Menu

For those not celebrating Easter today...

What are you doing today?

We only do the Bunny not the religious aspect of Easter, so that took maybe 15 minutes this morning. I'm headed to go mow the lawn and then package books to go to the post office in the morning. Just was wondering what everyone else is doing today that isn't doing Easter.

my husband and my dad took the 2 girls to sahara sams an indoor water park. I won free tickets last summer. hoping it is slow today!!

I just got out of the shower and should be working on taxes.

We did the easter bunny thing this am and I talked to the girls last night how eggs and candy have nothing to do with the fact that jesus rose from the dead today.

Robin in NJ

So far, I walked 3 miles at the track, had a homemade smoothie, took a hot shower, played Hanging With Friends, posted here, and hung out with the kids.

Now I'm going to Lowe's to buy grass seed for the bare patches in my backyard (too much kid traffic in too small a space) and to buy a few groceries at the supermarket. :D

When we get back, we'll be turning up the bare patches and putting down the grass seed, relaxing at home after that, grilling steak for dinner, and trying to clear out some space in our DVR. Fun, I know!

I went to the Botanical Gardens this morning, with intentions to get dirty in my own garden this afternoon.

Now it's raining, so I'm sitting in front of mindless trashy television and killing time online :)

I imagine the power may go out at some point, so I'll take a bath by candlelight and finish reading the awful book I can't seem to get through (but can't NOT finish IYKWIM - ugh, hate that!)

My kids aren't here today because they're Catholic, and are celebrating today with their parish family.

We loaded up on Bunny sugar this morning. The kids got to use new bubbles and chalk outside. I added manure to my garden and started some new seeds in my greenhouse. Dh cleaned the grill.

We're looking forward to eating free ham later. :D

And I'm doing laundry, just like every other day of my life!

We celebrated spring. :) The kids got baskets with a little bit of candy and spring/outdoor-themed gifts: a kite, a firestarter kit, camera accessories (for camp starting tomorrow), the Hungry Caterpillar book...

Unfortunately it was so wet and yucky today that only the big kid went out. The toddler helped me make dinner - a veggie filled stirfry and spring rolls. We also spent a LOT of time on the phone talking to dh, who is on a trip this week.

I've got laundry and dishes running. :D

Dh is taking a coworker who is here from India on a tour of downtown Detroit. So I'll be here hanging out with the boys at home. I'm working on next week's grocery shopping list.

When Dh gets home, he is taking Zee out metal detecting (their shared hobby) and Moose and I will make him a cape. Yep, he's been wanting a cape, so we'll put one together from my fabric stash.

We do celebrate Easter, but I'm sick, so after I sent dh and ds to church, I settled down with the other two boys to watch some River Hunter and Psych episodes.

Now that the other two are back, I'm going back to bed to surf the Internet and watch more Psych. They are making a cookie cake and taking the dogs on a long walk. (- unless boy #2 needs to go to urgent care for the earache)

I have been doing some reorganizing of toys, some scrubbing of the bathroom, and other deep cleaning, getting ready for my brother and his best friend to come visit tomorrow. My children are playing some kind of war game they made up that uses Cuisenaire rods and pattern blocks. In about half an hour we'll put pizzas in the oven for our weekly "fen church," a night devoted to root beer floats and multiple episodes of Doctor Who.

I'm not going to do the bathrooms today. That's my way of celebrating. :)

We've having Chinese food tonight. We don't cook on Easter.

I changed my mind about baskets for the kids and stuck with the tradition from the past several years to get them a foot-high hollow chocolate bunny. I managed to sneak it into my son's room because he sleeps so heavily. My dd14, otoh, woke up as I was halfway through her room to her desk, saw the box and said, "Oh I looovvveee you." :tongue_smilie:

We mark and celebrate the seasons, but the equinox was last month. :shrug: Today's just another Sunday and dh relishes in Sundays being just another day. Dh was churched out when he was younger and then when he was a pastor so we don't celebrate any aspect of Easter. I don't think we ever did even the most secular aspects of Easter even when we were Christians. Not for any reason, really - just didn't think the kids really needed the candy. I don't think there's any need to start now.

We had lunch before dh went off to work and we began another school day as usual. The kids and I are watching the second half of "The Buddha" and we'll probably watch the last episode of "The Fabric of the Cosmos" while we eat dinner.

We have a community of free thinkers that we've been meeting with every Sunday at lunch time in a local coffee house. We invited everybody over today and had a great time. We got up, checked out the Easter baskets, got ready and started welcoming everyone in. I think we ended up with about 40 people and about 10 kids. Great day!!

It was just a normal Sunday for us, with each of us puttering around the house. Among other things, Dh worked on a project in the garage, ds helped him, and I culled some clothes from my closet to bring to the thrift shop this week.

Later, we had homemade pizza and watched The Big Bang Theory on dvd. We're almost done with Season 4.

ETA: We used to do the bunny thing when ds was younger. Now we wait for after Easter candy sales. :)

Edited by floridamom