snarky at all. Sometimes you have to be very vocal to keep your thread from getting derailed or you won't get any helpful advice at all. :001_smile:

I haven't tried it, but dh has a fanny pack style pouch that would probably work. You could also just wear it with one of the tighter waistband ones.

No problem! And I wasn't trying to dissuade you from cc. Just mentioning that for certain threats, bear spray or pepper spray works better.

Are you worried about wildlife or humans?

Humans :D We live in the boonies and I rarely see anyone driving by when I run. Makes me a little nervous about being so far away from everyone. If something happened, I wouldn't be missed for a while. We don't have wildlife like bears or anything. A lot of deer.

Humans :D We live in the boonies and I rarely see anyone driving by when I run. Makes me a little nervous about being so far away from everyone. If something happened, I wouldn't be missed for a while. We don't have wildlife like bears or anything. A lot of deer.

Gotcha. I would not do a fanny pack. There's a lot of bouncing. You also don't want an ankle holster because it'll throw your gait. You'll need something water proof so you don't get perspiration all over your sidearm.

Have you practiced shooting with a raised heart rate? I've seen various things showing accuracy with a raised heart rate is usually under 15 yds, so that's something to account for at the range, Kwim?

Try out those guns before you buy... I have owned both of them. The bodyguard is bulky (well "bulky" as far as those bitty guns are concerned) due to the laser.. and they both hurt like heck when you shoot.. they bite back! I dont like either of those guns... The Bodyguard really hurts! Also the trigger pull is really too long IMO. I had the trigger worked on and it was still awful.

I still have the lc9 as my gun to carry when I need something smaller than my S&W M&P. I sold the bodyguard.

I'll sell the Lc9 when I find a small gun with a nice trigger.

As far as holsters... what about those holsters that are like underwear or shorts.. they'd hold your gun nice and close..

OK, since I live in NJ, I know next to nothing about concealed carry permits. Does it have to be concealed while running? Seems to me a person running along a road with a visible holstered gun is unlikely to encounter any trouble at all. :D

OK, since I live in NJ, I know next to nothing about concealed carry permits. Does it have to be concealed while running? Seems to me a person running along a road with a visible holstered gun is unlikely to encounter any trouble at all. :D

That's what I thought- then dd said she wondered if people saw the gun and the woman was running if they'd think she was running from a crime.

I work in Wisconsin and just recently started seeing people come into our store carrying. It was a bit startling at first but then someone told me they have a new concealed carry law.

If you can't find a suitable holster, design one to sell- I bet there's a market for that!!! I bike on a trail and have wondered how I'd defend myself.

and they both hurt like heck when you shoot.. they bite back! I dont like either of those guns...

:iagree:

I don't have the guns the OP talked about but I did for a while have a nice small one. Then dh had me shoot a Glock 17 (27? 36? I don't remember but it was big) for a competition thing we were doing and then going back to my tiny gun, it bit, hard! I was afraid to shoot it. So now I have something much bigger. Recoil, but no bite. That reminds me, he needs to take me shooting!

I can't CC while I run because too many of the places I go say no CC. Trails even. :glare:

I know nothing about this, but I do hope you run with a cell phone or some other communication/tracking device so that you can contact someone in an emergency.

Have you practiced shooting with a raised heart rate? I've seen various things showing accuracy with a raised heart rate is usually under 15 yds, so that's something to account for at the range, Kwim?

This is a good idea. I'll have to try it!

Try out those guns before you buy... I have owned both of them. The bodyguard is bulky (well "bulky" as far as those bitty guns are concerned) due to the laser.. and they both hurt like heck when you shoot.. they bite back! I dont like either of those guns... The Bodyguard really hurts! Also the trigger pull is really too long IMO. I had the trigger worked on and it was still awful.

I still have the lc9 as my gun to carry when I need something smaller than my S&W M&P. I sold the bodyguard.

I'll sell the Lc9 when I find a small gun with a nice trigger.

As far as holsters... what about those holsters that are like underwear or shorts.. they'd hold your gun nice and close..

Funny how different people are! I LOVE the bodyguard and, with some practice, have found I really like the LC9 as well. :D

I have been looking at this one. (Warning there are pictures of women in bras, as this is a bra holster)

http://ultimateconcealedcarry.com/pin-up-collection/the-marilyn.html

I have sent an email because my gun is not listed. I have an LCR.

I wear a tight sports bra while running so any kind of bra holster probably isn't going to work.

I know nothing about this, but I do hope you run with a cell phone or some other communication/tracking device so that you can contact someone in an emergency.

Yes, I have an armband that holds my cell phone so I can listen to music while I'm running. :)

Unfortunately, yes it does have to be concealed. Our state is working on an open carry bill. If it passes, then I wouldn't have to worry about it.

This lady was on her cell phone when she was being abducted. Her boyfriend heard it all happening... The poor guy called 911, but they told him they couldn't do anything about it, because his girlfriend was in a different state. :confused: When I was watching that episode of Disappeared, I couldn't believe that 911 operator didn't just connect him to the proper police department. He had to track down the lady's parents' number, call them, then have them call the police.

By that time, the lady's cell phone was on the side of the road, and she was long gone. :(

I used to feel safe walking with just a cell phone. I don't own a gun, but after watching that episode, I figured I should!

This lady was on her cell phone when she was being abducted. Her boyfriend heard it all happening... The poor guy called 911, but they told him they couldn't do anything about it, because his girlfriend was in a different state. :confused: When I was watching that episode of Disappeared, I couldn't believe that 911 operator didn't just connect him to the proper police department. He had to track down the lady's parents' number, call them, then have them call the police.

By that time, the lady's cell phone was on the side of the road, and she was long gone. :(

I used to feel safe walking with just a cell phone. I don't own a gun, but after watching that episode, I figured I should!

Reminds me of the saying that police are only minutes away when seconds count. :(