Menu

Where are these camis???

Yep, the a.n.a. brand at JCPenney. I just ordered a few more, in fact, because I wear them so often. I like the adjustable straps because I can get them right for the shirt I am wearing, I like that they are long enough, and I like that they are made of stretchy fabric. They have plenty in the store, or you can order them online. I can't believe how nice they are for the cost. I like them much better than more expensive ones I've had. They also have lace trim, but I'm not sure if those have adjustable straps.

My girls wear the ones from American Eagle, too. They are adjustable, but they aren't quite as long.

Edited by angela in ohio

Thank you both so much! Yes, part of my problem is big BooKs -- there never seems to be enough material, esp. b/c I am also on the shorter size... a cami big enough for my chest is sized for someone much taller, so the straps are too long and it's pointless in terms of coverage. These both look like great options! THANKS AGAIN!

Jockey has the only ones that I've found for strictly under a shirt/layering purposes.

http://www.jockey.com/en-US/Catalog/Silhouette.aspx?CategoryName=Women&DepartmentName=all%20tops&SilhouetteName=camisoles&List=119

I've got big BooKs and it's hard to contain them sometimes and these work wonderfully

Which of these do you like? The No Panty Line ones?

Which of these do you like? The No Panty Line ones?

Love the No Panty ones. I do have the Luxe (printed) and it's nice and comfy, however if you are wearing a bra with anything other than 100% cotton it slips a bit. I tend to wear that one under tighter shirts. I also have the Tactel one (in gray though it's not on the website, it's a dark charcoal color) and this one seems to be better at gripping a non-all cotton bra

These might be what you are looking for.

Built in adjustable underwire bra with slightly padded cups. I love these and when they go on sale I buy new colors. They come in cotton or microfiber. They are very comfortable and I don't bra straps showing since its built in.

http://www.normthompson.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=7588

You order your bra size. I always order a size bigger because I don't like my camis to squeeze me like a girdle.

I'm always looking for coverage on the other end - there's nothing worse than seeing a mom's panties and hiney hanging out the top of her jeans!

I buy maternity ones (I'm 5'3" with a really short torso, and 120 pounds). They are really long and have a lot of stretch, so they don't come untucked even when you have to climb to the top of a playset to rescue a scared kid. Plus they are high enough in the front that on shirts that are cut too low for my frame (which is almost everything except turtlenecks and crew necks), they cover enough so my bra isn't hanging out!

These might be what you are looking for.

Built in adjustable underwire bra with slightly padded cups. I love these and when they go on sale I buy new colors. They come in cotton or microfiber. They are very comfortable and I don't bra straps showing since its built in.

http://www.normthompson.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=7588

You order your bra size. I always order a size bigger because I don't like my camis to squeeze me like a girdle.

LOVE the high-cut neck and all the pretty colors, but I don't want padded cups or a shelf bra. (I can't use a built-in bra AS a bra; need underwire support.)

I'm always looking for coverage on the other end - there's nothing worse than seeing a mom's panties and hiney hanging out the top of her jeans!

I buy maternity ones (I'm 5'3" with a really short torso, and 120 pounds). They are really long and have a lot of stretch, so they don't come untucked even when you have to climb to the top of a playset to rescue a scared kid. Plus they are high enough in the front that on shirts that are cut too low for my frame (which is almost everything except turtlenecks and crew necks), they cover enough so my bra isn't hanging out!

We're body doubles! Short, short-waisted, everything is too low in front. Plus I'm pretty sure my undies are hanging out my jeans most days, which makes no sense because you'd think most pants would be up to my armpits given how short-waisted I am, but somehow it happens.

I've been pulling my hair out about camis for my girls. The books/book covers always, always show! What is the point of the cami if it's not providing any extra coverage at all? :confused:

The Costco ones didn't work for us. :001_huh:

I will try some of the other recommendations, though at this point I have told my girls that I don't care if they think it looks matronly to have super-high neckline shirts, there will be no more low t's with cami layering. :glare:

We're body doubles! Short, short-waisted, everything is too low in front. Plus I'm pretty sure my undies are hanging out my jeans most days, which makes no sense because you'd think most pants would be up to my armpits given how short-waisted I am, but somehow it happens.

That's actually how I'm built, too (a bit taller though) and I have the same problem. I'm so short-waisted it's crazy (I look like a kid when I'm driving!). I think the "southern exposure" is b/c I have really narrow hips so my jeans are always falling down. I am definitely going to look into maternity camis -- one of the only ones I have and like is Motherhood (and yes I still wear it, even though I'm not preggo!).

I've been pulling my hair out about camis for my girls. The books/book covers always, always show! What is the point of the cami if it's not providing any extra coverage at all? :confused:

I don't care if they think it looks matronly to have super-high neckline shirts, there will be no more low t's with cami layering. :glare:

I know! Most camis cover less than a centimeter more than the low-front/v-neck shirt I want to wear it under. Frustrating. I don't want matronly but no one needs to see the tops of my girls, thank-you-very-much.

I think Shade clothing make them. This is a women's clothing company affiliated with Gymboree and Janie & Jack children's clothing, to give you an idea of the quality.

Those are super nice but no adjustable straps. For me that will mean they are too low. Phooey.

Those are super nice but no adjustable straps. For me that will mean they are too low. Phooey.

I wasn't sure about the straps. I just ordered a few of these for myself. If you like I can let you know about the coverage up front. All of their tanks and bathing suits *look* like they have a higher neckline and more coverage in general.

WHY is this so hard to find? They must exist somewhere! Here are my specs:

1. No shelf bra

2. Adjustable straps

3. Comes up high enough in front to cover BooKs

Please tell me you have seen these somewhere.

Bought some really nice ones at Dress Barn. Lace on top and bottom, LONG (I'm tall), and covers everything that you don't want to expose at over 50 years old!

My books are little and I couldn't find any either. Tried on every single one at Sears and none of them would work. So even the petite among us are benefiting from this thread.

Ditto.

I can never find a cami that comes up high enough in the front (without having extra strap) for my preferences.