Menu

Would you let them paint their room like this?

Yep, one of my girls wanted a fushia and orange room and then the next girl that moved into the room wanted a very light green. Both paint jobs came out really well. It is a great way to personalize the space, is usually relatively inexpensive and if they help they feel a great sense of accomplishment.

I don't know that I would give my kids free reign over choosing some absolutely crazy paint scheme that *I* really hated. If they want to do something a little different or funky that would be totally fine, but I imagine dh and I would still have some veto power if it was something we absolutely found to be hideous.

So, should I let them paint their room this way?

Is there somewhere online they could do a mock-up, or perhaps physically, e.g. paint a box the way they propose so they could have a look at it? Or simply look online for examples of rooms painted similarly so they can get a better idea of how it will look?

But yes, I would let them do it.

Ds4 chose a green for his room, sort of like the green in the boxes which go with the Ikea kids storage systems. I painted just one wall, but it looks awesome.

Dd11 pushed for all coloured walls, and I reluctantly went with it. She has 3 sort of lilacy walls, and one in a dark purple, kind of grape coloured. It also looks fantastic.

kids have awesome ideas...let them do it & help them fix it, or make it look better if you need to. For my kids who are younger, when they get an idea, I try to help them make it happen because sometimes they just don't know how, on the other hand mine come up with an idea one day then 2 days later are off on another idea. But, paint is the cheapest way to decorate a wall...

Yes, how fun! And then the pink side can have turquoise accessories, and the turquoise side can have pink accessories, and both sides can throw a few black things in to boot! Cool!

:iagree:

My kitchen is turquoise, any black accessories look awesome in it, and recently I found myself daydreaming about a hot pink mixer (I'll probably go with something more practical like pink towels. :tongue_smilie:).

I'm kind of partial to that color combo--and I'm 41.