Menu

SWB's Unplugged Mom podcast interview...

That was fantastic.

Thank you so much for sharing. I never knew of that program, so I thank you for the link to this interview! It made me happy, and it even made me a little teary, especially the end when SWB said that children are people, and that developing relationships with them is important; that children are not cogs. :001_smile: Again, I am impressed with how gracious Susan is. That came through again, and especially well here.

Sharing on my FB wall.

Edited by LibraryLover

Thanks! See what I miss by not being on FB? ;)

I find myself always referring to SWB to my dh when I'm talking about school stuff and curricula. I guess he hears her name a lot. The other day I was telling him I didn't know what to do about something, and he says, "Just ask yourself, 'What would SWB do?'" I bust out laughing.

Thanks! See what I miss by not being on FB? ;)

I find myself always referring to SWB to my dh when I'm talking about school stuff and curricula. I guess he hears her name a lot. The other day I was telling him I didn't know what to do about something, and he says, "Just ask yourself, 'What would SWB do?'" I bust out laughing.

Oh dear - I foresee WWSWBD bracelets in your future. :)

She does do a great interview.

Well, I sure hope the board here floods with new friends as she promotes it at the end.

Ya'll get on your best behavior, we're going to have new faces I hope.

I loved the re-framing of questions towards the end when the questioning was broad and a bit vague; that's a very talented use of controlled rhetoric she uses.

Go Susan! :)

I loved this interview, especially the places where she speaks out against an us v. them (the ps'ers) stance. I've had the great pleasure to encourage families who have their children in public school, been able to loan resources and most importantly, affirm and validate families who can't or don't want to homeschool, but really want the best for their children. I spend alot of words helping people understand that their is no perfect path for children . . . we're all doing the best we can with the tools we have.

SWB, I appreciate your tone in this interview.

Warmly, Tricia

I loved this interview, especially the places where she speaks out against an us v. them (the ps'ers) stance. I've had the great pleasure to encourage families who have their children in public school, been able to loan resources and most importantly, affirm and validate families who can't or don't want to homeschool, but really want the best for their children. I spend alot of words helping people understand that their is no perfect path for children . . . we're all doing the best we can with the tools we have.

Warmly, Tricia

:iagree:

Warmly, Tricia

I really liked that part, too. The "us vs. them" has become a real issue, as evidenced in the comments section every time the local paper features homeschooling, and in some conversations I've had (or overheard) at our local co-op.

I think I'll start a separate thread, because a rant here would take away from her very fine interview. I'll just say I really liked it, especially the "us vs. them" part.

• 1 month later...